The Holy Ghost

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Doctor Google:

The Anointing is the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit in the life of a believer. It enables the believer to understand, apply, and administer spiritual truth. Simply put, the presence of The Anointing enables believers to have a spiritual connection.

Acts 10:38 (tpt)

The Passion Translation (TPT)“Jesus of Nazareth was anointed by God with the Holy Spirit and with great power. He did wonderful things for others and divinely healed all who were under the tyranny of the devil, for God had anointed him.

Acts 10:38 (kjv)

38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Proverbs 3:5-6 ( kjv)​

5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
-----------------

Why is it that scripture reads to trust in the Lord with all thine heart as opposed to all of scripture? Why does it not say trust in the Lord with all of scripture because scripture interprets itself?

Meaning to do good are we yet blinded to this way perhaps--- God is who He is because the bible tells me so? The prophets say this and that, we follow them?

Is it possible to interpret scripture with an as yet unchanged heart or not sufficiently changed and so like Nicodemus ask "How is it that a man can be born again." and yet know to reach towards all of scripture, chapters and verses, to prove that the nature of the God we know for being ------------( fill in the blank) is smart?

"I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh." ( Ever wonder where the word stoned comes from meaning that thinking and perception is altered by the input of some mind altering substance? And note the word alter in this text?)

I'm thinking Paul had this new spirit for being knocked down from his perch, of understanding God one way when he was up it and another way when he came down and to another way.
It’s one thing to lean towards God for understanding, scripture says the Holy Ghost will guide us.

It’s another to take scripture describing the Holy Ghost…..being filled….full of……and even Jesus being anointed……. and place a separate body as we have on a spirit.

gordon 2

It’s one thing to lean towards God for understanding, scripture says the Holy Ghost will guide us.

It’s another to take scripture describing the Holy Ghost…..being filled….full of……and even Jesus being anointed……. and place a separate body as we have on a spirit.
I know. I don't think Paul would stand for it and many other first century Christians.

BanjoPicker

Banjo…..

Your statement - “There is no statement in Scripture that says He does not have a body,”

Without assuming like below …….what scripture states the spirit has a body? Keep in mind, you said they are 3 separate persons with separate bodies and souls. Show just one scripture that says the spirit has a body and soul - not man’s theory, just scripture. Physical body as you’ve described.

Your theory - “The Spirit must be a person with a body in order for all things spoken of Him to be true.”

To start it off - “Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.”

“God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.”

Are those true Spirit or false?
No disrespect but you need to learn how to read nowhere did I ever say God had a physical body as you said if you can not understand that God said he made man in his own image which is pretty plain as your body is made so he would have to have a body if not what image did you come from I didn’t say God or Jesus after death or the Holy Ghost had a physical body God didn’t make me stupid people go to all extremes to justify their self to disprove Gods word, instead of accepting the truth as was when Jesus walked on this Earth it condemned them that didn’t believe, they do all three have bodies you believe what you want I have no problem with your belief that will be between you and God when you stand before him after death God requires me to tell the truth.

BanjoPicker

I know. I don't think Paul would stand for it and many other first century Christians.
Have you ever received the Holy Ghost if so what was it like? What kind of experience did you have not a measure as all men have but the fullness of it.

Last edited:

gordon 2

"Have you ever received the Holy Ghost if so what was it like? What kind of experience did you have not a measure as all men have but the fullness of it."

My problem is that I could not let the fullness occupy me for more than seven days. Or at least it did not last more than seven days as it was meant to be for me.

I don't think that psychologically and in the end physically I could have been fit to live with others in society and function as is normal member of society. ( It was perhaps akin to the warning or ancient idea that if one is to "see" all of God one could not live a normal life span.)

The Holy Ghost ministered to me, as he has to many others but not in the same way, what I am convinced that is the truth ( God's truth) that we Christians are to believe in and place our trust in and faith in.

It has since been validated that I have probably with high degree made a correct assessment of my receiving from the Holy Ghost a grace that not only changed my life and my relationship with God, but which is really not uncommon as one would think and which makes scripture come alive like it could not prior.

What was it like? And what did I learn? It was the intense emotional experience of love that lasted exactly 7 days to the near minute or possibly the exact minute. It occurred some 37 yrs ago. It was of a love so intense that subjects were pulled in for it outside of my will.

For example, without my purposely focusing on people that were in my heart some my enemies I had no choice but to love them. Note I had no choice where love made me go. The Holy Spirit was a teacher to me for seven days, exactly seven days, and then the lesson was finished.

I learned more in those seven days than 33 yrs on this earth as someone who took, studied and practiced our faith seriously. I have never learned anything greater than what was witness to me since those seven days. As a matter of fact everything pales in comparison.

