Thompson Center revisited

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Y'all may remember my thread about a barrel wedge that TC was going to send me. The wedge will connect a Green Mountain Long Range Hunter barrel to a TC Hawken stock and action. I bought a TC kit gun from a fellow 25 years or so ago. The barrel a couple of years later. I've killed a nice doe with that barrel in another TC stock about 20 years ago. The plan was to mate the kit gun stock to the new barrel. Well I don't believe in rushing into something so I've got the kit gun stock shaped,sanded and am applying Truoil to it as I write. It is gonna be a beauty I believe. Seems to me that I got that kit sometime around 1990 or so,can't put an exact date on it. All I know is 80 grains of 3f Goex pushing 50 caliber maxiball out of that barrel is like instant death to a deer. Before you say if there's no pictures it didn't happen,I'll see if I can get some pictures up when the project is finished. That barrel is out of production,it is a real winner and I still didn't get in a hurry.

flconch53

That barrel was from when Branch Meanly owned green mountain before knight bought them. They made real good barrels then

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
I've got a Green Mountain one turn in 66, .54 that is much older than the .50 lrh. It is scary accurate.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
This is the rifle,and the maxiball it shoots.
IMG_9913.JPGIMG_9950.JPG

transfixer

I bought a Green mtn barrel back in the 90's also, put it on my traditions hawken, its very accurate as well, with maxi balls and sabot loads,