They Never Stop Moving~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

Mr. Mike would have been proud of me today!

About a month or six weeks ago, I was looking for someone to teach me how, to call in Coyotes. Well, Mr. Mike took me under his wings and I been taught a bunch in a short time.

Unfortunatley for myself, Mr. Mike has moved, to South Ga. where, they say the Coyote Hunting is just Great!

Well this afternoon, I went out on my own for the very first time. I was set up real well, had the wind in my face, wearing my full camo, and had my new caller set about 25 yards ,out in front and to my left. I was shoot my 12G. Mossberg, model # 835 with a 2.75" #4 buck shot.

I made a mistake and hit the Kid Goat Distress call? So I just stopped it after a few calls, and went to the Coyote pups, for a very few calls. I get ready and here this Big Boy comes, trotting up the creek and crosses the creek and be lines it too my caller. And I was about to forget , too mention, that I had my feather, hanging about 18" off the ground and to the left of my caller. I also put some Cover Scent on a rag and had it up about, four feet high. Gream-- Weeper, I think this stuff is called, can smell that stuff for a while!! Mr. Mike didn't have anything too do with this part, he may or may not approve??

Well, in less than 10 minutes, I see this Big Boy, coming and he was in a full trout!! I get the big 12 up and ready so, just let him come on in, and at 17 steps I get a good shot off, he jumped what looked too be 4 ft. up and took off side ways, right through a briar patch and down a food strip. I didn't even get another shot off, as I just knew he was going to be laying there in that food strip, kicking!! In fact, I set there on my, Black 5 gallon bucket, for anothe 5 or 10 minute, too my surprise, he was no where to be found? I found tuffs of hair, where I shot him but that is all I have too show??

Well, from now , I will be shooting a 3" shell backed by a 3.5" ! I don't belive he will be eating any more of my rabbit's, may find that Big Boy tomorrow, it got dark on me !

Sure do miss Mr. Mike!

Well he got me this far, so it's up to myself know days!

Thanks, D.R.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>:crazy:

lungbuster123

They are tougher then people think...I was sitting up in a field during deer season and my brother was in a swapmy creek bottom about 500 yards down to my left...about an hour after day light I hear the loud boom of his .270 so I figured he had killed a deer afew seconds later another boom. Then my phone rings and he said he killed another coyote down in the bottom then I hang up and hear another BOOM!!! followed by the loudest yote scream ive ever herd when I got down to the bottom it looked like a crime scene blood and hair everywhere and somehow that yote made it across the swampy creek bottom and we lost blood about 30 ards up the other side of the ridge....three shots from a .270 and he was still moving!!! I dont know how they do it.

Congrats on calling in your first yote...now get out there and kill somemore!!!

Gotta save those rabbits!!!

arcame

at least with him being shot at he likely won't be back. we just need to pack up and go see Mr. Mike one weekend and hunt down south with him.

Rabbit Tracks Everwhere~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~>

Gun Guro, I looked for a Foxpro everwhere ?
Couldn't find one in Athens, or Anderson S.C. so Mike said this New Johnny Stewart was a good one. It's the newest thing out. Name is the PM-4 wireless Preymaster digital caller.
Range from 100 too 250 yards.
Comes with 12 digitally sounds
Can play two sounds at once
Big 6" speaker

I sure do like it, real easy to operate. Even a Cave Man can operate this thing!

I think Franklings in Athens had one, like the one I have, but I got mine at Grady's in Anderson, S. C. for $20.00 less, I payed $189.00 for the one I have.I belive they were $229.00 at Athens?

DR.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

bjtillman

Daddy Rabbit the next thing I want is that night vision. Costs alot though. I've been known to float a loan for a pack of hounds so why not night vision. Got to figure how to slip it by the mistress. You reckon tell her its for a good cause would work???:stir:

Mr. Mike has some connection with people that has that also. We did that one night!!

I am going too stick too the day time stuff, for right now! I sure did get that Big Boy coming too me yesterday! I just wish I had been shoot a 3" shell?

You know with this new mechanical valve in my heart, I was a skeptical about the recoil with a 3 or 3.5" 12 G. shell!

So I was shooting the small shells, and was a mistake! I hit him have the hair, and he went up in the air 3 feet !! Very thick, just didn't find him , but that don't matter just so he don't live too eat any more off the rabbits or Produce any more pups!

Good Luck!

D.R.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

CMLanier

DR...you sure had an EXCITING hunt.

Bet you'll be seeing that "yote jump" in many a dream.
Just reading it put a smile:clap:on my face.
Charles in Gainesville

mlandrum

How to outfox the Mrs.!!!!!!

B.J., just tell her you got a Baptist Preacher down in Darien going through a hard time and the Good-Lord spoke to you about sending a $300.00 love offering to help him out, you'll have enough to get your call and send the ole Preacher what's left over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!::;::;

Preacherman, now don't forget, that Mr.Molly, that World Renowned, Night Time shooting man has this Cap, with a pig tail, on the back, You have too get yourself one off these, Be Sure Too put it on your Head!

Pig Tail, goes too the back~~>

What happens, Us Rookies keep turning our heads, from right too left, and very fast, this tail acts as a Decoy!

Once you get the hang of turning your Eyes, and Keep Head Still, you may be able to sale this cap, to some other Rookie? I think Cap is made my Fox Pro ?

D.R.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>:rolleyes:

B

Beagle Boy

DR,

If you need some practice on yotes, get Doc to pull the camper down to our places for a night or two. all the yotes you can fool with down here... and I believe part of the reason our rabbit hunting was very poor this year. Spent some afternoons in good habitat and never jumped a rabbit, very few pills, no tracts in road....

Brad;
First let me say good too see you still on the web sight!

Well, that is Why, I am trying to get myself Educated in the "Way Of The Yote" ? Them things are Smarter that a Pig!! Working on my rabbits, here at Rabbit town. Thanks for the invite, may have too talk with Doc, about that move.

I took old Doc one afternon, but we didn't do any good, I seem too do better all my myself!!

Are you keeping an Eye on Cremson ?

D.R.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>>

B

Beagle Boy

Tell Doc to take a bath. Those yotes can smell a rat a mile away. :D

Yes, watching Crimson every day. She should be in by now, but she's not even close.

mlandrum

Boys this CRIMSON came out of 2-----BlUEBERRYS???????

Attachments

• Cracker Goes Fishinf.jpg
    Cracker Goes Fishinf.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 378

Afraid Not, Preacherman, she is "A CherryPie" !! :cool::fine:

Might Fine Hound, and has Produces the Beagle Boy & Myself some Choice, Red pups, over the years!!

You know Who the Beagle boy is, preacherman?

I will send you a P.M. he tries to be Anomous!!

D.R.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

mlandrum

Boy that was CLOSE--D.R.

Thanks for the info, I was fixin to sale Beagle Boy a Blueberry Muffin on the Small Game page!!!!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Rich M

Maybe you need to pattern your gun?

I did that with a 100# hog - missed it clear at about 25 yard - checked the pattern--> 15" high & 12" left. That was the 3" shell, the 2-3/4 was dead on. I shot 2-3/4 after that.

I didn't miss that Big Boy!

I had three differant people shoot my Shot Gun, and it already has the Turkey Full Choke, it a Great Pattern !!

Shoot both 2.75" and 3" shells with #4Buck Shot.

I found lots off hair, he is a dead Yote, but some mighty thick cover all around, too thick to get into, so I didn't try to get in thsoe briars, to find him.

D.R.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>