Taking Kids to Mistletoe State Park Clarks Hill Advise

cddogfan1

Taking the kids (13 b 14 g) to the Mistletoe State park staying in the Fisherman's cabin. Going to bring our noodles and catfishing rods. Boat is a 16 foot G3 jon with a 60. Any advise would be appreciated. We typically fish Sinclair and Oconee. Never wet a hook in Clarks Hill. Any bait stores that sell shad or live shiners. etc.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Don't know nothing about the area... but good on you and good luck to all.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Never fished that part of the lake, but I fish otehr parts of the Hill a lot, and run jugs a lot. It's full of catfish. Just buy some large shiners or catch some bream and use them for cut bait on the jugs and rods both.

little rascal

I fished bass tourneys there and it is full of fish. That whole creek arm at Mistletoe and up to the marina which I think now is Clarks hill marina, and to the bridge and across the creek in some of the large coves. Lots of fish and bait around. Here's a link to an old article on Catfishing the Hill by our very own Ol' Sultan of slime.

Mistletoe is one of my favorite places. Been camping there each spring for years and it's a great park. As for fishing, we've mostly fished the backwaters and points for bass and bream. We also have had some success with minnows for crappie when we can find some structure. And, if you are fortunate enough to be cruising early morning or late evening and see hybrids busting the surface, it's game on! Only happened with us once or twice over the years, but you can hook something on almost every cast.