The Marines are coming!

horsecreek

captain,
I was just thinking the same thing. there 're HOT!!!

Grest gesture spring....
should be a hoot.

spring

At the moment I'm thinking about inviting the Marines to spend the night at my farm the night before. I understand they have access to all kinds of camping and recreational equipment (including campers) for use during their free time. That would certainly make it easier to talk to them about the safety and hunting issues I think they'll need them to know about. They could also shoot a bit the day before if they are not familiar with the gun they would be using. I've heard there are guns in their armory that I understand can be checked out; I don't know what kind they would be, but hopefully bigger than their standard .223. If they don't have what they need, I'll get them guns that will be ready for the hunt.
It was interesting that when I was talking to the Colonel this week he made it clear that he loves hunting, too. I'm not sure if he was trying to hint that he wanted to come along or not. They rotate the CO at the base every two years; some years they have a General and others having just a Colonel. I'm not sure which it is right now. Most of the time the General they have on base has been in our Rotary Club, but we don't have anyone active from there at the moment. I don't know if the CO will be coming or not, and I certainly wouldn't mind it, but quite honestly, helping the enlisted guys would be my priority. No doubt we could all have a good time the night before, and to avoid whatever fraternization issues the Marines have, I could let any officers stay inside with me. I really don't know the protocol on all of this.
However it works out I think it should be a fun time for the Marines. The Corps has been a great part of our community for a long time and I'm excited about a chance to give some back, if only just this little bit.

RatherBHuntin

If he was talking about them taking weapons out of the armory he would have been referring to their own weapons that they have to store in there, cant have em in their rooms. They wont be able to take GI weapons out, not legally anyways.