Note that I had not asked for anything, nor could I have known to ask then of such an experience from the Holy Spirit. Simply my heart was changed, but the effect was not simple then and since. All of life was changed. All of scripture was changed. Fellowship was changed. I had for it brothers and sisters genuine who might have been in my old life strangers to guard from. If the Good Samaritan was made to bat 400 due practice, I was able to bat 400 for a seven day surgery via God's heart pump. God was present to me now in the church assembly's worship and in the very building seven days a week!

Ah! The fullness of it, the love of Christ, more than seven days I probably would have collapsed unable to witness or perhaps would have perished from life in this world.

What was it like? It was like standing on the foundation God himself stands on and to be there with other saints. It was a new confidence to speak from a place that gave a common voice that the saints share in their hearts or might I say from their uniquely shared kingdom.

It is not something to boast about as some might boast. It is humbling to live as I since live-- yet for knowing the love I have been shown I am confident in the love of the Lord in our Lord Jesus Christ---which is the purpose and the witness of the Holy Spirit for us.

And there is much more, but these things man will seek them and listen for them not needing them as the Lord counts individual needs and they will exhaust the faith lives of some.

So I feel safe now to say that what has served me more towards a genuine love towards God and others, friends and enemies, was seven days with the Holy Spirit witnessing the love He knew and so God's love, the Father, and the love of our Lord Jesus-- which was given to the apostles and now which can be given down to us.

What was it like? Is more what is it like? What was, is and will ever be.

Now scripture is dear to me don't get me wrong. But scripture is not able to change my heart. My body and my soul are not perhaps so mated to it in this way of being changed and know intimately our Lord. Scripture does not motivate me to get up and fight like my heart does, and my heart is not only my own. As a matter of fact I don't fight for myself anymore. All for the fullness of the Holy Spirit that I was able to abide with and endured for more exactly but seven days. And before this I can nearly say I was blind and now I love, when I live, due the love heaven can minister to all who would climb up in a tree to see Jesus go by. You might know it but Jesus will invite himself into your life if only you go where the Holy Spirit rattles the roofs and none are afraid.

What was it like?

2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven--whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows.

And

For as the lightning comes from the east and shines as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

And

Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. · Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left ...

Simply it is not scripture that explains God or man, yet it is beneficial, it is God that explains scripture and man. The definitions of things are in His truth. And that truth is love. And that truth as it concerns Christians is in our Lord Jesus Christ as ministered by the Holy Spirit in a way that only God's promise to place in man a heart of flesh can occur. There are no other ways, not by scripture and not with the vanities of the human imaginations that would dress and undress God as if He was made lacking for our sinful nature to fit our bodies and souls with his gathering in loving kindness.

There is more... but sometimes less is best... :) Hope this answered your questions. If you have more ask.

Last edited:

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
No disrespect but you need to learn how to read nowhere did I ever say God had a physical body as you said if you can not understand that God said he made man in his own image which is pretty plain as your body is made so he would have to have a body if not what image did you come from I didn’t say God or Jesus after death or the Holy Ghost had a physical body God didn’t make me stupid people go to all extremes to justify their self to disprove Gods word, instead of accepting the truth as was when Jesus walked on this Earth it condemned them that didn’t believe, they do all three have bodies you believe what you want I have no problem with your belief that will be between you and God when you stand before him after death God requires me to tell the truth.
Your comparison many times to “fingers, hands, body parts, etc” as we have?

It’s not that there’s a problem with anyone’s belief, that’s irrelevant - this is supposed to be a discussion on the differences in our beliefs.

I’ll bow out :cheers:

BanjoPicker

"Have you ever received the Holy Ghost if so what was it like? What kind of experience did you have not a measure as all men have but the fullness of it."

My problem is that I could not let the fullness occupy me for more than seven days. Or at least it did not last more than seven days as it was meant to be for me.

I don't think that psychologically and in the end physically I could have been fit to live with others in society and function as is normal member of society. ( It was perhaps akin to the warning or ancient idea that if one is to "see" all of God one could not live a normal life span.)

The Holy Ghost ministered to me, as he has to many others but not in the same way, what I am convinced that is the truth ( God's truth) that we Christians are to believe in and place our trust in and faith in.

It has since been validated that I have probably with high degree made a correct assessment of my receiving from the Holy Ghost a grace that not only changed my life and my relationship with God, but which is really not uncommon as one would think and which makes scripture come alive like it could not prior.

What was it like? And what did I learn? It was the intense emotional experience of love that lasted exactly 7 days to the near minute or possibly the exact minute. It occurred some 37 yrs ago. It was of a love so intense that subjects were pulled in for it outside of my will.

For example, without my purposely focusing on people that were in my heart some my enemies I had no choice but to love them. Note I had no choice where love made me go. The Holy Spirit was a teacher to me for seven days, exactly seven days, and then the lesson was finished.

