Turkey scouting

turkeyhunter835

BANNED !!!
Good find!!! I started scouting last week, went again today, seen 11 and a good bit of sign in one area.... didnt see so much where I normally do, but that will change by spring.

Buckman18

I'm sure you know of this place... not sure if ya been there. Sheffield
Never been there!! Those pics looked similar to that area we talked about last year. (y)

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I hear ya, Wayne. The last two weekends I’ve gone to Big Lazer Creek WMA and scouted. I have my own land but I love that place. Used to hunt there a lot back in the late eighties and early nineties with my dad and my uncle and I have some great memories of camping and hunting on that place. Both my dad and my uncle are gone now but I feel close to them there and it’s up to me to keep the tradition alive. Every spot I’ve scouted there has been a little better than the one before. General hunting doesn’t open there until late April and I’m not in on a quota hunt but I’m still going to give it a shot.

WishboneW

I have hunted Big Lazer a few times for deer and got drawn for a quota once bout 15 years ago. Now that I am retired I hope to put in late season time there. Beautiful place

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I have hunted Big Lazer a few times for deer and got drawn for a quota once bout 15 years ago. Now that I am retired I hope to put in late season time there. Beautiful place
It surely is. I love it.

Timber1

BANNED
I would hang my turkey stand in that dark looking tree on the left side in the background. The wind should blow your scent up and away from them. You could pin your decoys to the sides of the tree below you. Have them facing the tree like they are pecking the trunk for bugs. Turkeys love fresh trunk bugs first thing in the morning. You can make pecking noises with a box or mouth call. I like to use my natural voice though. It sounds more... uhh, natural.