Tractor advise

glynr329

Been looking at used tractors with loader. Got it narrowed down to a Ford 2wd 3930 with 1800 hrs or Kubota L4060 4 wd with 450 hrs it is very nice tractor $6,000.00 more cost. Don't want to get a new one because I know me it will not get used. I have a John deer 950 4wd and a 3000 Ford but no power steering and no loader. Just want something with loader.

Last edited:

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
What size Kubota?

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
I'd go orange, but my knowledge is limited.

Juan De

I’d go with the kubota. If your going with a loader that 4wd will make all the difference. That kubota is a 40 horse I believe and are very good tractors, they don’t have as many hoses on the bottom of the tractor that could get hung up on stumps or anything. There is a company that makes a brush mower that attaches to the boom and will turn on its side and allow you to trim limbs off of trees as you ride roads on your property. My cousin just bought one. It is the next best thing since sliced bread.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Go with any brand of 4wd over any brand of 2wd. You will never regret it. The Ford and Kubota are both good machines, but you can get so, so much more use out of a 4wd.

treemanjohn

Banned
Everyone votes for the tractor they own. Regard us of which one you get I would go with 4 x 4. There will come a time in your tractor history when you will kick yourself for not getting it

62hunter

If you want a loader then 4x4 is the way to go. As stated before everyone has their own preference, research a little, look, test drive what you looking for after all it will be you driving it.

7 point

Kubota 4wd with a loader 4wd is a must with a loader .

glynr329

Talk to guy this afternoon probably get Kubota 4 wheel drive tomorrow. Said he would give end of year best deal. Will see what happens. Thanks for all the input.

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
Everyone votes for the tractor they own. Regard us of which one you get I would go with 4 x 4. There will come a time in your tractor history when you will kick yourself for not getting it
I have a Ford, a John Deere and a Kubota. I work with the Kubota, I work on the others.

glynr329

Hope the Kubota works out the same for me. I have a Ford and JD also. I have got my money out of both of them many many times. I can't say anything bad about either. Honestly just wanted a new toy with loader.

davidhelmly

Hope the Kubota works out the same for me. I have a Ford and JD also. I have got my money out of both of them many many times. I can't say anything bad about either. Honestly just wanted a new toy with loader.
You won't regret the Kubota.

Triple C

You won't regret the Kubota.
X2. Got a 2007 M4800 with FEL. Yet to spend a penny on it and I bought it used from a buddy going thru a divorce in 2014. I will say that a cab tractor is definitely in my future within the next couple of years and it will most likely be orange as well. Mid summer bush hogging in an open cab is just not as appealing as it once was.

Post up pics when you bring that thing home.

uturn

Mine is Green but I have several friends with the Orange ones...the one thing I would be certain of is that it does not have a bunch of electrical or computer stuff to deal with whatever you choose!

And, you can still get parts!

Good luck

Jim Boyd

Kubota makes excellent equipment.

bruiserbuckgrower

I dont post much but, I will say 4wd is a must, also color doesnt matter, I've run the **** out of all of them from older 3000 fords to brand new 9000 series J.D. in the woods, in the fields, and they all can break if not cared for. In all honesty look at the closest dealer with the best reputation for service and go with that color.

uturn

I dont post much but, I will say 4wd is a must, also color doesnt matter, I've run the **** out of all of them from older 3000 fords to brand new 9000 series J.D. in the woods, in the fields, and they all can break if not cared for. In all honesty look at the closest dealer with the best reputation for service and go with that color.

Great Advice!