Tactacam Problem

glynr329

buckpasser, I finally got in touch with Tactacam Bill, a real human! He walked me through several steps and, when the camera didn't work, arranged for me to return it.
Same thing happened to me. I really liked that response because they stand behind the product. I know it causes you a little problem but better than say sorry can't help you.

fredw

Retired Moderator
To all who responded.....thanks much.

I finally got in touch with Tactacam Bill, a real human. He had me run through a series of problem shooting steps. My camera didn't work even after going through those steps. Tactacam Bill asked me to return the camera to them for refresh/replace. They sent me a prepaid return shipping label which I thought was first class. I'll get it shipped on Monday and hopefully they'll turn it around quickly.

Just for info....and in case someone else can use the problem determination steps, this if what Tactacam had me do with my camera:

1. Diagnostic Test: May I please have you do a little troubleshooting with me so I can include that in my notes for my RMA department? When you put your camera into setup mode and change the image size from 8M to 12M, be sure to apply the setting by pressing OK. Then turn the camera off and back to setup mode and let me know if that setting sticks to 12M or reverts back to 8M.

2. If the image size saves successfully, make sure you have the right SD card in your camera. It needs to be Sandisk or Lexar, full size (not microSD w/ adapter) Class 10, U3, 16-32GB. Please keep in mind that all SD cards have a 40% accepted failure rate, so it is possible your SD card needs to be replaced.

3. As long as you are using the correct SD card, I will have you try formatting your SD card in the camera. To do this, put the camera in Setup mode, press MENU, and then the UP arrow. The camera will walk you through to format. Let me know if you have any issues with this.

4. Next, send yourself a test picture and make sure it comes through to the app. Then turn the camera ON and see if it will send a motion detected pic. Is it taking the picture and only saving to the SD card?

rosewood

The reason I told you that is because I was on a call with another brand cell cam. That was what they told me to do.
That is a common fix for most anything with a computer chip in it. Reboot!

Sometimes you want to take the batteries out and then turn it on, that aids in draining any residual power in capacitors on the circuit board. Letting it set for several minutes usually does the same thing.

Rosewood

glynr329

That is a common fix for most anything with a computer chip in it. Reboot!

Sometimes you want to take the batteries out and then turn it on, that aids in draining any residual power in capacitors on the circuit board. Letting it set for several minutes usually does the same thing.

Rosewood
You are correct I did that also and may forgot to mention that.

Anthony61

BANNED
w
Anthony61, camera is writing to the sd card but not transmitting. Interesting enough, when I did a test pic, it wrote to the card and transmitted.

Then this is a firmware or set up issue. If their tech support can't help you then its time to return it I suppose.