The Holy Ghost

BanjoPicker

The divine personal acts of the Holy Spirit, which require real bodily actions prove that He has a body. The Spirit has been the direct power of operation and the agent of God in creating all things, directing gospel work, revealing and inspiring Scriptures, and many other works of God. Since we read that it was by God's finger's hand's and other bodily parts that He did all these things, Then, if the Spirit was the direct agent in doing them it proves that He has finger's hand's and bodily parts .

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
When you think of spirit -

1. Do you think of spirit as in scripture - no flesh and bones (no interpretation needed), simply says no flesh and bones.

2. Do you ever think when scripture says God manifest in the fiesh.,,…disproves your statement that “it proves that He has finger”s hands and bodily parts” - the spirit? And, it’s really God and not a separate entity? Maybe they are one is not simply because they are one just in spirit?

What is the source of your “it proves” comments?

Last edited:

gordon 2

"The divine personal acts of the Holy Spirit, which require real bodily actions prove that He has a body."

If the divine personal acts of the Holy Spirit require real bodily actions Mary never birthed Jesus still a virgin and so all of Christianity and its New Testament is bonkers or Old Testament prophecy is sterile. And so we might as well from ourselves pick a prophet or two and hope for the best.

Last edited:

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
"The divine personal acts of the Holy Spirit, which require real bodily actions prove that He has a body."

If the divine personal acts of the Holy Spirit require real bodily actions Mary never birthed Jesus still a virgin and so all of Christianity and its New Testament is bonkers or Old Testament prophecy is sterile. And so we might as well from ourselves pick a prophet or two and hope for the best.

IMG_4194.jpeg

BanjoPicker

The Holy Spirit is spoken of as being associated with the Father and the Son in all their work and as being associated with men on Earth as their General Overseer, directing them in gospel work, as to what to preach, where to preach, and where not to preach 2 Cor. 13:14; Acts 10:19; 13:2; 15:28; 16:6, 7; 20:28; 2 Pet. 2:21. Such association as a member of the Godhead and as the Overseer of men proves His personality as well as the fact that He has a body with bodily parts, soul passions, and spirit faculties through which He carries on His work. How could any person do this work without a body, soul, and spirit?

gordon 2

The Holy Spirit is spoken of as being associated with the Father and the Son in all their work and as being associated with men on Earth as their General Overseer, directing them in gospel work, as to what to preach, where to preach, and where not to preach 2 Cor. 13:14; Acts 10:19; 13:2; 15:28; 16:6, 7; 20:28; 2 Pet. 2:21. Such association as a member of the Godhead and as the Overseer of men proves His personality as well as the fact that He has a body with bodily parts, soul passions, and spirit faculties through which He carries on His work. How could any person do this work without a body, soul, and spirit?

????

How can man be in the Spirit? " I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,..."

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Naturally - we as man need a body.

The rest is cantywampus now. You said the spirit, father, and son are separate entities. You said the spirit is the overseer of men directing the Gospel. You’ve said Jesus was the head of the church.

Gordon pointed out the fact that Mary can’t have a virgin birth if a physical body was required for the spirit.

Now the spirit is dependent on flesh in order to work?

Calgon………….

Peace lol I’m feeding hogs.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Yeah I can't see the Holy Spirit having a body.

Can the Holy Spirit enter a live human body?
In Acts - they were filled with the spirit.

Edited: which brings up more questions if the spirit has it's own body……

Last edited:

gordon 2

You might want to check this out.

It is very close to what you list except for the body parts,....

BanjoPicker

The divine offices of the Holy Spirit prove Him to be real person with a body. How could He be executive of God in creation and redemption and be different from God in body, soul, and spirit? How could He be chief witness for God in the Earth and not be a separate witness from God the Father? How could He do the other things that it is His duty to do if He were not as real as the Father and Son, and if He did not have a separate body from theirs?

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Think about what a spirit is……….

Also - all power on earth and in heaven is given to Jesus……the right hand all throughout the Bible signifies power and authority.

If Jesus isn’t God in the fiesh then scripture is putting Jesus as having power over God……in heaven and on earth.

“How can He”……because He isn’t limited to your parameters.

BanjoPicker

The treatment that is ascribed to Him proves Him to be a real person with a spirit-body. How could He be grieved, resisted, lied to, tempted, vexed, and otherwise mistreated if He does not have a real personal body, soul, and spirit?
The fact that there are so many distinctions between the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit proves they are three separate persons, so they all have bodies, souls, and spirits or they could not be the same in nature, power, and substance.

BanjoPicker

The fact that He has been seen with the natural eyes as a separate person from the Father and the Son proves that He has power to manifest Himself visibly as a separate person from the other two.

The fact that He is subordinated to the Father and the Son and has been sent and is capable of being sent from them proves He is a separate and a real person like they are Jn. 14:26; 15:26. He is a person sent from God Just as Christ was sent Jn. 6:29; 8:29, 42. Only persons can be sent on missions from each other. If Jesus was a real person with a body, the Holy Spirit must also be, for both were sent in the same way on special missions.

