Unofficial Tuesday night grub.......whatcha rolling with on this Taco Tuesday ????

Dub

Post 'em up when conjure them up.

Let's see what yer working with on Taco Tuesday.

I'm blessed to have this glorious day off work to chill 'n grill some and hang out with the wife & dogs. It's like being retired......almost. :rofl:

Looking forward to seeing what the fine folks here roll with tonight. Cravings get flung 'round here at the drop of a hat.

Elfi messed me up bigtime with his last chicken post. I'm gonna do some proper yardbird tomorrow.

Today....though.....heading in a different direction.

A little South of the Border action.

Dub

This will be my main dish for Taco Tuesday.

I got 'em on the giddy up right now.

Nothing left but the crying.....

Little monsta is coming around and dang near ready to cook something.

Last edited:

GA1dad

Cold beer, pintos and a Weber Jumbo Joe,,, I like where this is going!!!

I was in the mood for some rabbit food myself.

20180821_175308.jpg

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
We're going to have leftover Brunswick stew and chicken thighs from my "Protein" cook thread. Mrs. elfiii ricked up some serious Brunswick stew.

Dub

Cold beer, pintos and a Weber Jumbo Joe,,, I like where this is going!!!

I was in the mood for some rabbit food myself.

View attachment 940706

Looks like a proper salad !!!!!

We're going to have leftover Brunswick stew and chicken thighs from my "Protein" cook thread. Mrs. elfiii ricked up some serious Brunswick stew.

Sounds great. I'm sure that was some hearty Brunswick Stew !!!

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Everything looks mighty good. I had a ham sammich.

Reactions: Dub

Dub

My Grandad would've cuffed me for leaving so much on these cobs.

Was in a hurry......had a turn in time that I was trying to meet.....and actually did !!!

Wife demanded corn salad again........figured it'd be a decent toping on tacos or fajitas.....they seem to be liking it.

Did some shicken & beef filler for the tacos & fajitas......basic stuff....seasoned normally.

The real deal no kiddin' crown of this particular meal was the pintos.....which had been seasoned as they cooked.....and then drained......and smashed into a paste-like form.....and re-fried in a skillet and topped with cheeses & spices. Lawd have mercy the taste tests were each ended with a fist pump !!!

Getting outa the way and letting them make their plates now.

Dub

That looks great!

Thank you.....I'm really pleased the the preliminary results for the refried beans.

Haven't had a batch yet......but my tribe just told me they were killer. Wife said she simply wanted a bowl of those for lunch or dinner.

That right there makes it worthwhile. I normally just dumped 'em outa a can......not this time. Glad to see they could taste the difference.

Dub

Mater Sammich
It was tolerable

Oh yes.....had 'em fer dinner before.

A little S&P on the mater.....some Duke's on the bread and it was all good.

Bourbon glazed salmon with pan seared scallops, white rice, and sautéed yellow squash.

Dude.......you have some off-the-chart cooking skills and always make dishes that are grand slam home runs. Bourbon glaze + salmon + scallops = Game winner !!!!

Kicking it simple here......trying a couple dishes that'll likely make it into my family's "Dad don't change it" list. :rofl:

The corn salad is a keeper......and the homebrew frijoles are way, way better than the canned stuff.....and not hard to cook....just take some time. A Dutch oven, crockpot or other would likely dial it in with ease.

Made my plate and stuffed myself with it.

Just realized that there i zero meat on that plate. Dangitman.....I'll rectify this at breakfast. :)

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
YHFP made up some hamburger steaks here with sauteed Vidalias, stuffed baked taters, and garlic bread. Fried up in #Rooster, the 50's vintage cast iron. My belly is very happy now.

hbsteak2.jpg

Dub

Getting late.

About to head towards the bedroom and watch some Hannity and sleep.

¡Hasta mananna!

VANCE

chicken in a pan....i had the KJ fired up but a down pour started about 3mins before I was gonna throw them on
2v2JdUWhnxurAoi.jpg

dfhooked

Lord Dub that’s a taco Tuesday for for a king. I decided that tacos would hit the spot today as well. Took some chicken strips and tossed em in Everglades heat and some crystal and into the oven for about 18 minutes. Sautéed some onions, peppers and shrooms and tossed em into a lettuce wrap. C8570F36-97A5-491E-9358-A20BC39D53D3.jpegD02065E7-93EE-4747-848B-A8D3A9330320.jpegB82E14EF-37A5-4222-BD31-1A512B392C7F.jpeg470D1082-D7FA-4A04-88DE-422DD229ED50.jpeg