I learned more in those seven days than 33 yrs on this earth as someone who took, studied and practiced our faith seriously. I have never learned anything greater than what was witness to me since those seven days. As a matter of fact everything pales in comparison.

Note that I had not asked for anything, nor could I have known to ask then of such an experience from the Holy Spirit. Simply my heart was changed, but the effect was not simple then and since. All of life was changed. All of scripture was changed. Fellowship was changed. I had for it brothers and sisters genuine who might have been in my old life strangers to guard from. If the Good Samaritan was made to bat 400 due practice, I was able to bat 400 for a seven day surgery via God's heart pump. God was present to me now in the church assembly's worship and in the very building seven days a week!

Ah! The fullness of it, the love of Christ, more than seven days I probably would have collapsed unable to witness or perhaps would have perished from life in this world.

What was it like? It was like standing on the foundation God himself stands on and to be there with other saints. It was a new confidence to speak from a place that gave a common voice that the saints share in their hearts or might I say from their uniquely shared kingdom.

It is not something to boast about as some might boast. It is humbling to live as I since live-- yet for knowing the love I have been shown I am confident in the love of the Lord in our Lord Jesus Christ---which is the purpose and the witness of the Holy Spirit for us.

And there is much more, but these things man will seek them and listen for them not needing them as the Lord counts individual needs and they will exhaust the faith lives of some.

So I feel safe now to say that what has served me more towards a genuine love towards God and others, friends and enemies, was seven days with the Holy Spirit witnessing the love He knew and so God's love, the Father, and the love of our Lord Jesus-- which was given to the apostles and now which can be given down to us.

What was it like? Is more what is it like? What was, is and will ever be.

Now scripture is dear to me don't get me wrong. But scripture is not able to change my heart. My body and my soul are not perhaps so mated to it in this way of being changed and know intimately our Lord. Scripture does not motivate me to get up and fight like my heart does, and my heart is not only my own. As a matter of fact I don't fight for myself anymore. All for the fullness of the Holy Spirit that I was able to abide with and endured for more exactly but seven days. And before this I can nearly say I was blind and now I love, when I live, due the love heaven can minister to all who would climb up in a tree to see Jesus go by. You might know it but Jesus will invite himself into your life if only you go where the Holy Spirit rattles the roofs and none are afraid.

What was it like?

2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven--whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows.

And

For as the lightning comes from the east and shines as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

And

Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. · Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left ...

Simply it is not scripture that explains God or man, yet it is beneficial, it is God that explains scripture and man. The definitions of things are in His truth. And that truth is love. And that truth as it concerns Christians is in our Lord Jesus Christ as ministered by the Holy Spirit in a way that only God's promise to place in man a heart of flesh can occur. There are no other ways, not by scripture and not with the vanities of the human imaginations that would dress and undress God as if He was made lacking for our sinful nature to fit our bodies and souls with his gathering in loving kindness.

There is more... but sometimes less is best... :) Hope this answered your questions. If you have more ask.
You answered it God bless.

BanjoPicker

Your comparison many times to “fingers, hands, body parts, etc” as we have?

It’s not that there’s a problem with anyone’s belief, that’s irrelevant - this is supposed to be a discussion on the differences in our beliefs.

I’ll bow out :cheers:
Yes God does but not flesh and bone and I never said they were.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Yes God does but not flesh and bone and I never said they were.
No disrespect but you need to learn how to read nowhere did I ever say God had a physical body as you said if you can not understand that God said he made man in his own image which is pretty plain as your body is made so he would have to have a body if not what image did you come from I didn’t say God or Jesus after death or the Holy Ghost had a physical body
So, to make sure who we are talking about…..God or the Holy Spirit……if you’d back up to your post, 58, that my comment was referring to……..it was aimed at your statement of - “The Spirit must be a person with a body in order for all things spoken of Him to be true” and “There is no statement in Scripture that says He does not have a body”……….we are talking Spirit….

“The divine personal acts of the Holy Spirit, which require real bodily actions prove that He has a body. The Spirit has been the direct power of operation and the agent of God in creating all things, directing gospel work, revealing and inspiring Scriptures, and many other works of God. Since we read that it was by God's finger's hand's and other bodily parts that He did all these things, Then, if the Spirit was the direct agent in doing them it proves that He has finger's hand's and bodily parts”

Scripture says a spirit has no flesh and bones. Can you elaborate and tell us why scripture is wrong?

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
"The divine personal acts of the Holy Spirit, which require real bodily actions prove that He has a body."

If the divine personal acts of the Holy Spirit require real bodily actions Mary never birthed Jesus still a virgin and so all of Christianity and its New Testament is bonkers or Old Testament prophecy is sterile. And so we might as well from ourselves pick a prophet or two and hope for the best.
Yeah, well there's that trivial matter.:rolleyes: Lot of back and forth here about something we don't understand, but apparently some way, some how God found a way to work around our dogmatic views. I wonder how he does that. Who keeps letting him out of their shoe box?

On a side note, if the Holy Spirit does have a body and lives inside me that's good news- explains my weight gain.

Last edited:

gordon 2

Yeah, well there's that trivial matter.:rolleyes: Lot of back and forth here about something we don't understand, but apparently some way, some how God found a way to work around our dogmatic views. I wonder how he does that. Who keeps letting him out of their shoe box?

On a side note, if the Holy Spirit does have a body and lives inside me that's good news- explains my weight gain.
Sometimes it occurred to David it was time to play his luth so the make his insides dance.

Last edited:

BanjoPicker

The only difficulty in the way of believing that God has a body is that thinking that spirits are unreal, and that they do not have bodies, souls, and spirits. Men have had a vague conception of what a spirit is like, but we have already seen in that all spirit-beings have real spirit-bodies, souls, and spirits. Even the soul and spirit of a man and the disembodied spirits called demons are real and of a spiritual substance and can wear clothes, talk, walk, see, hear, think, choose, and have feelings, passions, and desires.

BanjoPicker

So, to make sure who we are talking about…..God or the Holy Spirit……if you’d back up to your post, 58, that my comment was referring to……..it was aimed at your statement of - “The Spirit must be a person with a body in order for all things spoken of Him to be true” and “There is no statement in Scripture that says He does not have a body”……….we are talking Spirit….

“The divine personal acts of the Holy Spirit, which require real bodily actions prove that He has a body. The Spirit has been the direct power of operation and the agent of God in creating all things, directing gospel work, revealing and inspiring Scriptures, and many other works of God. Since we read that it was by God's finger's hand's and other bodily parts that He did all these things, Then, if the Spirit was the direct agent in doing them it proves that He has finger's hand's and bodily parts”

Scripture says a spirit has no flesh and bones. Can you elaborate and tell us why scripture is wrong?
Like I said that is between you and God, I know what the truth is as what I have posted and have no problem with it.

SemperFiDawg

The only difficulty in the way of believing that God has a body is that thinking that spirits are unreal,
uhhh no. I'm pretty sure one can believe spirits are real but don't have bodies. Those 2 concepts are NOT mutually inclusive. The bigger point is this has no bearing what-so-ever on being a Christian, a better Christian, or living a Christ-like life, which begs the question, "Why is it even relevant?"

BanjoPicker

We have seen that everything in the whole creation has a body or a shape. There are heavenly and earthly bodies, and spiritual and material bodies. The spiritual bodies are just as real as the material ones, so it is not hard to conceive that the Holy Ghost has a spirit-body like the Father still has, and like the Son did have before He became a man and took a human body. No man knowns of any such thing formless spirit-beings, so why not try to understand God by something that is not known? Why not understand Him by what is "clearly seen" and known, as Paul taught in Rom. 1:20? Then we will understand God.

SemperFiDawg

We have seen that everything in the whole creation has a body or a shape.
Uhhh. No we haven't. Not even everything in the physical world has a shape, much less body. What is the shape of light, heat, gravity, or time? When you can answer those easy ones then show me the shape of love, mercy, grace, fear, pain, and peace to name just a few.

As much as you strive to attempt to cloth the wind (and again I have no idea to what end) maybe it would be wise to consider the possibility the known non-physical is even more of a testimony of his Holy Sovereignty than the known physical. Isn't that enough?

There comes a point when you can deconstruct anything under the guise of understanding that it loses it's wonder. I think it was Robert Frost who said something akin to, "Before you tear down a fence, it may be a good idea to know why it was built in the first place."
Supposing you could actually tear down this fence, what would it accomplish that could be described as anything other than personal satisfaction?

Am I a better Christian for how much I understand or for how much I strive to apply what I do understand. Hint: It's not what I don't understand that scares me. It's what I do understand that makes me fear The Lord. I'm pretty sure that defines almost the entirety of this forum.

brutally honest

We have seen that everything in the whole creation has a body or a shape. There are heavenly and earthly bodies, and spiritual and material bodies. The spiritual bodies are just as real as the material ones, so it is not hard to conceive that the Holy Ghost has a spirit-body like the Father still has, and like the Son did have before He became a man and took a human body. No man knowns of any such thing formless spirit-beings, so why not try to understand God by something that is not known? Why not understand Him by what is "clearly seen" and known, as Paul taught in Rom. 1:20? Then we will understand God.

“We’re getting into a whole, weird area here.”

— Tom Servo, MST3K

Latest posts