*The Official 2nd Annual Mini-Me Classic Re-Port*

olcaptain

Hey T3D, thank you for the frog goodies! I love ...uhh...err...my son loves them!

As far as Max and the Sultan goes, oh yeah, Max was all up in that. Of course.....that little bit of slim jim jerky that Sultan had in his pocket might have had something to do with it. I'm just sayin...:huh: :bounce:

Sultan may have Max ruined. He now wants Slim Jims instead of Honey Buns!!!!

Chris S.

Thanks Cletus and Jamie for your selfless generosity and putting your valuable time into seeing others and their children come together for a fun and memorable event. This, I'm sure has such a solid impact on children and parents and their impression of family,outdoor recreation and fellowship with others.....we had a 3'rd birthday to attend and regretfully missed out but I enjoyed reading about it and am glad to see it went off as planned and was a good time for all.

Thanks again Cletus/Jamie and everyone else who had their hands in it and you too Money man for meeting up with me and helping out as you did.

p.s....The pendant Charms were handmade sterling placards with a 14 kt. hook inlay........the weren't completely 14 kt.......here you go:

Attachments

• DSC01624.JPG
    DSC01624.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 585
  • DSC01636.JPG
    DSC01636.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 569

Sultan of Slime

Thanks Cletus and Jamie for your selfless generosity and putting your valuable time into seeing others and their children come together for a fun and memorable event. This, I'm sure has such a solid impact on children and parents and their impression of family,outdoor recreation and fellowship with others.....we had a 3'rd birthday to attend and regretfully missed out but I enjoyed reading about it and am glad to see it went off as planned and was a good time for all.

p.s....The pendant Charms were handmade sterling placards with a 14 kt. hook inlay........the weren't completely 14 kt.

I saw those when MoneyMan stepped out of the armored truck and handed them to Jamie while the armed gaurds stood by in case anything went down!:cool:

Cletus T.

Chris S……its people like you that made this event what it was. People giving out of the kindness of their hearts because they WANT to…..not because they HAVE to. I’m sorry I didn’t describe the hardware like I should have but with you attaching the pictures of it really give people an idea of what you did!

Thank you so very much Chris!!!!!

Gut_Pile

Looks like an awesome time Cletus! It's awesome that people can give so much. Congrats to everyone who plaid a part!

jsimages

cletus t and everyone involved in the mini me classic may god bless you all. what you done sat was heaven sent in more ways than you will ever know. i truely wanted to be a part of it but my job wouldnt allow it, anyway i wanna say thanks for the awsome report and pics from the event. thanks again for everyones help with this event. those kids learned more than fishing that day im sure, the good lord was working at fort yargo sat i can promise you that. cletus your a angel and god bless you for putting this together.

Chris S.

Just out of curiosity................who was it in the pic that decided it was time to go swimmin'?That water is still cold man.:hair:

spotchasser

Had a blast Cletus! I am glad I could help out in my small little way that I did. It was all worth it watching all the kids having fun and the parents trying to keep up.

LeverAction

Banned
A Few More Memories

Thanks to all. It was truly a blessing and a memory this father will not forget. I hope to be able to fish with some of you and your Mini-Me in the future. It was great meeting all of you in person.

Thank you Cletus for your vision and passion - Cletus and Hunter Jack on the water

GON DSCF0282.jpg

Thanks to Shadow Brook Baptist and the message Wes shared with all us fathers. The backpacks were a hit:

GON DSCF0341.jpg
GON DSCF0368.jpg

It was great meeting OlCaptain, Sultan, and Maximus:

GON DSCF0325.jpg

Ralph and Maximus became great friends and had a lot in common - begging in particular:

GON DSCF0358.jpg

Cletus ought to love this one - She went from Sad or Mad (I could not tell which and was afraid to ask):

GON DSCF0345.jpg

To Glad when she got some goodies:

GON DSCF0350.jpg

And finally, my son's first case of bass thumb!

