Turkey Challenge 250 Post Perspective

georgiabuckbuster

I will not be joining in on the challenge this year guys last year i was more of a hindrance than anything i had no birds and tagged out the year before that. The rules and stuff have all kinda changed and all that so im out for this year.

Romo

I will be joining when I reach me post count. What part of the rules changes are you not joining because of?

georgiabuckbuster

I just dont like being able to only enter 12 birds. And all this special pics having to take just to join? What is the point behind that?

georgiabuckbuster

Its no big deal. It was fun when i did it. 2010 was a great year for me and i had an awesome team of Hoppie and Shawn Mills and a few others. A couple of us tagged out and we won that year. Last year I didnt get to hunt nowhere near as much and didnt have the land to hunt i had before. This year i have the land back and its loaded with birds but i still doubt i will have the time.

The Fever

I just dont like being able to only enter 12 birds. And all this special pics having to take just to join? What is the point behind that?

Read the posts by turkeyed and you will understand....

georgiabuckbuster

he states that it will eliminate fly bys. How is that going to eliminate fly bys? anyone can take a pic of themselves holding a turkey feather and holding a piece of paper stating that they killed 27 turkeys in 2010 and 15 in 2011. Just sayin.

mtstephens18

he states that it will eliminate fly bys. How is that going to eliminate fly bys? anyone can take a pic of themselves holding a turkey feather and holding a piece of paper stating that they killed 27 turkeys in 2010 and 15 in 2011. Just sayin.

mainly because people that dont wanna even put forth the effort to prove they know how to post the picture at sign up, then why would they put forth the effort to stay in contact with their team , i mean come on. people are making this year a big deal because of having to post one picture and getting the required posts:huh: i signed up , im computer illiterate, its not very hard to do

turkeyed

The 12 bird limit is simple. This limit is in place to allow for the competition to be closer at the end. A team could enter a limit even if 1 member does not kill a bird. Also the teams that get close to a limit near the end it will be strategy on whether or not to enter a 5 point bird or wait to see if they can get bonus points.

As far as the new sign-up rules. I made a post before the challenge was started asking members what they would like to see changed. Most members wanted to see a higher post count required. Numerous members wanted to have the members post a pic to sign-up. Reasons for the pic being required were:
1. Effort- this requires members that want to sign up to put forth an amount of effort to enter the contest, rather than just posting I'm inand never returning. Point being if the member put forth the effort required to post the pic they will most likely put forth effort during the challenge.
2. Ability to post pics- In the past we have had members sign-up for the challenge that could not or did not know how to post a pic. I dont think I need to explain the problem with that.

The rules were not changed to exclude anyone. I merely want members to participate that will be active on the forum. Anyone that has been a part of this and had a teammate that never showed up or did not post after sign-up will attest to this. This challenge to a means to met other members and make new friends.

That being said, I hope that everyone has a safe, fun, and gobble filled season.

georgiabuckbuster

I know where your coming from but even then someone can do all the required stuff to join and then still not even try throughout the season. Im not trying to argue and its starting to seem like it so im just going to leave it alone guys. I hope everyone has a great season and has tons of fun in the challenge.

deebo

I plan on improving my "post presence" and working on my turkey hunting skills over the next year. Hopefully, I will be eligible for next year. I certainly understand the 250 post requirement and the other requirements.

Ricochet

After reading how some members have made a choice not to join the challenge just because they've never killed a bird, it made me want to give y'all my perspective on it. My first challenge 4 yrs ago (3 man teams instead of 5) I was fortunate enough to be able to kill 3 birds and be able to successfully enter them into the challenge. Just killing a bird is the first step.There are certain requirements to successfully enter a bird into the challenge and needless to say I had worries about being able to pull this off. One of the guys that was on my team (RICOCHET) did not kill a single bird that year but hunted his rear off all year from beginning to end of season and continued to stay in contact with our team. The other teammate did not kill a bird and unfortunately had very little contact with us (he may have hunted his rear off also, however we didn't hear much from him so you can only wonder). RICOCHET sincerely apologized for not being able to take a bird that year and I told him that due to the fact that he hunted his rear off I would take him for a teammate anytime, birds or no birds. After that year we were able to get together in person several times to hunt. I took him to a piece of public land that I've had a lot of success on and I was able to take a bird while me, him, and his son were all together on this hunt. We were fortunate enough to be drawn again together last year with him taking 3 birds and successfuly entering them and me taking 2 birds with the same success. I guess the point I'm trying to make is if you're dedicated to hunting turkeys, sign up for the challenge and be a part of the team. If you kill a bird, or if you don't kill a bird, at least make an effort for your team and you've done your part. You never know what kind of friendships you can make from something as simple as a turkey challenge.
I just noticed this thread - well said my friend! :cheers:

Latest posts