trespassing neighboring kids and dog...what would you do?

sinclair1

wonder how @sinclair1 would react to those kids running in his Townlake yard like they owned it?
See post #18. My neighbors respected my effort in the grass, but I took precautions when we moved in. If you see a yard like I kept and let your kid stomp around in it, youre just a bad parent and need a beating. We are enjoying our new place with weeds and pine straw CEC59841-BC80-4FEC-A83C-F4F0F148EE91.jpeg

Last edited:

Geffellz18

I have kids pass through the yard from time to time-nothing regular-but a few years ago there was a family across the street with 4 kids and they would “live” in my yard. Never bothered me but the wife would get a little
concerned because of the liability issue mentioned….I told her to chill out-not long after, I had 4 super dedicated yard assistants! Anytime I was outside working in the yard and they were home not doing chores, they were over helping us out!
The new neighbors have a teenage girl and a few of her friends live across the corner…During these big rains we’ve had, they at times can be seen sliding down the water runoff ramp that flows into the retention ditch that happens to be in my front yard. No biggie. Kids being kids!
I’d personally be more annoyed by the parents/neighbors gabbing in the garage if I could hear their conversation!
Let those kids be kids!
When I was a kid, my cousins and I would walk down to fish this creek on a dirt road. The side we fished was on my grandfathers property, yet there was an old lady that lived at the corner of the main road(named after my family!) and the dirt road that thought that she owned the dirt road apparently…If she was home, she’d come out yelling at us from her yard and would then proceed to shoot her 22 over our heads…Some came pretty close as we could hear them as they flew over!
Was a crotchety ol’ hen she was!
Don’t be like her…

Last edited:

sinclair1

Let’s make a big push to let people and kids walk on the property you own. Maybe we can start with hunting land and quit posting pictures of kids at the gas station that walked on your food plot. :rofl:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Let’s make a big push to let people and kids walk on the property you own. Maybe we can start with hunting land and quit posting pictures of kids at the gas station that walked on your food plot. :rofl:
Dude, it doesn't bother me a bit for kids to walk across my land. I can assure you. Some people are just way too uptight and crochety. What good does a lawn do you if you can't walk on it, anyways? I'll take a kid hunting on my land if they don't have somebody else or somewhere else.

sinclair1

Our new weed filled yard with no one across the street and good clearance on the sides. I have to admit leaving the postage stamp high society neighborhood has eased my mind some.

Last edited:

sinclair1

Dude, it doesn't bother me a bit for kids to walk across my land. I can assure you. Some people are just way too uptight and crochety. What good does a lawn do you if you can't walk on it, anyways? I'll take a kid hunting on my land if they don't have somebody else or somewhere else.
You are old school property so it didn’t pertain to you. People say let kids be kids and then want to arrest someone on the hunt club property. Like I posted my neighbor had respect and at the lake I didn’t care if they used the dock because I didn’t work hard to make the grass nice, I had that place to stomp around and act like a kid myself.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
You are old school property so it didn’t pertain to you. People say let kids be kids and then want to arrest someone on the hunt club property. Like I posted my neighbor had respect and at the lake I didn’t care if they used the dock because I didn’t work hard to make the grass nice, I had that place to stomp around and act like a kid myself.
I grew up roaming all over creation, and it made me a better person. I wouldn't deny a kid today the same liberty. I would much rather a kid be trespassing on my land catching crawfish and building forts than sitting on their butts inside playing video games and making tiktok videos.

sinclair1

I will tell you exactly what Good having a high end property does. We blew town with 7 figures clear on just houses and set us up for easy living in the swamp. I now don’t care about my grass. We are working retired people at 54

Last edited:

sinclair1

I grew up roaming all over creation, and it made me a better person. I wouldn't deny a kid today the same liberty. I would much rather a kid be trespassing on my land catching crawfish and building forts than sitting on their butts inside playing video games and making tiktok videos.
Same here. Kids seem way move active here than the burbs

sinclair1

I might just go Turkey hunt some property across the street. I didn’t know people loosened up on property lines to the point trails in a guys yard are ok.
Big savings on dues there thanks

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I will tell you exactly what Good having a high end property does. We blew town with 7 figures clear on just houses and set us up for east living in the swamp. I now don’t care about my grass. We are working retired people at 54
Ain't worth years of misery to me.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Were we neighbors:unsure: Caught many a crawdad and salamander back in the day. Always wanted to eat the crawdads, but never did. :bounce: Followed a creek one day all day long and ended up on a beautiful sandy beach on the river. We kept that little beach a secret for a long time. Good times! :rockon:

sinclair1

Ain't worth years of misery to me.
As long as we are happy with our choices. I struggled thru making Atl money and we are done. I work now because I like to work.
how many more long drives you have for that small salary you claim you make?
I went the Quack route and think we did the right thing, but it’s debatable if 25 years in the city were worth it.
Ironically we are debt free and our salaries jumped up. Didn’t really plan that, but it’s a bonus.
Life is good!

Last edited:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
As long as we are happy with our choices. I struggled thru making Atl money and we are done. I work now because I like to work.
how many more long drives you have for that small salary you claim you make?
I went the Quack route and think we did the right thing, but it’s debatable if 25 years in the city were worth it.
I make long drives and don't make much money. But, I can come home in the evening and have peace, and do as I wish on my own place. Some things are worth more than money. Your mileage may vary.

sinclair1

I make long drives and don't make much money. But, I can come home in the evening and have peace, and do as I wish on my own place. Some things are worth more than money. Your mileage may vary.
I can do that now. The misery wasn’t all bad, the city living afforded a weekend place to enjoy. I only lived in the city during the work week.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
To each his own. If we all wanted the same thing we would fight much more often. I love the way I live but I couldn't give my home away to 90% of the population and that includes my kids. LOL

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
As much as I don't enjoy little kids (more so the responsibility of them) I dont have a problem with my neighbors kids playing in my yard and I dont have a problem slinging their toys back into their yard every few days.

However I also have zero issue with the OP's right to enjoy his private property and his right to keep it private.

How's that for a non answer?

outdoorman

For those who see the situation so lightly, I wonder if you would still see the humor if the noise, dog and pet poop, kids romping,banging things around, leaving their toys and food scraps also open urinating happened regularly in your yard?
When I was a kid, I did my share of playing outside but I was also respectful of others; if I stepped out of line, my mother would have straightened me out pronto.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
For those who see the situation so lightly, I wonder if you would still see the humor if the noise, dog and pet poop, kids romping,banging things around, leaving their toys and food scraps also open urinating happened regularly in your yard?
When I was a kid, I did my share of playing outside but I was also respectful of others; if I stepped out of line, my mother would have straightened me out pronto.
When I was a kid, everyone in town had permission to straiten me out. Then by the time I got home they had call Mom so I got it twice.