Toyota Trucks

ATLRoach

Why are you crying about toyotas? The fact that Detroit has all but forgot to turn off the lights in there factories since they making rolling junk piles these days. You wonder why they are getting record losses.

Come on guys I would drive my toyotas any day over the rolling junk piles that you guys call ford, chevy, and dodge. I pass y'all broken rigs all the time sitting on the trail.

Perry Hayes

Why are you crying about toyotas? The fact that Detroit has all but forgot to turn off the lights in there factories since they making rolling junk piles these days. You wonder why they are getting record losses.

Come on guys I would drive my toyotas any day over the rolling junk piles that you guys call ford, chevy, and dodge. I pass y'all broken rigs all the time sitting on the trail.
You can drive a toyota but you can't pull nothing
but groceries...:huh: I have no use for them.

ATLRoach

Wonder how my tundra has a 8k tow capacity and was best in class towing? I guess i must image that 4k pound 85 4Runner on a 1.7k lbs trailer it pulls to the trails once a month?

Keep trying chief..

hwy22

I work for a part of toyota division and to me there the best vehicles on the road. I have own all models of vehicles. By far they are the best on the road. I agree they all are over prised. Most of the problems come from the people putting them together.

HMwolfpup

That's right, you can haul the whole grocery store.

I've towed more stuff with mine than any other vehicle I've owned and it's done better than any vehicle i've ever owned...and the new ones have more torque, more HP, and more towing capacity than my 2002 does.

Nautical Son

Proud owner of a recalled 02'Tundra if they want to replace my ball joints again because they have some scratches in them I'm gonna let em do it . I had a 96 Tacoma w/196,000 miles on the day I traded it in and they wrote me a check for $5000.00. I didn't trade it THEY bought it back, to sell again.

They might be overpriced but I will buy another when I see fit.

As far as the comment about underpowered cars with beds on 'em , ya wanna race stock for stock?$$$
Mine was built on Wednesday when everybody showed up to work sober.

toyota quality

That is the first time in my life,that I have ever heard anything bad about toyota,I drove american cars and trucks for years ,then I GOT REAL MAD ONE day and went out and bought A TOYOTA,best thing I ever done,if you hate foreign cars,please dont ever buy one because you will never go back to anything else,even bought a honda a few years back cant decide which one is the best,one more thing,ask the american banker how much he will give you for your american car with over 100,000 miles on it.

kudzumotorsports

I think anybody who would say all american trucks are junk is crazy. I have been in the automotive business for almost twenty years. I have seen fords dodges and gm's take more crap then they were designed to handle. I put a starter motor on a tundra the other day for my neighbor who normally works on his own stuff but to do this starter you will have to take the INTAKE OFF. A timing belt and water pump on this motor is expensive and is not a do it yourselfer job either. I have owned almost every make of truck. Right now my dodge dakota has well over 200,000 miles on it and had a ford with 300,000 miles on it. Just my other 2C's

Vernon Holt

Gone But Not Forgotten
New Consumer Report

The new Consumer Report is out!!

Surprisingly, the least reliable of all cars this year is Mercedes. It has been moving slowly down the list, and this year the German automaker – with its 36 brands – is dead last. In fact, the report stated that a 10-year old Lexus is more reliable than a new Mercedes. Next to last was Land Rover, preceded by Hummer, Jaguar and Cadillac was fifth from the bottom. So, what are the most reliable brands? The top five are either Toyotas or Hondas. The No. 1 most reliable brand is Toyota, No. 2 is Honda, No. 3 is Scion, No. 4 is Acura and No. 5 is the Lexus. The cars that retain the most value over time are Toyotas and Hondas, so their initial cost is actually less than what it appears to be.

Eat your heart out Ford, Chevy, and Dodge owners unless you wanna argue with Consumer Reports (which you probably will).

dixiejacket

Toyota

Everyone has their opinion. My experience is this after owning Ford, GM, Chrysler, Isuzu, Nissan and Toyota products:

Toyota has been the best! And to be fair and much to my surprise, one of the best vehicles I have ever owned is a Saturn.

kudzumotorsports

Vernon german cars do suck and I mean really bad. Keep in mind these reports are the companies as a whole. I would not buy a dodge intrepid......I would buy an accord but since we are talking about trucks I will stick with what I know and you really cant go wrong with an american truck. And as far as resale???? Buy the right truck and you wont want to trade it.

HMwolfpup

you really cant go wrong with an american truck.

