The Winners Arrows

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
Here are the arrows that I donated to the winnin` team in the Bowhunt Challenge. Congratulations to Kevin Cox, Ultramag, and No.Ga.Bowhunter for their win. The arrows will be headed your way! Sorry for the delay! :cheers:

Attachments

• MVC-017F.JPG
    MVC-017F.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 242
  • MVC-018F.JPG
    MVC-018F.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 246
  • MVC-019F.JPG
    MVC-019F.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 245

Nugefan

look good there my friend ....

Arrow3

FINE looking...:yeah:

matthewsman

what was that type of fletch called?

You told me,but I forgot...was it Cherokee 4-fletch?You showed me how they were cut to apear as four but were two....

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
Thanks ya`ll, Donnie, it`s a Southeastern 2 fletch. The feather is cut, you can see where it is on the left side of the shaft and then laps over to th right side. It does look like 4 fletchinss`, but there are only 2 feathers there. The shafts are rivercane and the foreshafts are black cherry. The points are hafted with pitch glue, and the deer sinew on the points, fletchins`, and shaft reenforcements are wet with hoof glue and then wrapped tightly. This type arrow was used mainly in the Southeast and should not be confused with the Plains style 3 fletch arrow.

Arrow 3 should use that first pic as an avatar! ;)

justme

They look great Nic!

ultramag

Nick
Thank you so much!! I will put it on my mantle and post it..I appreciate all of the prizes..All of the recognition to winning the contest goes to my teammates..Kevin killed a great buck and quite a few nanner heads..I will do better this season i promise!!! Once again thank you Nick
Ultramag

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Beautiful work Nic.