Tomato plants

glynr329

How is everyone's tomato plants doing? Mine looks horrible about half way up the leaves curling up and looks pretty bad.

snuffy

Mine looking ok so far, but know a guy that lost several to wilt.

jrickman

Been pruning mine hard around the bottoms to fight off a bit of early blight. I think they are ok though. Looking healthy otherwise. Setting fruit on the 7th week since germinating. Juliet and Roma. The purchased and transplanted Better Boy plants look perfect as usual.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
About a third of mine have wilt or virus, not sure which. The others are beautiful, tomatoes big as baseballs, plants are Five feet or better.

glynr329

I have never had a problem before this year. I look forward to a good ? sandwich every year.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
About a third of mine have wilt or virus, not sure which. The others are beautiful, tomatoes big as baseballs, plants are Five feet or better.
My mortgage lifters are doing great. MMy homesteads I only have 1 out of 4 that didn,t succumb to curly wilt.

sportsman94

We are having issues with most of our heirlooms. The roadster tomatoes look better, but still have a few issues. Have my first non diseased tomato starting to turn. We had some fried green blts for lunch today with some maters that appeared to be infected with anthracnose or something along those lines

If you are watering your plants, but still getting burn flowers or wilting… could be calcium deficiency. Sprinkle some gypsum on the soil and water it in.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I’ve got nothing but heirloom plants and mine have been hit hard. Don’t know why it’s so bad this year. I raised my plants from seed

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Mine started out terribly, I lost several within the first few weeks. Figured out the straw mulch had residual herbicide in it and was affecting my plants. Removed all of the straw and things are looking better. Heirlooms were hit the hardest, hybrids faired much better.

ngamtns

My brandy wine were hit the worst with the wilt. Also lost a few tobacco plants to the wilt. So far I have carefully pulled the wilted plants and thrown in trash. Waited a couple days then replanted and the next plant hasn’t gotten it. D233D696-7AC6-472F-B0C6-024AF512F903.jpeg

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Mine are looking pretty good but my squash has some powdery mildew that I'm going to treat with baking soda today.

sportsman94

And how many of y'all planted tomatoes behind tomatoes?

Mine is a pretty newly established garden spot. Planted in sweet potatoes this time last summer. No nightshades grown near where my tomatoes are this year. Are these diseases air born? If soil born, how long can they lay dormant?

doomtrpr_z71

Mine is a pretty newly established garden spot. Planted in sweet potatoes this time last summer. No nightshades grown near where my tomatoes are this year. Are these diseases air born? If soil born, how long can they lay dormant?
Fusarium or verticillium wilt, pretty much a lifetime without fumigants in the soil, bacterial wilt is 2 years in the soil, tomato spotted wilt is viral and transmitted by thrips. It's awful early for a plant to be infected with tswv. The last wilt is caused by walnuts pecans or maples and shouldn't be the issue.

Mackie889

Newbie gardener here. Planted tomatoes (celebrity). Have had many blooms, but no tomatoes. The plants look very healthy, get plenty of “tomato fertilizer” but are not producing any maters. Any suggestions?