UGA QB recruiting.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I just hope Eason develops some touch over the off season.

This. ^

I agree and I do not want him to fail. I want him to be the best we ever had and for Fromm to learn from him and be ready to step right in....

And this.^

All Eason lacks is some pass protection and some touch on the ball. Give him the one and he will develop the other. Fromm will learn from him and be ready to take the helm when Eason goes pro.

Hardwoods

I agree and I do not want him to fail. I want him to be the best we ever had and for Fromm to learn from him and be ready to step right in....

Totally agree! And in the event Eason doesn't have the expected development next year then Fromm should not be much of a drop off, if any, after he gets some experience

westcobbdog

I just hope Eason develops some touch over the off season.

Yep, it was maddening to watch him overthrow 15-20 yard outs by 10 yards maybe 70% of the time. He struggled with those throws mightily. Like Matt Ryan, within 2 seconds that ball needs to be outta his hand most throws. Good QB play starts with our OL.

brownceluse

Yep, it was maddening to watch him overthrow 15-20 yard outs by 10 yards maybe 70% of the time. He struggled with those throws mightily. Like Matt Ryan, within 2 seconds that ball needs to be outta his hand most throws. Good QB play starts with our OL.

Your last sentence is the key. Happy feet, release to early or late along with touch and zip all starts with trust in the wall he's standing behind.

westcobbdog

Your last sentence is the key. Happy feet, release to early or late along with touch and zip all starts with trust in the wall he's standing behind.

abit of topic but its scary to think what the Falcons will do with their current weapons once they improve their OL, even if just slightly.

Won't mater Fromm is ready to go.........:cheers:

Bucky is still upset the Vols imploded and no one know's who there backup to Dobbs is going to be..

FootLongDawg

Eason has ALL the problems stated here especially holding the ball too long, PLUS throws to the wrong (covered) man all the time. You cant really see it on TV, but at the stadium it stands out like a sore thumb. I hope Kirby has a short leash on him this year,. Opposing teams have got to be afraid of our passing game to help our running game.

westcobbdog

Eason has ALL the problems stated here especially holding the ball too long, PLUS throws to the wrong (covered) man all the time. You cant really see it on TV, but at the stadium it stands out like a sore thumb. I hope Kirby has a short leash on him this year,. Opposing teams have got to be afraid of our passing game to help our running game.

Tru Dat and we need to display this weapon game 1. Heck I hope Chaney is smart enough to mix up our Power I with some stuff the Coon's were running....

lbzdually

Banned
Over/under Eason has a season ending injury

That was the main point of my thread. UGA will have 2 scholarship QB's after this year no matter what, and if Eason goes down this year, UGA will have Fromm and Ramsey. Most of that is Richt's fault, but recruiting a top QB should be a lock for 2018 with the OL class Smart just had.

CamoDawg85

Tight ends, fullbacks and passes to the RB's in the flats seemed to turn small gains into chunks of yards last year. I hope we increase the usage of these style plays more so this season. GO DAWGS and HAPPY FRIDAY BROS!!!!!!!!

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
This

I've never understood why Ga fans get so riled up about losing in state talent. Plenty of talent in the neighboring states. Heck, alot of these kids would rather attend college away from home.

As an example why

Deshaun Watson--Gainesville Georgia
Josh dobbs--Alpharetta Georgia

What did Georgia have during that time? Other than pooch kick richt and two running backs that should have been heisman candidates that suffered almost life altering injuries because they were the only option for the offense?

Last edited:

westcobbdog

Tight ends, fullbacks and passes to the RB's in the flats seemed to turn small gains into chunks of yards last year. I hope we increase the usage of these style plays more so this season. GO DAWGS and HAPPY FRIDAY BROS!!!!!!!!

Sony Michel creates all kinda match up problems trying to cover him with a LB. He could be similar to Coleman running routes down the sidelines. Hope to see more of this than the slow developing deep balls where our line has to give the QB a lot of time.