Team #1 - Springtime Assassins

DUCKAHOLIC86

Morning fellas, my name is John and its nice to meet all of you guys. Pnome we were on a team together last year so hello again sir. I'm pretty pumped about the season, as I know all of you guys are. I hunt toombs, montgomery, and emanuel county. I hunt every weekend, work doesn't allow me to slip off during the week. But looking forward to it fellas! On a side note I think we should start thinking of some team names.

Last edited:

trkyburns

Hey guys, I'm Kevin in NW GA. Looks like a good team here!

I hunt mostly NW GA (Floyd, Chattooga, Gordon, Walker) and hope to do a little hunting in AL this year too. In the past I have always hunted hard on weekends while squeezing in quick hunts before and after work. As "luck" would have it, this year I will be in the woods quite a bit more than usual :biggrin3:

I'm fine with pretty much any name for our team. Looking forward to this!

threadfin-nole

Hey guys. David here. Glad to be on the team. I hunt every chance I get, weekends, weekdays before work if possible. I hunt west central GA and east Alabama. I'm good for at least one or two birds. Who knows might get lucky and kill a limit. Good luck guys. I'll post and check in often.

pnome

My name is Joe, and I'm a turkey-holic...

I joined a new hunting club last summer and boy howdy do they have some turkey on it! I've got a good feeling about this season. I plan on hunting every weekend of the season.

Nice to be on a team with you again John! I'll be thinking of some good team names.

trkyburns

Our thread seems a little quiet so I thought i'd post something to bump us back up from the bottom...

Anybody got any ideas for a team name? What about "shocks and struts"?

DUCKAHOLIC86

Hey fellas, I been out of commision for a little while for a little vacation to myrtle beach. So anyways, yea our thread could use some more talking, so lets get this name thing ironed out and on a side note, anybody know or talk to tenptr?? He hasn't chimed in yet so I was just curious on his status. I guess this would be a good time to address any questions that anyone may have, I'm pretty sure we have all been in this thing before just making sure is all. Here are my suggestions for team names:
1. Strut Stoppers, Inc.
2. Cut N' Run
3. Southeast Turkey Smashers
4. Turkey Thugs, Inc.
5. Tommy Knockers
6. Springtime Assassins
7. Face Full of 4's

Just my ideas, won't hurt my feelings if you guys don't like them.

DUCKAHOLIC86

Another thought, last year the team I was on posted our pics to our thread like this one and let all the team members review and give their ok, it worked out great and we didn't have any DQ's. So to me this would help everyone before posting.

trkyburns

Hey fellas, I been out of commision for a little while for a little vacation to myrtle beach. So anyways, yea our thread could use some more talking, so lets get this name thing ironed out and on a side note, anybody know or talk to tenptr?? He hasn't chimed in yet so I was just curious on his status. I guess this would be a good time to address any questions that anyone may have, I'm pretty sure we have all been in this thing before just making sure is all. Here are my suggestions for team names:
1. Strut Stoppers, Inc.
2. Cut N' Run
3. Southeast Turkey Smashers
4. Turkey Thugs, Inc.
5. Tommy Knockers
6. Springtime Assassins
7. Face Full of 4's

Just my ideas, won't hurt my feelings if you guys don't like them.

I pm'd tenptr, I'm betting he'll show up soon. I like the names. My vote would be either 3 or 6.

trkyburns

Another thought, last year the team I was on posted our pics to our thread like this one and let all the team members review and give their ok, it worked out great and we didn't have any DQ's. So to me this would help everyone before posting.

I agree with this.

DUCKAHOLIC86

Alright guys so just seeing how everybodys doing. Been seeing any birds? Everybody still looking forward for the opener?! And also has anybody heard from tenptr? I know hes a regular on here i just would like to have a for sure check in. Thanks!

trkyburns

I have another way to try and get in touch with tenptr so I will try that. Only a couple days left for him to check in here.

If everybody is in agreement on Springtime Assassins let's make it official!

On a final note, I just couldn't take the waiting any longer so I bought my Alabama license online last night and headed out early this morning for public land I had never set foot on before in my life. I know it wouldn't matter for the GON challenge, but MAN I came close to squeezing the trigger on a gobbler this morning! He just would not commit to those final steps! I don't blame him I guess. I'll be back at 'em tomorrow on private land and will go after this morning's bird again within the week. Maybe by the time our season gets here I will have worked all the kinks out! :biggrin3:

threadfin-nole

Kevin,

I had the same itch. I had a great morning in Alabama. This bird hung up 80 yards out in the open hardwoods for almost an hour. He finally broke and came to me. I had to watch him the whole time without moving. My neck is still sore!!! Good 2 yr old. 10" beard, 1" spurs.

Attachments

• DSC05525 (600 x 399).jpg
    DSC05525 (600 x 399).jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 390

trkyburns

Congrats David! That's getting it done right there.

Went with ryanwhit to private land in AL yesterday and we scored on a 2 yr old. Went this morning back to public land and came oh so close again on the same bird. This bird is getting under my skin already...

John, don't sweat it, less than a week away from the GA opener now! I just happen to live real close to the state line and have plenty of free time right now so I figured I might as well hunt AL. Sounds like 'nole lives close to the line too. I'll tell you this though, Alabama is proud of their licenses... they are NOT cheap for an out of state'r!

threadfin-nole

Yep it's high but its not as bad as Illinois for a non resident archery tag. I have eaten tag soup in Illinois for the last three years. Boy is it fun though.

turkeyed

Ok guys, since TenPtr was a no-show by the deadline he has been replaced. dukslayer10 will be joining your team. Good luck guys.