:rofl: I sure went wrong with a '99 Dodge Dakota I bought new. That was one of the deciding factors to go with the Tundra. The cost difference between the trucks was less than what I spent keeping that dakota on the road for 2 1/2 years....and that's not including normal maintenace stuff, I'm talking over $7000.00 in repairs in that amount of time.

kudzumotorsports

:rofl: I sure went wrong with a '99 Dodge Dakota I bought new. That was one of the deciding factors to go with the Tundra. The cost difference between the trucks was less than what I spent keeping that dakota on the road for 2 1/2 years....and that's not including normal maintenace stuff, I'm talking over $7000.00 in repairs in that amount of time.

:rofl: thats funny I'd have to call you out on that.the truck probably didnt even cost 7 grand lets hear it what did you have fixed???? esp. for 7 grand.....you can sell that line to someone else but I know better

EnglishRedNeck

I would like to know how they work out these 'Polls'..
The results sure don't reflect my real worldexperiences.

I currently have a 2006 Mercedes CLS500 that I bought new a year and a half ago. Never a problem.

I had a 2002 CLK430 from new before that for 39 months on a lease. Again never a problem.

I also currently own a 2004 Toyota Sequioa Limited 4x4 I bought new in 2003. Never had a problem with that in 3 1/2 years either.

Never owned a GM product but my buddy has lemon lawed 2 avalanches.
I had a 1999 SVT Cobra that was always in the shop, as well as a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd 4x4.

German cars suck, huh??!!
-I'm not sure what the person who made that statement drives, but I've been very happy with all 5 of the ones that I have owned.

I hate it for all the Mercedes, BMW and Porsche owners out there. They must be so disappointed in their bad fortune to be stuck with a 'Sucky' Car:rolleyes:

Count Down

I just change my oil in whatever my wife told me I was allowed to buy. And I pray that I don't have to work on it on the weeekend....I've honda's, chevy's, and fords..They all break...Some just cost a lot more money when they do...I personally like RECALL's....saves me money.:D

slightly grayling

Mr. Vernon:
From my observations it apears to be a matter of perspective.....It seems like most Toyota owners are high on the Toyotas (including me)...also seems like all car dealers selling GM/Ford etc...have a propensity towards those products sitting on the lot.

QUOTE=Vernon Holt;1126654]The new Consumer Report is out!!

Surprisingly, the least reliable of all cars this year is Mercedes. It has been moving slowly down the list, and this year the German automaker – with its 36 brands – is dead last. In fact, the report stated that a 10-year old Lexus is more reliable than a new Mercedes. Next to last was Land Rover, preceded by Hummer, Jaguar and Cadillac was fifth from the bottom. So, what are the most reliable brands? The top five are either Toyotas or Hondas. The No. 1 most reliable brand is Toyota, No. 2 is Honda, No. 3 is Scion, No. 4 is Acura and No. 5 is the Lexus. The cars that retain the most value over time are Toyotas and Hondas, so their initial cost is actually less than what it appears to be.

Eat your heart out Ford, Chevy, and Dodge owners unless you wanna argue with Consumer Reports (which you probably will).[/QUOTE]

EnglishRedNeck

well, there's this thing called the Poisson distribution. :rofl:

If that's what they use no wonder the numbers are such **.
Poisson Distribution dates from 1838 and was used for socio/anthropological purposes in the work 'Recherches sur la probabilité des jugements en matières criminelles et matière civile' ("Research on the Probability of Judgments in Criminal and Civil Matters").

I don't believe it has any valid correlation to providing modern day empirical market data in terms of automobile manufacturing tolerances and corporate sales.

So now I'm the one laughing;)

kudzumotorsports

I would like to know how they work out these 'Polls'..
The results sure don't reflect my real worldexperiences.

I currently have a 2006 Mercedes CLS500 that I bought new a year and a half ago. Never a problem.

I had a 2002 CLK430 from new before that for 39 months on a lease. Again never a problem.

I also currently own a 2004 Toyota Sequioa Limited 4x4 I bought new in 2003. Never had a problem with that in 3 1/2 years either.

Never owned a GM product but my buddy has lemon lawed 2 avalanches.
I had a 1999 SVT Cobra that was always in the shop, as well as a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd 4x4.

German cars suck, huh??!!
-I'm not sure what the person who made that statement drives, but I've been very happy with all 5 of the ones that I have owned.

I hate it for all the Mercedes, BMW and Porsche owners out there. They must be so disappointed in their bad fortune to be stuck with a 'Sucky' Car:rolleyes:

Pretty much..........I'm stuck working on that crap all day long. From the plastic water pumps used by BMW to oil leaking land rover's . I find it funny how european car owners think they have something.:rofl: Of course I'm just talking from real world problems that I am exposed to everyday. And for what I drive? Whatever I feel like taking home from the lot that day.