Turkey hunting skills

How would you rank your turkey hunting skills?

• Freshman

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Sophmore

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Junior

Votes: 16 25.8%
  • Senior

Votes: 17 27.4%

• Total voters

hawglips

Banned
Every day in the woods is a learning experience. That's one of the things that makes turkey hunting so fun.

Show me someone who thinks they know all there is to know about turkey hunting and I'll show you a nincompoop.

Hal

dutchman

I sure ain't a senior when it comes to turkeys. I like to think I know a lot, but the truth is, we all get beat more often than not. Humility compells me to vote Freshman, even though I've been at it awhile.

Limb Hanger

Since no one else has typed anything out of 15 seniors I guess I will. I think this past spring I hunted ~45 days, this is starting in the low country of SC and ending the season in Late May in NE. I filled the void in the middle with NC, GA, MO. Most of these days I was carring clients, or my wife! SO I had some pretty good pressure on me to produce. Not only do I spend alot of time in the woods trying to catch him on the right day but my turkey season never really ends.......year round I'm blowing/building calls getting ready for contest. I've won several state, local, regional contest, and have placed in some national contest. Alot of folks say calling is only 10% of killing a turkey, not to me. After hunting with Benny Briggs ~8 yr ago I saw what taking your calling to the next level could do for your spring success. I've heard folks say that contest calling doesn't kill turkeys......that may be true in Duck calling but not in the spring woods!

Now saying all of that you guys do remimber failling a test when you were a senior, right? I still occasionally don't study enough and have my rear handed to me! :bounce: