The GOOD, the BAD, and the UGLY....all because of me !!!!

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
This year due to a recent hospitalization, I didn't think that I could possibly go on my annual golfing vacation BUT thankfully, I finally felt much better and my Physician approved it and thought that I should still go and enjoy it with my dear friends.

Folks, I apparently have lost a lot of my memory capability since I caught this COVID Virus back last October. I have been blessed for most all of my life as I could remember most every detail of happenings over the past 50 plus years. This is especially true with being able to remember most all of the small details of my customer's requirements over all of these years as well. Now, I am struggling to remember basic details of various things, happenings that may have happened yesterday, last month, last year etc. Even so, my Physicians gave me their blessing to go have fun with my friends.

The latest happening was the fact that I went on my normal golfing vacation in Florida recently, and as usual, I always stay at certain hotel located only a 1/2 mile up the street from my OrangeLake Resort villa on the first night of my arrival in Florida. Then after checking out, I always go the 1/2 mile down and across the street and check-in on Saturday morning and stay for a week of golfing etc with my friends from Missouri, Kentucky etc. We have done that since 1988 when we first bought our places there. The good news is that we played golf Monday thru Thursday of last week and we had a fantastic time together. I even surprised myself by playing really well, even though, I had not played a single round of golf since last year's vacation.

However, this year, I did get a "not so welcome surprise" after the fact as I actually left one of my .40 caliber Glocks in my hotel room when I checked out on July 14th and then went and checked in at the resort just down the street on Saturday morning, the 15th. I didn't miss it until I actually arrived home late this past Saturday afternoon and I was putting all of my Glocks back where they belong at home. Even though, they had my cell-phone number on file at the hotel, they did not contact me during the following week of my vacation about them finding my weapon in my room etc.

Earlier today, I was still flustered somewhat as I was following up on various calls that I had not been able to answer during my vacation. Today, I took it upon myself to contact the Osceola County Sheriffs Department in that location. Imagine my surprise when I was advised that YES, they were holding one of my .40 caliber Glocks that was registered to me and apparently, I had unfortunately left it in my room upon my check-out back on Saturday morning July 15th. Even though the hotel had my phone number information on my registration, they did not contact me. I was advised today that the hotels are required to turn over any weapons as such directly to the Sheriff's Department so that the Sheriff's Office could handle this matter...as under NO circumstance could they be allowed to ship it via any mail or delivery service etc because the owner had to personally pick it up from the Sheriff's Department with the proper identification.

I will be leaving really early in the morning and heading back to Kissimmee, Florida and I hope to have all four of my Glocks back together again. This is surely a lesson for me to live and learn from.

I am surely NOT looking forward to driving along with 18 million other vehicles between Augusta and Kissimmee and back again!!!

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
Glad you are getting it back, yiu would think the sheriff's department would have at keast reached out though. Be safe on travel back and forth

Big7

The Oracle
This year due to a recent hospitalization, I didn't think that I could possibly go on my annual golfing vacation BUT thankfully, I finally felt much better and my Physician approved it and thought that I should still go and enjoy it with my dear friends.

Folks, I apparently have lost a lot of my memory capability since I caught this COVID Virus back last October. I have been blessed for most all of my life as I could remember most every detail of happenings over the past 50 plus years. This is especially true with being able to remember most all of the small details of my customer's requirements over all of these years as well. Now, I am struggling to remember basic details of various things, happenings that may have happened yesterday, last month, last year etc. Even so, my Physicians gave me their blessing to go have fun with my friends.

The latest happening was the fact that I went on my normal golfing vacation in Florida recently, and as usual, I always stay at certain hotel located only a 1/2 mile up the street from my OrangeLake Resort villa on the first night of my arrival in Florida. Then after checking out, I always go the 1/2 mile down and across the street and check-in on Saturday morning and stay for a week of golfing etc with my friends from Missouri, Kentucky etc. We have done that since 1988 when we first bought our places there. The good news is that we played golf Monday thru Thursday of last week and we had a fantastic time together. I even surprised myself by playing really well, even though, I had not played a single round of golf since last year's vacation.

