Thanks To All Of You GON Friends....

Redbow

Glad you are out of jail and free again, and yeah the whole situation stinks that you had to go thru. Maybe one day that Cop will get a dose of his own medicine. If I were the county sheriff or chief of police he would no longer be on my police force if there was a legal way to get rid of him.

pjciii

I am glad you are out of jail. What charge did Barney Fife arrest you on. Was it a personal Property thing. Did they give you your gun back. I cant believe that they caught your thief and he was out quicker than you were or does it all boil down that you are an older white guy and part of every problem.

JonathanG2013

Eagle Eye, I am sorry that this happened to you. I am glad everything worked out for you. I can understand what you mean about not wanting to be behind bars again. I had something similar happen to me. I had an eye issue and I had to take eye drops for my eyes or go blind. They made my pupils dilated. I got pulled over for not having my lights one right when I pulled out of a restaurant. The arresting office said I have been doing this for over 20 years, and I know your own something. I even had the eye drops with me. He was like whatever and arrested me for dui drugs. The arrest and $5000 bond was not a fun experience. Luckily the GBI dropped the charges 3 months later when my drug test came back clean.

Glad you are back. God Bless

Duff

My goodness!! I’m certainly glad things worked out like they did EE!

jaydawg

Sorry for whatever happened eagle eye, glad you’re out…but the rest of the story is killin me…reckon we could get some details?….

Dub

Glad you out, safe and telling the story from this side of the grass.

Crazy times we are in.

Burglers getting a pass….yet you are jailed…..nuts !!

oldfella1962

Not to sound mean, but welcome to the club! Everyone I know has either been in the Jail Report or has a family member who has been in it. As for a bitter taste I long ago realized this important truth.....wait for it.....JAIL IS A RACKET! :mad:

Yes jail serves its intended purpose in some cases but in many cases the whole jail/judicial/legal system is a racket! Here is typical scenario that plays out every...single...day all across Georgia:

1) law abiding, tax paying citizen gets arrested for what will most likely end up being a big nothing burger. The jail knows this, lawyers (especially lawyers!) know this, the DA knows this, everyone knows this.

2) if your pockets or the pockets of your family & friends are deep enough you can get bonded out and at least get your thoughts together and handle your soon-to-be stressful & expensive business.

3) lawyers IMMEDIATELY reach out and touch you because everyone knows that if you don't hire a good lawyer it's game over for you. :( You are at this point BUYING YOUR INNOCENCE because if you don't spend the money, you will be found guilty.

4) you have to decide which will be least costly to you: losing work wages - and possibly your job - and having a permanent record - while you are doing time or ponying up the money and not going to jail/prison. Basically do you have more time than money to spare? Then get a public defender. You know what they call suspects who use a public defender? CONVICTS! :LOL:

5) fast forward to the DA deciding not to prosecute after your defense lawyer has racked up a lot of hours on your case - you are off the hook! But you don't get your lawyer money back, nor any lost wages even if you only spent a day or two in jail before getting bonded out.

6) every time somebody is arrested the process begins over again and the money begins changing hands. Once you are cuffed & stuffed it's a done deal. You are "in the system" and your pockets begin to empty. A lot of people need to get paid in this racket, and jails fill up quickly if you don't bond out (freeing up jail space) and lawyer up things become problematic.

7) the system knows that arresting non-violent average hard working people has nothing to do with public safety and everything with keeping the industry going.
They know hard-working people have access to money and because they want to keep working and making money they will spend whatever it takes to stay out of jail.

8) now the part that MAKES MY HEAD EXPLODE! :mad:Think about this:

It's the State of Georgia versus John Smith. "Innocent until proven guilty" means the State of Georgia has to prove its case against John Smith. Let's say John Smith is found innocent. The State of Georgia has LOST! It was Georgia making a claim that John Smith committed a crime, but they could not.....Georgia lost, John Smith won. So shouldn't John Smith be reimbursed by the State of Georgia for all Smiths lost wages, lawyer fees, car impoundment, etc etc etc?

So win or lose - no matter what - your pockets are now just as empty! Your reputation is just as ruined, in some cases.

Rant over - don't even get me started on the probation racket in Georgia!

oldfella1962

Eagle Eye, I am sorry that this happened to you. I am glad everything worked out for you. I can understand what you mean about not wanting to be behind bars again. I had something similar happen to me. I had an eye issue and I had to take eye drops for my eyes or go blind. They made my pupils dilated. I got pulled over for not having my lights one right when I pulled out of a restaurant. The arresting office said I have been doing this for over 20 years, and I know your own something. I even had the eye drops with me. He was like whatever and arrested me for dui drugs. The arrest and $5000 bond was not a fun experience. Luckily the GBI dropped the charges 3 months later when my drug test came back clean.

