Team #16 - Beard Collectors

I was also a guide for the 3rd annual Wounded Warrior Hunt at Greene Farms in Upson County this past Saturday Morning. Out of the three Soldiers all of them got a chance at a Gobbler and two of them made it count!:flag:20120408104246.jpg

Well guys I guess I've done about all I can for us points wise. We should have about 47points on the board now if all entry's are excepted. The thing to remember is this is not a sprint its a marathon and It want be over till the last day! Keep after them Birds and good things will happen. I have two more to get for my wife so she can get her limit but after that, If needed I will welcome any of you to come hunt with me to try and get a few more points for the team.:cool: Good luck and be safe!

hotamighty

You have done a fine job for our team and an even better job for other people. Getting the elderly gentelman his first bird and helping the wounded warriors with their turkey hunts, in my book, means more than the turkey challenge. Congrats on a great season for yourself and good luck to your wife. Hopefully she will be able to limit out also.

foxdawg

i agree with hotamighty, you have already helped alot of people get some great memories. good luck with getting your wife her birds. thanks for your points and offers to the others.

georgia_hunter

I agree with them, Not only have you helped our team but you have helped several other's make memeories they will never forget. Congrats on a great season. I really feel like if we can get our limit on birds we will place in this.

Hawken2222

Good Job on a great season and I think it is great the way you are helping others along the way. My hats off to you.

Thanks Guys!

I didn't join the Turkey Challenge to win prizes I did it cause I wanted to help others win some prizes. I'm a veteran Turkey hunter and I've been killing them over 25yrs, and I've been real good at it for 20yrs. Between my limit and the people I help every year I average 15 to 20 birds a year and that's how I got the name (Turkey Terminator). I'm blessed to have some awesome places to hunt and that makes a big difference. I get my limit each year and I thought I could help a team out with some points and make a few friends along the way. You see I rarely post anything in the turkey forum only on our team thread just because I don't do it to say hey everyone look at me! I do it cause I luv Turkey hunting!:flag:I think I'm very lucky to be on this team of good guys, and with a few more birds we will be contenders in the end.:shoot: Good luck to all of you and keep the lead flying and the birds die'in!:fine:

Hawken2222

I played guide today and it was one of the most amazing hunts of my career. There is something to be said for puting others on birds. This was an old high school buddy of mine. His first bird! 17# 11oz, 1" hooks 2 beards 8 3/4, & 6.

Attachments

• Charles Turkey 4-14 001 (600 x 452).jpg
    Charles Turkey 4-14 001 (600 x 452).jpg
    75 KB · Views: 270
  • Charles Turkey 4-14 002 (600 x 452).jpg
    Charles Turkey 4-14 002 (600 x 452).jpg
    105 KB · Views: 266
  • Charles Turkey 4-14 005 (600 x 452).jpg
    Charles Turkey 4-14 005 (600 x 452).jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 263
I played guide today and it was one of the most amazing hunts of my career. There is something to be said for puting others on birds. This was an old high school buddy of mine. His first bird! 17# 11oz, 1" hooks 2 beards 8 3/4, & 6.
That was a great job! Its always fun to help someone get there first bird and see the excitement they get from it.:flag:

foxdawg

no luck

guys i went at it again this weekend and got close, but still no kill. got set up right underneath one, (got closer than i intended) and he wouldn't come off the limb, in the meantime had another longbeard come in to my calling, straight behind me. long story short he busted me and flew out to roost right behind the other one. they both stayed on the limb until 8:30 when they pitched down to other birds on the neighboring property. i'll get back after them next weekend, maybe i will close the deal on one. this is some tuff stuff, these birds are smart.

Ok guys you see where we are and all we need is a few more kills to be contenders in this challenge! (Fact)=This thing will be won by a team of turkey killers not a team of turkey hunters.:shoot: Good luck and I hope the turkey gods bless all of you with longbeards. I took the last two weeks off and did stuff with my family but I'm getting back after them this weekend. Me and the wife will roll for the hunting land in the morning to try and let her finish up her season. Stay after them and the next hunt may change the rest of your season.:cool:

Hawken2222

Guys I am heading out after work for South Dakota. I am driving, and I have a brief stop at my Moms, but should start Hunting Monday afternoon. I'll report back here when I get back in town. Good Luck to everyone, we are looking real good right now.

Guys I am heading out after work for South Dakota. I am driving, and I have a brief stop at my Moms, but should start Hunting Monday afternoon. I'll report back here when I get back in town. Good Luck to everyone, we are looking real good right now.
Have a safe trip and best of luck to you.

My wife's 2nd Gobbler

She put another 20ga brain buster on a Ol hook spur Tuesday! This one has a 10-3/4 Beard and 1-3/8 Spurs. She's having a great season considering she's only went hunting a couple times both of her birds have had 1-1/4 spurs or better!:cool:hannahs 2nd gobbler.jpghannahs 2nd bird spurs.jpg

Attachments

• GEDC0325.jpg
    GEDC0325.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 226

hotamighty

Congrats to your wife! Thats a nice bird. I have seen 1 adult gobbler and 2 jakes since Easter morning when I got the double. Got the 2 jakes in to about 15 yards but my son-in-law wanted an adult bird and wouldn't shoot a jake. The big bird kept his distance and never gave us a shot. Maybe it will get better before the season goes out. Good luck guys and don't give up!

georgia_hunter

Tell her congrats. She is having a good season. Guys I don't know what is going on around here the birds just are not responding to any calling. I am going to have one more weekend to hunt and that will be it. Sorry I have not been able to produce but I swear I always have got my limit until this year. Every challenge I have been in I have killed 3 birds. I guess thats what I get for thinking I was pretty good at killing some Turkeys..lol

Hawken2222

Hawken2222

Guys I shot two birds in South Dakota. Theyw ere both 5pt birds I went ahead an entered one of them. Here are some pics of my birds, as well as one my buddy shot. I hope every one is doing ok.

Attachments

• south dakota 011 (600 x 452).jpg
    south dakota 011 (600 x 452).jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 202
  • south dakota 017 (600 x 452).jpg
    south dakota 017 (600 x 452).jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 210
  • south dakota 022 (600 x 452).jpg
    south dakota 022 (600 x 452).jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 208
  • south dakota 035 (600 x 452).jpg
    south dakota 035 (600 x 452).jpg