Artfuldodger

The fact that He has been seen with the natural eyes as a separate person from the Father and the Son proves that He has power to manifest Himself visibly as a separate person from the other two.

The fact that He is subordinated to the Father and the Son and has been sent and is capable of being sent from them proves He is a separate and a real person like they are Jn. 14:26; 15:26. He is a person sent from God Just as Christ was sent Jn. 6:29; 8:29, 42. Only persons can be sent on missions from each other. If Jesus was a real person with a body, the Holy Spirit must also be, for both were sent in the same way on special missions.
I agree with all this except your last part. Jesus was sent as a human, and the Holy Spirit was not.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
If the spirit has to have a body to work then its function as a spiritual manifestation of God is limited to a body function making it irrelevant to be a spiritual function.

If it requires a body and they are in fact 3 separate persons……….who’s the daddy of Jesus - Father or Holy Ghost? How’s Mary a virgin in either case if a body is required to do the work of God? How can the Father even be the father of Jesus when f He’s not a manifestation of God just like the spirit because scripture says……..conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost? You make those manifestations of God separate persons and you got a Jerry Springer show and Jesus is illegitimate because He could not have a flesh daddy because He was to be sinless. Again without controversy……..a spirit has no flesh and bones………God is a spirit.

Without controversy………without assumption, without debate, without foreign interpretations………..scripture is clear - God manifest Himself…… you have to assume too much to conclude to 3 separate…….

Don’t lean on your own understanding.,

Last edited:

gordon 2

I don't want to be dumb, yet this might be just that. Here hold my beer.

Why would God need to embark on missions like we understand missions applied to man which is bound, unlike God, by time and space.

The real presence of God is an obstacle to many in the faith. I hope it is not made a point from which to weed out ----what cannot be put to rest.

We are lucky that we can poke our loving God as if on a spit by which He will not turn it against us.

Last edited:

BanjoPicker

He is distinguished from mere power in many passages Acts 10:38; Rom. 15:13, 19; 1 Cor. 2:4; Lk. 1:35; 4:14; 1 Cor. 12:4-11. Power is an attribute exercised by a person and manifested by bodily faculties. The Spirit must be a person with a body in order for all things spoken of Him to be true.

There is no statement in Scripture that says He does not have a body, so any teaching to the contrary is man's theory and is not worth a thing. On the contrary, all Scriptures speak of Him as being God and as having the same attributes and powers, and as being the same as the Father in essence. In the circumstances it is naturally left up to use to believe the only thing that is logical to believe in view of the revelation of God in Scripture. The Bible is very clear that there are three separate and distinct persons in the Godhead and just because each one is not singled out in particular with a complete duplicate description of each of them, there is no reason to believe that only one has a body, soul, and spirit, and the other two do not have. Any other conclusion would be unreasonable and out of harmony with Scripture. we would not accept any other illogical conclusion in connection with facts not connected with God, so why be so lacking in reason and intelligence just because the subject is the Godhead?

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Banjo…..

Your statement - “There is no statement in Scripture that says He does not have a body,”

Without assuming like below …….what scripture states the spirit has a body? Keep in mind, you said they are 3 separate persons with separate bodies and souls. Show just one scripture that says the spirit has a body and soul - not man’s theory, just scripture. Physical body as you’ve described.

Your theory - “The Spirit must be a person with a body in order for all things spoken of Him to be true.”

To start it off - “Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.”

“God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.”

Are those true Spirit or false?

Last edited:

gordon 2

Doctor Google:

The Anointing is the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit in the life of a believer. It enables the believer to understand, apply, and administer spiritual truth. Simply put, the presence of The Anointing enables believers to have a spiritual connection.

Acts 10:38 (tpt)

The Passion Translation (TPT)“Jesus of Nazareth was anointed by God with the Holy Spirit and with great power. He did wonderful things for others and divinely healed all who were under the tyranny of the devil, for God had anointed him.

Acts 10:38 (kjv)

38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Proverbs 3:5-6 ( kjv)​

5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
-----------------

Why is it that scripture reads to trust in the Lord with all thine heart as opposed to all of scripture? Why does it not say trust in the Lord with all of scripture because scripture interprets itself? Why it could be argued that those who could not believe back in Jesus' ministry days to the Jews, they trusted in scripture too exclusively? From it they could gather stones to discipline one another as in the stoning of sinners in their society.

Meaning to do good are we yet blinded to this way perhaps--- God is who He is because the bible tells me so? The prophets say this and that, we follow them?

Is it possible to interpret scripture with an as yet unchanged heart or not sufficiently changed and so like Nicodemus ask "How is it that a man can be born again." and yet know to reach towards all of scripture, chapters and verses, to prove that the nature of the God we know for being ------------( fill in the blank) is smart?

"I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh." ( Ever wonder where the word stoned comes from meaning that thinking and perception is altered by the input of some mind altering substance? And note the word alter in this text?)

I'm thinking Paul had this new spirit for being knocked down from his perch, of understanding God one way when he was up it and another way when he came down and to another way.

Last edited: