T-Mobile internet

ucfireman

Anyone use the T-Mobile internet thing for 50.00 a month?
I know its supposed to be 5G. I got a 4G phone and a friend has a 5G, his is way faster and gets better service coverage.
Thinking of getting it for Newnan, 4G is limited but I'm tired of 90.00/month for Spectrum.

buckmanmike

I've got T-Mobile internet at deer camp. I get excellent service and use it for TV streaming since I have poor TV reception. We have 2 t-mobile phone lines that gives us a $20 discount, so only paying $30/mo for internet.

cowhornedspike

I use it. Streams tv well even though I am in a fringe area with only 2 bars on the 5g meter.

jeg

I'm in a fringe service area, works well 95% of the time for day to day things like web browsing, streaming TV, camera system, etc.. I average between 25-40mbs down, not great but serves what I need and substantially better than the other two options I have. Unfortunately it will randomly drop to 0.3-1.5mbs down for 5-10 minute intervals every couple of days; from what I can tell it is when the device connects to their n41 cell band instead of n71 extended range band, but there is no way to "lock it" to a specific band. I've been pondering ordering a MIMO antenna to try and make it more stable. Also, I measured a distinct increase in reliability after doing an ethernet cable from the t-mobile device to my mesh network and offloading the wifi to that instead.

If you have someone in the household that does online gaming, latency inconsistency can become an issue and impact those game experiences on these type of devices.

MudDucker

Staff member
I have it as a back up and it works well, but be sure you are in their coverage area.

transfixer

I checked into Tmobile for the internet a while back, a little over a year or so, but ended up going with Verizon because I was already a customer and they had the same thing for a little cheaper, its 5g also and quite fast, I'm more than satisfied with it .

BassRaider

Currently, I have AT&T Internet($95.60) and Youtube($72.99) - to be replaced.
Per the T-Mobile guy, I can get Internet for $30.00 when I upgrade my phones to $100 plan. It includes Netflix & Apple TV, 5G, and 2 I15 phones for exchange. Sounds like a good deal?
Thoughts anyone?

JBird227

GONetwork Member
I think the Netflix and Apple TV is for a limited time, check to make sure.
We have had Netflix and Apple tv free from tmobile for years, its forever.
The MLS soccer package on Apple tv was free for 3 months.
I canceled the tmobile home internet a month ago when starlink became available. It wasn't bad for only having 2 bars of 5g. Most days you could stream tv. It was the only choice for internet where I live, it was worth $50 a month.

georgia_home

Check all costs for total monthly bill. extras, tax, etc
check duration of free services. Usually 6mo-1yr but you have a 2y contract.
check for monthly service cap xxGig/line before slow down
check for cap for phone itself and/or total network as hotspot. They can be different.

my work T-Mobile has 200g hotspot/month
not sure of limit for just phone.

Work phone new a year ago, I14, had the apple 6mo only free and no Netflix. Maybe limited because business account? Work pays it for me.

at some point, you’re standard phone internet if you go over some amount. May slow down. A lot! On metro, by T-Mobile, wife and sons personal phones get so slow as to be unusable for internet.my son especially. I hotspot him via work phone if we are together

most times we are on inhome cable wifi so it doesn’t matter. But outside home, after limit, don’t even try

please post final choice and level of satisfaction after you decide and have feedback

Currently, I have AT&T Internet($95.60) and Youtube($72.99) - to be replaced.
Per the T-Mobile guy, I can get Internet for $30.00 when I upgrade my phones to $100 plan. It includes Netflix & Apple TV, 5G, and 2 I15 phones for exchange. Sounds like a good deal?
Thoughts anyone?

georgia_home

The old… ummmmm limited! ;)

With the overages on our metro, they do NOT charge for over, but the slowdown is soooooo ssssllllllooooooowwwww it’s just about unusable even for simple web surfing

Usually the promotion price is limited. So long as you stay with the carrier the access is included indefinitely. Being cell companies, they have the capability of redefining terms you thought you knew the meaning of, like “unlimited data “

The old… ummmmm limited! ;)

With the overages on our metro, they do NOT charge for over, but the slowdown is soooooo ssssllllllooooooowwwww it’s just about unusable even for simple web surfing
>>unusable even for simple web surfing
Yep, not to mention streaming!!

Related, once you get a cell service go to where you will mainly use it and verify it works. Its radio and radio frequency is affected by laws of physics. (I used to work with cellular RF engineers.)
You generally get a couple weeks buyers remorse before you are stuck in the contract for full term.

BassRaider

Decided to stay w/AT&T for internet - great service. Too many unknowns with T-Mobile Internet.
We've had T-Mobile phones for many years (2 @ $70) and happy except for some coverage areas.
May drop YouTubeTV ($73) and wait to go with Fubo in the spring (Braves games)?

buckmanmike

T-mobile tried to charge me $7 for Netflix on my bill due Jan 10th. I had to go into my acct and turn it off. I'm losing my love for T-mobile. POed when they changed from being able to use a CC to requiring a debit card or checking draft.