Team #15- Team Dead Bird Walking

sman

Hi guys!!!

Checking in and looking forward to giving this thing a run!!!

Last edited:

Romo

I'm looking forward to the challenge. This is my first time entering this thing. I get to hunt some around the house which is northwest Ga. and in Greene co. I also have some property in Ky if I get the chance to go.

sman

I'm a rep so I travel a lot. I have all of GA except NW. So that's kinda funny that's where you live.

bubbafowler

I have several properties in Meriwether and Coweta so maybe I can add some. I'm also am still on a quest for a public land turkey, and have a trip planned the first week of the season. I wish they would let us score birds called in for others as well, as I have a couple of kids I take during the season, but I hope to still manage my three. Also if any of my guys have an alabama license I have 40 acres so close to West Point lake you can see it on the lake map that has turkeys on it. I just cant afford the Alabama license. I will take a team member though if they have one!!

Last edited:

bubbafowler

looking through all the sign-up forms, seems that everyone on the team has tagged birds! I had an off season in 2010 due to issues at home, but I normally tag one or two at least. Lets work together and put some toms in this. I agree with other's strategy to enter only 5pt or more birds at first, and try to get 12 of those. Also, what are we looking at for a team name??

sman

I'm good with any name.

I agree on the strategy. Let's get 9 or 10 before we start cutting 5 pt birds.

turkeyed

Guys I'm sorry Romo is on your team. He can only kill birds if I'm around for some reason. Since I no longer live in NW Georgi not sure how he will do.......::ke:

Just kidding guys. Romo is a very good turkey hunter and I will be traveling back up there to hunt with him some. And he will also be traveling south to hunt with me some. He thinks he is first on the trigger this year but all I got to say is he better be faster than me. :bounce::bounce: JK Romo you are first!

Good luck guys.

Toddmann

Dang Scott I just tried to call u. U must have changed #'s. Gonna miss having u on my team. Hope u have a good season. My son is ready to whip me again.

Romo

I have several properties in Meriwether and Coweta so maybe I can add some. I'm also am still on a quest for a public land turkey, and have a trip planned the first week of the season. I wish they would let us score birds called in for others as well, as I have a couple of kids I take during the season, but I hope to still manage my three. Also if any of my guys have an alabama license I have 40 acres so close to West Point lake you can see it on the lake map that has turkeys on it. I just cant afford the Alabama license. I will take a team member though if they have one!!

I will puchase a license if we can work out the dates. Do you have the dates for their season?

bubbafowler

March 15-April 30th. One a day with a total of 5 per year. $277.70 for a year long Alabama License, $121.15 for a three day. Just cannot afford the license. It is 40 acres my father in law owns that has a good deer and turkey population on it. Find good sheds and have found a good 11 ptr dead. See scratchings everytime I go and have seen them many times. Was select cut 10 years ago and left all the young hardwoods. Has a swamp in the middle that they roost over. If you have one or want to purchase one I will scout before hand to ensure it is worth the trip.

sman

I bought an Alabama license 2 years ago. I got the 3 day for a 2 day hunt. Killed 1 each morning. I like bama birds. This yr I'm trying Fl and SC.

bubbafowler

Yea but I have a four month old at home so I can't spend money. I've had these birds gobble so I think they could kill easy. Neighbour doesn't allow hunting so I don't think they get legal pressure

sman

Funny I like it.

moyehow

Checking in. I will be hunting southeast GA. Sman, let me know if you are in the waycross area.
Bubbafowler, how far of a drive would it be from Waycross, ga to your place in alabama?
I am cutting back on call making this year so i can hunt and video more.
I would love to go to alabama on the 15th. An early start would be nice.

moyehow

How about a little challenge within the team. I will send each member a call. The person that kills the most birds using a Dead Bird Walking Custom Call, keeps the call at the end of the season. Tie breaker will go to the person who kills the highest scoring bird. A little motivation. All I ask is that the losers send the calls back. I will pay for the shipping the calls to you. You have to pay to ship them back.
All i need is your address and what type of sound you like.(soft, loud, clean, raspy, extra raspy)
I need to know as soon as possible if this is something you guys would like to do. Email me your address. moyehow@yahoo.com

turkeyed

Moyehow
Thats an awesome idea. Might have to recruit you over to team ten. JK Guys that is an awesome opportunity. I bet you will even want to buy the call at the end of the season you will like it so much!

Will-dawg

How about a little challenge within the team. I will send each member a call. The person that kills the most birds using a Dead Bird Walking Custom Call, keeps the call at the end of the season. Tie breaker will go to the person who kills the highest scoring bird. A little motivation. All I ask is that the losers send the calls back. I will pay for the shipping the calls to you. You have to pay to ship them back.
All i need is your address and what type of sound you like.(soft, loud, clean, raspy, extra raspy)
I need to know as soon as possible if this is something you guys would like to do. Email me your address. moyehow@yahoo.com

Can I get in on this:D

sman

Awesome. You have an email.