Time to Buy Guns and Ammo

transfixer

As others have said, if you run across ammo you know you will use, and the price is decent buy it, as I've been buying ammo and reloading ammo for 40 plus years, I really don't see any prices even now I consider decent, but prices are better than they were 2yrs ago, so there is that .

as far as gun buying, my advice is buy from individuals on the GON classified , or the trader site, if you know prices you can find some reasonable deals from time to time, and you don't have to hassle with a 4473,

Nimrod71

Guns and ammo are good financial investments with a ready market. The only firearms I believe may have issues is semi-auto military style weapons with detachable magazines. I do expect some form or regulation to pass at some point in time.

transfixer

Guns and ammo are good financial investments with a ready market. The only firearms I believe may have issues is semi-auto military style weapons with detachable magazines. I do expect some form or regulation to pass at some point in time.

Even if it does , that will only make them more valuable, if I were to buy any more guns, which I have no need to do, it would be guns in that category, But would likely choose something other than AR's , as the market is pretty saturated with them now. I still regret selling an actual H&K 91 that I owned back in the 80's, back then they sold for around 500-600 dollars, and I sold mine for $600 cause I didn't like that it left grooves in the brass when fired, making them difficult to reload in my mind, Now you can't find one less than $4 or $5K,,,,, smh

Nimrod71

Trans you are right about the AR market, they are everywhere and they are the one in the political gun sights now. Like you I sold my HK's I couldn't resist the cash. The 93 brought $3,100, the 91's brought $3,900 each and the MP 5 went for 5 grand. I had bought them all back in the mid 80's and I thought $400 for them was high.

transfixer

Trans you are right about the AR market, they are everywhere and they are the one in the political gun sights now. Like you I sold my HK's I couldn't resist the cash. The 93 brought $3,100, the 91's brought $3,900 each and the MP 5 went for 5 grand. I had bought them all back in the mid 80's and I thought $400 for them was high.

That idiot in the white house has made a statement saying 9mm handguns should be banned ,, calling them a "high caliber" weapon ! lol,,, he actually said a 9mm can "blow a lung out of the body" ,,,, facepalm: the man is so stupid he doesn't have a clue how stupid he is !

I wish I had some of that 9mm ammo that can "blow a lung out of a body " that must be some sho nuff bad donkey ammo ! lol

Nimrod71

Trans, that one of the biggest problems with gun control, the people trying to make the laws don't have any idea of what they are talking about. As you have inferred a 9 mm is not a high caliber cartridge, in bowling pen matches a 9 mm want knock a pen off a 4 X 8 table with a single shot. However, a 45 ACP will make a one shot home run.

Markham

With the ammo shortage, I got my hands on a bunch of primers and powder. So I bought a Hornady ammo plant and started reloading. My dear eagle 44 eats powder like no body's business.

Balrog

If you have no collection at all, I would start with things you want that are also potential targets for gun bans. I would not buy them, though, unless it was something I was interested in shooting.

Top of the list would be imported AK's. They can be banned from importation by the President. Eastern European AK's like the Zastava are some of the best. If you want one, now is the time to get it.

AR's should also be a top priority. It looks like we may get by without a new AWB under Biden, but you never know. I would not buy an AR pistol though, because it looks like braces will be banned early next year.

I would also stock up on normal capacity magazines for guns that are designed with more than a 10 round mag. I remember during the last AWB, Glock normal capacity magazines sold for $100 or more. You simply cannot own enough normal capacity magazines.

fauxferret

As a collector if they ain’t making it anymore buy it if it’s reasonably priced. Only you can decide what’s reasonable. I thought buying Coonans and wildeys was expensive until they stopped making them. Military arms are always going to be inflated because of yuppies. First crate of mosins I bought I bought 25 for $25 dollars a piece and that was expensive in the late 90’s. You’re collection will get there. You gotta go at it with some risk and some attitude. Or do what I do buy estates. Spend a bunch of money to get one gem, sell everything else and repeat.

CaptKeith

Don’t forget .22--excellent for food.