Took the plunge and popped the question

Carp

Congratulations, and you are right, it is her day and let her plan it. Provide opinions when asked. Get used to saying "yes dear" ;)

Mrs. Arrow3

Congratulations to you both! :clap: Best wishes for all the happiness in the world and a long life together!

FESTUSHAGGIN

i will give some very important advice. planning a wedding is VERY overwhelming. take it one day at a time. do not let her do everything you have to be a part of it or she will think you dont care. i tried to take the same approach and ms kitty thought i just didnt care. if you or her start to get overwhelmed just walk away from it for a day and remmember why your getting married to start with, because you love each other. i honestly believe that planning the wedding is probably the first test as to whether or not you can stand each other. just take it easy enjoy yourselves and dont let anyone else run your wedding. my wife kept getting upset cause people tried to keep telling her how to do everything. congratulations and good luck. by the way i saw yer girlfriend when we went to wild wing in hiram. you definately got the better end of the deal.

just like i did. ::ke: ::ke:

Mac

Congrads!!! Now the other day when I asked you when was you getting married. You forgot to mentioned you had not asked her yet. Pretty sure of yourself.

I friend/co-worker's daughter recently got married at the Magonilia House in Powder Springs. He said it was first class.
Just realized that is where you live.

CharlesH

Don't worry guys I'm right there beside her offering as much adivice as I can. I just know that this is what she has been waiting her whole life for and I want her to make sure it is what she has wanted.

She definitly knows when deer season is; I even let her read the post that was on here the other day with the guy that is having problems with his wife not wanting him to go. She has grown up with hunting; her dad has always hunted.

Dean, I didn't tell you cause I wasn't sure when I was going to do it that day. I actually decided to go out and buy the ring the Monday after we talked.

Thanks for all the advice guys; I am ready for it to happen and know that I will enjoy the planning process as much as possible. We are both teachers so we will both have equal share in the pay checks.

Mac

Great now I feel responsible.
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

What type of hunting stuff do you want as a wedding present?

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Congrats. :clap:

CharlesH

Dean, your not responsible at all; I had just finally decided that a 4-wheeler could wait a little longer. :hammers:

Hunting stuff as a wedding present that sound great.
We were in Macy's doing some borwsing and I saw a meat grinder and told her that we should put that on the registry; needless to say that idea got shot down :huh:

Toliver

Charles, don't let these people fool you. It's the girl's day at a wedding. We don't care and they know it. They want the cake, the presents, the champagne, the flowers, the guests, the this and the that. We'd be happy if the justice of the peace showed up at camp on work day and said, "Do you? And Do You? Ok, you're married. Get back to work." After I realized my mistake of agreeing to a wedding in October in the Northern Virginia Mountains, I sent in a pinch groom to stand in for me. (If baseball can have pinch runners and pinch hitters, I figured I could have a pinch groom while I was hunting) She never noticed. She was too busy making sure all the pretty stuff was perfect.

This has been a public service announcement. All of the preceding content is protected by copyright and can not be redistributed, rebroadcast or believed without the express written consent of the author. :)

Ta-ton-ka chips

GONetwork Member
If baseball can have pinch runners and pinch hitters, I figured I could have a pinch groom while I was hunting) She never noticed. She was too busy making sure all the pretty stuff was perfect.
Hey Toli, finish the story...
How did the "pinch honeymoon" work out? :whip: :rofl:

Toliver

Ta-ton-ka chips said:
Hey Toli, finish the story...
How did the "pinch honeymoon" work out? :whip: :rofl:

I don't know. I never saw the pictures.

CharlesH

I don't think I want someone to "pinch" in on the honeymoon or the wedding; I think I'd take too much hassle for it later. Besides I wasn't crazy enough to schedule it during deer season anyway ::ke:

Toliver

CharlesH said:
I don't think I want someone to "pinch" in on the honeymoon or the wedding; I think I'd take too much hassle for it later. Besides I wasn't crazy enough to schedule it during deer season anyway ::ke:

Oh sure. Rub salt. It's not like I'm reminded of my error EVERY October. :mad:

Why can't anniversaries just come every 4 or 5 years?

Toliver

Ta-ton-ka chips said:
Do you want to buy some? :whip: :whip: :whip:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I couldn't help it... just come beat me!

From you? No thanks. I can get them off the internet just like you did and cut out the middle man.

Lthomas

You have my condolences.

ufg8r93

Charles, Congrats!

Congrats, man. June's a good time for a wedding/anniversary. That's when I have mine. :D

Also, good thinking about just letting her do whatever she wants. As my Dad told me long ago, "pick your battles, son, cuz you're gonna lose the war"!

Hunting=battles. Wedding=not. :)

CharlesH

I want to make sure that I put enough input in to keep her happy and use against her when I want to go hunting. ::ke: