Tisas pistols

Stainlessman

I was looking at a local gun shop website and saw some nice looking all steel pistols made my Tisas at cost hundreds less then other manifacturers. I see they are made in turkey and the website says used my lawenforcement world wide. Is anyone filmilar with this brand ? Or should I think the quality isn't there and keep looking. A 10mm is $500. less them Sig or S&W.

buckpasser

I’ve got a .45 1911. I have enjoyed it so far. I had the trigger adjusted some and the salesman (friend) said they are a good entry level 1911, so that’s the route I took.

I’ve got three!
Only one has an issue and it’s not major. It won’t feed any thing but round nose ball ammo. I’m sure the armorers at the importer, SDS in Knoxville, TN could quickly fix it.
Metallurgy is good, machining is excellent.
I recommend the “service” model, as it has Novak style sights, and popular mods and features, for just a little bit more. I ordered it from Palmetto State Armory for $339 plus shipping, tax and transfer.
It’s accurate and 100% functional. 5.5lb “clean “ trigger.
I’m pleased!

Last edited:

GregoryB.

Read an article on them in a gun magazine recently, said they are machined with tight tolerances. Thinking of getting the service model to play with.

Darien1

I have one of their Beretta 84 clones called a Fatih. Only slight differences in the sights and emblem on the grip panel from the Beretta and the magazines will work in the Beretta and visa versa. I think I may like the Tisas more than my Beretta

Dub

I simply can't do a Turkish made 1911.......no matter how well built or how good a value.

That being said, they do seem to enjoy some solid reviews.

I have minimal qualms about the Turkish made Canik striker guns....some of the best stiker triggers I've felt...especially their competition models.

Just can't do a non-American made 1911.

I added a single Rock Island years ago...and have been looking at it sideways ever since. It is accurate, but both safeties were very poorly set up from the factory. Trigger was good.

Dang sure can't go with a Turkish version of the 1911.

I'll be sticking with those from Arkansas, Texas and Connecticut. :)

I can't go with foreign made single action revolvers or lever action rifles, either.

Robert28

I simply can't do a Turkish made 1911.......no matter how well built or how good a value.

I have minimal qualms about the Turkish made Canik striker guns....some of the best stiker triggers I've felt...especially their competition models.

I added a single Rock Island years ago...and have been looking at it sideways ever since. It is accurate, but both safeties were very poorly set up from the factory. Trigger was good.

I can't go with foreign made single action revolvers or lever action rifles, either.
One thing I’ve heard mentioned about the Turkish 1911’s is they’re a good starter gun if you’ve never owned a 1911 before. I honestly thought long and hard about getting one back in the day just to abuse, learn how to take it down and clean it and if I got an “idiot scratch” on it putting it back together, oh well. I ended up with a Springfield though as my first one and luckily I took my time learning how to take it down and never made an idiot scratch on it. Then I went to Colt and been there ever since.

As for those Caniks everyone seems to love. I just can’t do them. I don’t know why. They’ve just never appealed to me for whatever reason. I’ve noticed they’ve upped the price on them from what they used to be too. You never heard anyone saying “get a Canik, it’s a deal!” anymore. Now it’s “get a Dagger! It’s a deal”. And look who they copied, the King (Glock) :bounce:

GregoryB.

Was looking at the Tisas again this morning and noticed the D10. Might have to give it a try, a 1911 in 10mm for $699.

killerv

I have the US army model, its been great, shot my buddies black one this past weekend. No issues. A lot of gun for the money.

They've got some pretty pistols on their website.

But a Phillipines made frame is ok ?

• Haha
Reactions: Dub
Was looking at the Tisas again this morning and noticed the D10. Might have to give it a try, a 1911 in 10mm for $699.
I recently got a Taylor’s and Co. 10mm (Armscor- ) from PSA for $409 plus shipping, tax, and transfer… has all the whistles and bells and LPA Adjustable rear sight! Watch for sales! PSA or Classic Firearms.

fauxferret

For the money if you want a 1911 they are okay. I will be forthcoming I am biased against Turkish guns. Ever since a catastrophic failure that happened with a Turkish import shotgun years ago. I still view them as a firearm that is occasionally shot. IMO any moderate or extensive use they will begin to show their weaknesses. I will say that imports seem to be getting better. I am attempting to change my opinion, as I currently have ordered a M4 Turknelli clone to test. For the money they are truly hard to beat if you'd like a 1911 and don't want to dump a lot into it. Especially with having Novak sights, while not period correct it does make searching for aftermarket sights easier. I know initially that was an issue with the Rock Island imports. We had to order a special front sight staking tool from Trijicon just to replace one on a RI. Ironically Trijicon no longer makes this tool but it has paid dividends to us in the store staking front sights.

frankwright

I along with some others have been shooting the Canik SFX in USPA competition for the last few years.
I don't know of anyone who hasn't had stellar results.
The trigger is great out of the box and can be easily improved for faster competition shooting.
I had a Tisas Browning HiPower Clone and it was beautiful and reliable.
I recently bought the Tisas 1911 .45 Commander size and it is very nice to.
I have put probably 500 rounds through it and had one misfeed with the original mag. No problems with my Wilson,CMC or some others.
I think Turkish guns are a great value and well built and reliable.