DSCF0346.JPG

What a memory! May God richly bless each you and your families.

Mark (Leveraction)

ranger370

Cletus,,, A big thanks to you and Jaime for all the work you did and thanks for letting me be a part of the mini-me 2010. It was so much fun. Brings back memories when my son was younger. It was a real pleasure meeting everyone, the Captain, Sutan of Slime, Money Man, Brent and Matt. So many people so much fun and fellowship. Seems like whatever was needed someone jumped in there and helped out. All the way to Chris helping with the fire to Artie the DNR ranger getting more fire wood for the grill. Thanks again can't wait unti the next one. Oh yea tell Hunter Jack I saw him drip on my boat.

Joe_Atlanta

Thanks Joe Atlanta…..but brother it’s not all about me…..I had a TON of good help from a lot of good people to pull this thing off!
It was truly a team effort and we couldn’t be happier with the way it turned out!!!!
I'm sure that was the case and I don't mean to downplay other folks' contributions. However, in order to really get something done, you need someone with a vision, an ability to organize the work and the commitment to see it through. Without good leadership, a great event like this never happens.

thumbsup.jpg

JDAWG

you and the folks that helped did something that is not seen as much as it should be.....you made a child smile. In every pic theres a grin.

and man thats is what it's all about. Kudos to you and all that helped!!!!!!

Brine

Without a doubt, the greatest day of the year so far. If you don't believe me, just ask my kids.

I've never been so happy while losing my defending champ status, and saying that, I know why. Cletus organized this event as a no lose situation, and as I looked around at the crowd, all I saw were smiling faces. It was a true honor to be involved with it and all the people involved.

Aside from all the aforementioned "Thank you's", I want to throw a few shout-outs of my own.

Aside from everyone that has already been mentioned, I'd like to give a big "Thank you!" to the members of TinBoats.net for their support even though the vast majority of their members don't live in the state, many of the people who frequent the site stepped up to the plate and offered donations from rods and reels that were given to kids who showed up without any, a five gallon bucket full of baits including crankbaits and spinnerbaits, to assorted soft plastics, custom poured baits and custom tied jigs both made my members, all kinds of terminal tackle, as well as monitary contributions to help with the costs of the event that were shipped from all around the country. I was blown away with the support these guys gave from hundreds of miles away and humbled with the generosity of people who gave soley on the opportunity to provide a child who they don't know and likely will never meet a day they won't soon forget. Thanks again to all who gave as well as the well-wishes and moral support provided for the event.

Ironically, I'd like to thank my District Commisioner's Assistant and all the employees of Gwinnett County Parks and Recreation who were initially contacted about the Mini-Me for their lack of responsible communication, lack of support for the event, and their impressively disciplined lack of judgement or reason. For without them, this event would not have been anywhere near the success that the good Lord intended it to be by being held at Fort Yargo. Thanks to all the staff at Fort Yargo for your involvement.

That's all I got to say about that........:bounce:

Great to meet a few GON legends like the Sultan and Captain, as well as the icon....Maximus for the first time. Not to mention being able to put a face to a screen name for the many other folks I met who are part of Woody's.

Can't wait to mark the date for next event and for all the folks that have or haven't been mentioned who supported the event, I thank you for being part of a great day spent with my boys.

Brine

Cletus T.

I cant wait until my youngans get old enough to participate

Thanks J-Dawg for the kind words and from what I’ve been hearing your little girl is already able to sling a fluke out there and catch 12-14 inch bass with ease.

She’ll be ready for the Mini-Me in 2011 and I know that baby boy will be right behind her.

Cletus T.

Excellent pictures you added LeverAction…..and BTW…..my Presley girl is only 3 years old so she still has a little attitude when she doesn’t get what she wants but she is a precious little girl and even though she had those arms crossed and was mad as a hornet……..she put that smile on when she finally won her some fighting frogs. (Daddy was happy to hand those out to her)

Again…..LeverAction it was a joy to meet you and I’m so happy to hear that you and your Son had such a wonderful time, even though he put a whooping on you on the fish to catch ratio. Every time I looked up he was rearing back on another 3-pound bass!