Glad you are back. God Bless

And the very minute your drug test came back clean the State of Georgia should cut you a check for every single dime you had to go out with concerning your arrest.

oldfella1962

Can you sue for false arrest?

:LOL: that depends - has he won the lottery so he can afford the legal fees? :LOL:
Lawyers would be tripping over themselves to rack up hours on such a long and expensive lawsuit that will most likely fail.

jmfauver

I don't get to tell ya'll this very often BUT TODAY I AM BLESSED TO BE AMONG LOTS OF GON FRIENDS and ya'll have helped me to cope with life events several times and especially my most recent happening that unfortunately changed my world like never before. Recently, I was somewhat MIA for a while here and unfortunately, there was an absurd reason for it.

It did involved a burglar, a 40 caliber Glock, and a cop supervisor that should have been named "Barney Fife" ....but that would be a case of "smearing" Barney's name as such !!! :pop:

Let's just say that I never liked to see the front side of jail bars....but I recently, I quickly realized that I surely didn't like to see the backside of these bars either...all because of one over-zealous officer.

The sounds of that cell door being closed was one of the worst experiences that I have ever had to deal with and thankfully, my Daughter and SIL were able to bond me out (with CASH only) late the next day. It was an experience that I never want to go through again.

Thankfully I got some really good news yesterday, as my attorney was finally able to get all of these "bogus" charges completely dropped and any information of it should be expunged from the official record because there was NO valid case to begin with. Now thankfully, I won't be in front of a judge tomorrow morning at 8:30 AM instead.

Now over $7000 later including attorney and bonding costs etc, I am ready to celebrate today with my dear lady friend along with several of our friends as well for lunch. We are going to have a special lunch together today and being surrounded by friends will surely be a blessing for me right now. :cheers:

All of this is a shame as I have tried to always do my part and "give back and do what is right" during my entire life. However, this happening surely leaves a somewhat sour taste in my mouth against an obviously broken system allows the property owner to be jailed for protecting their property as the REAL criminal ultimately gets away.

I would like to say that this experience has made me even a better person BUT right now, that would NOT be truthful. It has left a very bitter taste in my mouth especially based on what it has already cost me and to know that the REAL criminal walked/ran away and is still roaming around to strike some unsuspecting resident again. I can only hope that I can continue to have a decent life health-wise and share it with friends such as all of you.

ps: I unfortunately became a participate of the weekly "Jail Report" of which I had never heard about BUT they covered me with a half-page story as a result.

However, I didn't know this until I met my lady friend and also a bunch of our friends together for lunch and one of them had shared a copy of it with ALL of them. I dang nearly messed up my pants as I saw this Report for the first time ever. Apparently, the "Jail Report" is apparently sold each week at possibly EVERY gas station in the area.

At least they wrote a somewhat favorable story about the incident (including my mugshot) in their October 22-28, 2021 publication. They also stated that my neighbors corroborated my story because the subject also jumped their fence and ran right through their front yard where their 3 family members were standing at the time and they gave the officers a really good description of this culprit. The sad thing is the fact that I had to wait about a week after getting out of jail just for me to be able to get a copy of this Police Report.

You can request that the "Jail Report" update on an upcoming issue that your charges were dismissed, I believe you just have to contact them with the info or have your lawyer do it.....

oldfella1962

You can request that the "Jail Report" update on an upcoming issue that your charges were dismissed, I believe you just have to contact them with the info or have your lawyer do it.....

could be, but I doubt it. The reason is because there's already a disclaimer saying everyone arrested is a suspect at that point and innocent until proven guilty. My son had the DA drop the charges (after one of his arrests) and his record was expunged but he never thought about contacting them after the fact.

One thing I do regret is not getting a copy of my cat's mugshot. Yes, my cat: she bit my son years ago and I brought him to Fort Gordon and they said that by law every pet bite has to be reported to Animal Control. Not a big deal, but I couldn't remember where I put my proof of my cat's recent rabies vaccination. :oops: And of course this was a weekend so the vet office wasn't open.

So Animal Control had to put my cat in lockup for ten days at my expense. It didn't matter that my son didn't have rabies because the cat didn't have rabies, that's the law. But they take mugshots of the animals with a number on a placard below the animal just like they do when people are arrested. And the cat had a real terrified/confused look on her face. :LOL: