tough year !!!!

tr21

man we had a tough season this year. the turkeys wouldn't even gobble on the roost more than less even gobble after fly down ! they didn't go to the chuffa plots. we were drawn for opening week quota and had high expectations, but the weather was against us. either rain or high winds our whole quota week. after having lunch with Michael Waddell and the bone collector crew a few times it seems the turkeys were not acting right for them either in GA. or ALA. sure hope we have a better season next year

Quackmasterofgeorgia

man we had a tough season this year. the turkeys wouldn't even gobble on the roost more than less even gobble after fly down ! they didn't go to the chuffa plots. we were drawn for opening week quota and had high expectations, but the weather was against us. either rain or high winds our whole quota week. after having lunch with Michael Waddell and the bone collector crew a few times it seems the turkeys were not acting right for them either in GA. or ALA. sure hope we have a better season next year
It was definitely different the first week for me, but after that I shot 2 in 3 days and missed another in between shooting them two. Missed more than I care to share and called in 10 long beards and 1 jake. I have no complaints for my second season, other than that first week.

tr21

glad you had a decent season. what part of the state did you hunt ? i was near Columbus and they did nothing much for us.... they slaughtered em up here in the mountains from what i saw on the report. over 300 on the CNF .

Quackmasterofgeorgia

glad you had a decent season. what part of the state did you hunt ? i was near Columbus and they did nothing much for us.... they slaughtered em up here in the mountains from what i saw on the report. over 300 on the CNF .
I hunted all over the state, put in well north of 200 miles on my boots. All the spots I hunted last year weren’t productive this year, although I know there were birds there from sign.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
It was a tough season for quite a few people . I was very fortunate and hunted a lot and in a lot of different properties. Was able to get a limit but it was a lot more work than usual , but I enjoyed every minute of it . Hope you have a better season next spring .