The "MAN" showed up this morning!

Glenn

Went to a local WMA this morning here in North Central Florida and hunted some fresh scrapes and a good trail I had found yesterday afternoon.

I had to hunt the area from a ground blind do to the pines being to small to climb. So I built a blind yesterday in a clump of Palmettos and it was perfect.

Got there this morning and everything was great, including the cool temps, and even though the wind was not perfect I went ahead and stayed in the blind.

Well about 7:30 am I heard a twig snap behind me and to my left. I was expecting the deer to cross in front of me and not come from that way.

I soon caught movement out of the corner of my eye and there stood a huge buck at less than 10 yards!

I tried not to move or blink and the buck started moving towards the front of my blind and into my shooting lane. But about the same time I thought of it he did a 180 and took off from the way he came.

HE WINDED ME!

But he was a monster and is the biggest buck I have seen on a Florida WMA.Needless to say I will be back tommorow and I have a new game plan. Hopefully I can put some cedar and steel behind his shoulder soon.

But if not he gave my heart a good run for the money. I was shaking when I first saw him cause he was so close. Just a magnificent animal!:cool:

WildmanSC

Glenn,

My heart is racing just from reading about your encounter with the "MAN". Congratulations and the best of luck in setting up for him tomorrow. I hope you get him.

Bill

FX Jenkins

Good story...I'll be hoping for such an encounter tomorrow morn..

PAPALAPIN

MACONDUCKS

I know it is tempting, but consider this.

You have to get a lot closer with a light saber than you do with a bow. :banginghe

Next time, take the shot, just use the force. :banana:

FX Jenkins

MACONDUCKS

I know it is tempting, but consider this.

You have to get a lot closer with a light saber than you do with a bow. :banginghe

Next time, take the shot, just use the force. :banana:

:rofl: right galaxy...wrong starsystem

Glenn

Well no "MAN" showed up this morning. Just about 10 turkeys, which are legal game in Florida during archery, and they were all Jakes and a couple mature longbeards. But they were in a hurry and would not stop long enough for a shot.

I won't be able to go Sunday and will have to wait for next Wednesday to go back after him.