However, this year, I did get a "not so welcome surprise" after the fact as I actually left one of my .40 caliber Glocks in my hotel room when I checked out on July 14th and then went and checked in at the resort just down the street on Saturday morning, the 15th. I didn't miss it until I actually arrived home late this past Saturday afternoon and I was putting all of my Glocks back where they belong at home. Even though, they had my cell-phone number on file at the hotel, they did not contact me during the following week of my vacation about them finding my weapon in my room etc.

Earlier today, I was still flustered somewhat as I was following up on various calls that I had not been able to answer during my vacation. Today, I took it upon myself to contact the Osceola County Sheriffs Department in that location. Imagine my surprise when I was advised that YES, they were holding one of my .40 caliber Glocks that was registered to me and apparently, I had unfortunately left it in my room upon my check-out back on Saturday morning July 15th. Even though the hotel had my phone number information on my registration, they did not contact me. I was advised today that the hotels are required to turn over any weapons as such directly to the Sheriff's Department so that the Sheriff's Office could handle this matter...as under NO circumstance could they be allowed to ship it via any mail or delivery service etc because the owner had to personally pick it up from the Sheriff's Department with the proper identification.

I will be leaving really early in the morning and heading back to Kissimmee, Florida and I hope to have all four of my Glocks back together again. This is surely a lesson for me to live and learn from.

I am surely NOT looking forward to driving along with 18 million other vehicles between Augusta and Kissimmee and back again!!!
Glad you had a good time with your buddies. I don't golf but I know folks that are as crazy about golf as I am about hunting and fishing.

If it makes you feel better, I "lost" a plain jane LCP and ain't found it yet. You know you have to many guns when you start losing them.
facepalm:

leroy

I wondered how that would work as i kept mine in room safe at jekyll, guess the hotel has a master code to get the room safes open? I forgot one years ago but remembered it before we left property, had to go back and get room keycard to retrieve, just told them i forgot something.

DannyW

If it makes you feel better, I "lost" a plain jane LCP and ain't found it yet. You know you have to many guns when you start losing them.
facepalm:
Don't lose hope! Several years ago I lost my LCP. Looked everywhere for it. Finally gave up after several months, figured it was gone for good.

A couple of years ago I was cleaning out a drawer and guess what I found at the back of the drawer underneath a bunch of clutter?

Apparently I stuck it in the drawer and it gradually moved to the back as things were added. Them little things can hide anywhere.

Lindseys Grandpa

I wondered how that would work as i kept mine in room safe at jekyll, guess the hotel has a master code to get the room safes open? I forgot one years ago but remembered it before we left property, had to go back and get room keycard to retrieve, just told them i forgot something.
They have to have a master code in case somebody locks safe before leaving I would think .

oldfella1962

I've made that Augusta to Kissimmee/Orlando many times - you have my condolences! :(

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
AN UPDATE OF SORTS.

The good news is that I left home really early Tuesday morning and must have seen a "Zillion" vehicles between Augusta and Kissimmee, Florida and then back to Augusta. This was by far, the heaviest traffic that I have ever encountered while traveling in the lower half of Georgia and also a large portion of Florida. Thankfully, the Osceola County Sheriff's Department personnel were really nice as they had no problem in determining that I was the legal owner and it surely looked great once it was back in my possession again. Thankfully, it still looks brand new as it has less than 30 rounds fired in it so far. They were kind enough to return all of the ammunition that was remaining in the magazine as well.

It was a long day for sure but I made it home safely at about 2 AM yesterday morning and my rear-end is still dragging after driving a total of 926 miles on this trip. My old bones are hurting today as I also had to deliver a heavy-weight shipment early this morning so most every part of my body is tired and aching today.

This particular Glock is one of my newest ones and I have only fired it a few times so far. I feel like a kid at Christmas time as I am surely glad to have it back home again.

Tomorrow is going to be a day of rest for me as I am planning to spend most all day with my lady friend.