Truck Question

krizia829

Hey guys I figured I'd ask here because there seems to be more responses..

I have a 2018 Silverado 1500 2WD. I know NOTHING about cars/trucks (lol) But...
I've noticed sometimes when I turn the wheel (usually when backing up) I hear a clunk sometimes in the front of the truck and sometimes in the back. Also, I've noticed sometimes it happens when I go over even the smallest of a bump or hole in the street when I go slow such as parking or turning in a lot.. Any idea what can cause this? I bought it new a year ago and I don't know if it's a common problem or not..

I appreciate any information!

Cook&Bro

Suggest posting this in "Woddy's Campfire \ Everything Motorized

rosewood

Hey guys I figured I'd ask here because there seems to be more responses..

I have a 2018 Silverado 1500 2WD. I know NOTHING about cars/trucks (lol) But...
I've noticed sometimes when I turn the wheel (usually when backing up) I hear a clunk sometimes in the front of the truck and sometimes in the back. Also, I've noticed sometimes it happens when I go over even the smallest of a bump or hole in the street when I go slow such as parking or turning in a lot.. Any idea what can cause this? I bought it new a year ago and I don't know if it's a common problem or not..

I appreciate any information!
Could be any number of things. Sounds like something in your suspension/steering that needs to be replaced. Could be ball joints, tie rod ends, sway bar bushing etc. Need to get under there and see what is wore out or loose to determine. However, being a new vehicle, there shouldn't be anything wore out. Maybe something is loose?? Same usual suspects I imagine I listed above.

Rosewood

rosewood

krizia829

Could be any number of things. Sounds like something in your suspension/steering that needs to be replaced. Could be ball joints, tie rod ends, sway bar bushing etc. Need to get under there and see what is wore out or loose to determine. However, being a new vehicle, there shouldn't be anything wore out. Maybe something is loose?? Same usual suspects I imagine I listed above.

Rosewood

Also for some reason didn't think of the warranty part lol but I will contact the dealer and see what they say! I'm dreading having to wait so long there.. But gotta take advantage of that warranty! Thanks for your thoughts of what it may be! Gives me a better idea of what it may be

Eudora

Crazy to think a truck so new would have a worn out part but I will contact the dealer. Thank you!

May not be so crazy to think that afterall. One thing ALL light truck manufacturers have elected to do is take the "weight" out of these chassis suspension components the last few years to meet CAFE gas mileage standards. They are not as "beefy" as what was the norm years ago. To them, just has to last "2 years and a day". Some aftermarket brands design the replacements to be same OE design while some others take the opportunity to make them better. I would definitely have this checked by the dealer if under warranty.