Those who use tss #9's question

Bonnran

I have now killed two birds with TSS and I will not go to the turkey woods without it. One bird was stepped off at 60. I have been very pleased with the results, just not the price.

buckpasser

I bought me some TSS 12 ga 3.5” #4s. If them little bitty shot is good, these is gonna be a lot better.

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
Them little 8s and 9s ain’t nowhere’s near big enough to kill a critter tough as a turkey. I learned that years ago with bird shot. #4s are the way to go.
I wish I'd known that before cooking the past dozen or so seasons' birds while they were still alive. I really thought they were dead.

ol bob

# 4s will kill them dead, #9 will kill them dead at the same range, dead is dead.

buckpasser

4s kill the stew out of them up to 35 yards in lead. TSS 4s might could kill them clear out to 45 if it’s heavy as they say (13g/cc I think).

Gut_Pile

13g/cc is hevi shot

TSS is 18-19 depending on who you get the shot from

buckpasser

I’m sorry. I can’t keep doing this. I was trolling! Yeah, I did think about getting some really large TSS (2-4 range) to deer hunt with. I’ve killed coyotes at extreme ranges with the 9s and they looked like they got hit by a truck. It’s an amazing improvement to lead.

grouper throat

My longest with #9s (3.5") is 60 yds and I had my oldest son in my ear egging me on. To make it more challenging when I hunt with my brother, we always use the kids 4-10 instead of our 12 gauges. Even that little gun is a turkey slayer with the 9s.

deast1988

@sea trout a guy I know, reloads a 2 3/4in 2oz load of #8x9s. They got a confirmed 84yd coyote kill with it using range finders. Not shot and runs off, cuts a flip and was DRT they aimed for the neck. You’ll be impressed with the #9s once you really start seeing them in action

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
@sea trout a guy I know, reloads a 2 3/4in 2oz load of #8x9s. They got a confirmed 84yd coyote kill with it using range finders. Not shot and runs off, cuts a flip and was DRT they aimed for the neck. You’ll be impressed with the #9s once you really start seeing them in action
Yeah that's awesome!
I bought federal tss for my old 3 inch shotgun when they first came out. But I didn't really end up using them cause my old winchester still patterernd the heavy magnum blends better.
But I did shoot a yote with the 3 inch tss, Idk exact yardage, maybe 35 or 40, it hit her so hard I was like "wow! Where'd it go!!!" It looked like somebody hit her with a dump truck

nick_o_demus

What's up y'all!!?
Hope gettin ready for the spring season has y'all fired up and happy!!
I got a gift this past summer from my wife, a new browning 3 1/2 inch wicked wings!
I've been accumulating turkey stuff for it as I could, and this past Sunday I took about a dozen practice shots with it.
It's favorite load was Federal tss #9 out of Carlsons longbeard choke. What a beautiful perfect 38ish yard pattern it makes! Took 2 shots with that combo and hands down they were the best of all the other configurations of different shots.
As happy I was with the awesome patters I was like "maaaaaan those holes are tiny!!!"
My old shot gun I shot Heavy Magnum blend 5, 6, 7,'s. And when federal tss #7's came out it liked those too.
So my question is how do y'all tss #9 hunters like your results???
At 40, 45 yards? Have any of y'all gone 50 with tss #9's?
Thanks for any and all insight!!!

Trout, here is really good article about TSS sizes, penetration energy etc...#9's will definitely get the job done.

Tungsten Super Shot | What Makes Them Effective – Super-18 Tungsten Super Shot (super18tungstenshot.com)

trkyhnt89

Like most people are saying they are deadly. I shot an 870 12 guage with longbeards for a longtime. Made the switch to a 20 gauge….3 inch handloaded tss 9s that a friend rolls for me and I’m never going back to the 12.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Sounds like tss #9 are a good ticket. My shotgun n choke love em. y'all makin em sound deadly! I love it thatnks for takin the time for your responses!!

BlueNole

What's up y'all!!?
Hope gettin ready for the spring season has y'all fired up and happy!!
I got a gift this past summer from my wife, a new browning 3 1/2 inch wicked wings!
I've been accumulating turkey stuff for it as I could, and this past Sunday I took about a dozen practice shots with it.
It's favorite load was Federal tss #9 out of Carlsons longbeard choke. What a beautiful perfect 38ish yard pattern it makes! Took 2 shots with that combo and hands down they were the best of all the other configurations of different shots.
As happy I was with the awesome patters I was like "maaaaaan those holes are tiny!!!"
My old shot gun I shot Heavy Magnum blend 5, 6, 7,'s. And when federal tss #7's came out it liked those too.
So my question is how do y'all tss #9 hunters like your results???
At 40, 45 yards? Have any of y'all gone 50 with tss #9's?
Thanks for any and all insight!!!