Blessed2Day

God Does Work in Wonderful Ways

Great event son, and thanks for allowing me to be part of God's plan in your life and the life of so many, especially the children.

Cletus T.

Just out of curiosity................who was it in the pic that decided it was time to go swimmin'?That water is still cold man.:hair:

Well…..it’s a funny story, and since you asked I will tell the story. We hung out with some good friends of ours for the rest of the day (up until about 5 o’clock) and let our kids play and Hunter Jack and their boy Colin are big buds and they play football together……but anyway……..me and Steve were down by the water and I was casting my new favorite Sebile lipless crankbait and I was burning the snot out of it because I had already caught two bass off of it earlier in the day and this is the exact same spot that I busted a solid 3-pounder from the bank two weeks prior so I was hoping for a repeat and I did hang into something solid but it was a huge stump…..NOT…..a bass! Sooooooooo ……I went in after it. I took everything out of my pockets…slipped my socks and shoes off….took off my shirt and went in after it. The water was very chilly and it got up to right above my belly button…….but……I got my bait back!

Of course Jaimelou gets the camera out and shoots a picture of the event and my fat belly….but it a pretty funny picture. It looks like Steve caught a 215 pound red bass!!!

Chris S.

Well…..it’s a funny story, and since you asked I will tell the story. We hung out with some good friends of ours for the rest of the day (up until about 5 o’clock) and let our kids play and Hunter Jack and their boy Colin are big buds and they play football together……but anyway……..me and Steve were down by the water and I was casting my new favorite Sebile lipless crankbait and I was burning the snot out of it because I had already caught two bass off of it earlier in the day and this is the exact same spot that I busted a solid 3-pounder from the bank two weeks prior so I was hoping for a repeat and I did hang into something solid but it was a huge stump…..NOT…..a bass! Sooooooooo ……I went in after it. I took everything out of my pockets…slipped my socks and shoes off….took off my shirt and went in after it. The water was very chilly and it got up to right above my belly button…….but……I got my bait back!

Of course Jaimelou gets the camera out and shoots a picture of the event and my fat belly….but it a pretty funny picture. It looks like Steve caught a 215 pound red bass!!!

ahh hah.......you like that sebile' alot,dont you?........where was the boat you fished from earlier?..........man Cletus,that looks like somebody else from a distance..........kind of like that "earl" dude on Tv..:bounce:.I would say
' more like a 215 lb. red "striped" bass :bounce:Glad you got the trusty lure back though.........:clap:

Cletus T.

The boat was a loaner from Mr. Frank Savage and I had already got it back to him so that’s why I was fishing from the bank.

What do you mean that don’t look like me….is it because of my pale skin and out of shape body????

Cletus T.

Cletus,,, A big thanks to you and Jaime for all the work you did and thanks for letting me be a part of the mini-me 2010. It was so much fun. Brings back memories when my son was younger. It was a real pleasure meeting everyone, the Captain, Sutan of Slime, Money Man, Brent and Matt. So many people so much fun and fellowship. Seems like whatever was needed someone jumped in there and helped out. All the way to Chris helping with the fire to Artie the DNR ranger getting more fire wood for the grill. Thanks again can't wait unti the next one. Oh yea tell Hunter Jack I saw him drip on my boat.

Well Doc Savage……I should be the one thanking you. You let me and Hunter Jack use your awesome boat and it is totally awesome…..BUT you sir are probably the nicest man I’ve ever met. You are always so helpful and laid back about that it really does put you at ease when talking to you. I could tell this from the first time we fished together at the Bear! BTW…..I’m sending Hunter Jack to your house with a pack of Bleach wipes and he clean that pee drip up!