Team 3

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Heck yeah ! Did it connect
right in the face!!!

I was 20 ish or so yards in the back in a briar thicket, I couldn't see anything!
I started hearin some drummin, then I heard the boom! I jump up and yeti was runnin to him, he was a floppin. Yeti got a boot o his nexk and it was over!

sea trout

Great weekend at camp with the family and friends!
Daughter hunted with me, called in 5, 1st one was tom, (one of those where I had a good shot but wanted a great shot and never got it), so I never got a shot. Later was 3 jakes and a tom. They came in from behind us, I turn around to see them and they caught me, the tom spooke putts and goes away so I never had a shot. The 3 jakes spook putt but come out to the food plot to the flextone hen decoy anyway.
When the tom was back down the hill he gobbled. Then all 3 jakes stretched their neck out a same time gobbling to answere him, and my daughter was watching, it was an awesome moment!

Last edited:

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Couldn’t get close Saturday. Had one gobbling a little a couple hundred yards off. I was afraid to move on it and he went elsewhere apparently.

sea trout

Couldn’t get close Saturday. Had one gobbling a little a couple hundred yards off. I was afraid to move on it and he went elsewhere apparently.
Thats when ya need them heat seekin missiles!!!!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I’ve hunted a quota wma hunt the last 2 days and those public land birds will make you pull your hair out, if you got any :D Oh so close this morning . Gonna try the same one in the morning

sea trout

I’ve hunted a quota wma hunt the last 2 days and those public land birds will make you pull your hair out, if you got any :D Oh so close this morning . Gonna try the same one in the morning
Maybe I'll go!
I need to pull these grey hairs out!!!!

Nothin close at club this weekend.
Heard lots of gobblin but they were all far off.
Where ever i'd park the truck they were gobbling somewhere else.
Maybe next weekend
Good luck team 3!!!

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
I couldn’t get close again this weekend. A member had a gobbler on camera twice on Friday in the area I’ve been hunting but he’s not gobbling or responding. Heard some way off where another member was hunting but they said they were across the property line.

sea trout

Gettin the SAME THING at our club past 2 weeks.
They're there but they're gobbling way back on property lines. They're gobblin good at dawn but by the time we get close they seem already busy and don't seem workable, they respond to us but they wont budge. Then they go quiet quickly.
I'm not a noon or afternoon hunter so I don't know what they're doin at those times.

I got more time to hunt weekends and some durin the week comin up late April and early May.
Havin few days in a row really helps me make a plan on one.
Like my son and I found one Saturday mornin, was the 2nd spot we tried so we couldn't get close to the foodplot in the thinned pines. He wouldn't come up to as far as we were. So we made a plan for Sunday mornin to set up in the dark. Me and my BIL did that plan, all worked but the Tom came up in the thick woods behind us instead of the road bed, thinned pines and food plot we were set up for.
So i'm like... "man.... if we could just hunt him again the next mornin we'd srt up this certain way and be SURE to kill him!!!
BUT!!!! as y'all know I'm sure the Tom would pick a toatlly new way to not get shot and frustrate us.
All fun either way for me! Good luck team 3!!!!!!!!!!!!