UPDATE Free Thanksgiving Country Ham.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Well folks Thanksgiving is up on us again. Dont ask me where the last year went, cause I seemed to have missed it. Starting a little early this year, so that the winner can have the ham in time to cook for dinner on Thanksgiving if they would like. All you got to do is post, and share your favorite memory, traditions, what you are thankful for or recipes. There will be a random drawing that will include each person that post. Post as often as you like, but everybody that post, name will got in the hat one time. Hope all of you have a great Thanksgiving, and remember what we all have to be thankful for. The guessing will be closed on 11-21. UPDATE: The winner of the ham is Milkman.

Last edited:

joepuppy

I'll start this show. The list of what I am thankful for goes out the door and down the hall. It's been a rough one in our home, with both myself, my wife, and my daughter having surgeries this year. Still more to come on the 18th. of the month for my daughter. We are all healing well, and back to a somewhat normal routine. I am thankful to the good Lord to be where we are. I am truly a blessed man. The thanksgiving tradition is fried turkey at our house, and ham at my parents. My favorite item of the day is dressing (not stuffing!), and a sweet potato souffle/bake my wife has perfected. Summer and fall usually have me out west on fires for weeks at a time, so fall and Thanksgiving I relish being at home, hunting, and spending time with my family. I am thankful no one is missing from our table this year.

redeli

"Useless Billy Coach"
To this day I still get up and watch the parades on television.There are many things that I am thankful for but after last year I am extremely thankful to have my health.I cherish every day I can get up and walk around on Gods wonderful earth

Last edited:

Cmp1

BANNED
Another great thing your doing Boss,,,,thank you,,,,

I'm grateful for so many things,the health of my family,heat in this time of cold up here in the tundra ????,the great friends I have met here on Woody's,,,,we'll have another great turkey this year,but really love the sweet potato bake with marshmallows,and of course the pumpkin pie with real whipped cream,,,,am thankful for all,,,,just wish I could get my family up here,,,,

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten

TJay

I'm thankful for the childhood memories of Thanksgiving now that most of my family has passed on. It is my brother and I and a few distant cousins but we are making new Thanksgiving memories except now I'm in the adult role. (imagine that). My wife and I have a goofy tradition, every year on one of the evenings leading up to turkey day we watch the movie "Planes Trains and Automobiles", with Steve Martin and John Candy. It is a very funny movie about Steve Martin's character trying to make it home for Thanksgiving. I'll bet we've seen it a couple of dozen times at least.

I'm thankful my son is alive to have Thanksgiving with his Mom, sister, and I. He was shot 3 times and carjacked in Milledgeville on Feb. 11. He was a student at Georgia College.
https://www.unionrecorder.com/news/...cle_ab7fd676-2fe0-11e9-b3cd-3b193e8d3ab5.html

Wow!

police and JAG probation officers had been searching for Hall because he was wanted on four outstanding felony warrants,

You should sue the cops! This piece of garbage shouldn't be out of jail!

Hopefully your son's healing is going well!

j_seph

Thank you and for people like you.

I am thankful for a loving and forgiving father. After 10 years of my Father in heaven getting myself and my late wife through brain surgeries, and chemo one thing she said was " I know God has a plan, we may not like it but he has a plan." That has stuck with me since 2003. It never made much sense till after she passed away. I did some dumb stuff, some stupid stuff, and other things that I am ashamed of. My loving Father convicted me one night, I would not listen and went on with what I was about to do because that was what I wanted to do and it made me happy. Maybe a year later what I thought I had wanted to do that made me happy really became a burden and days and nights of far from being happy. It took me reaching out to my Loving Father, seeking him because I was miserable. In all of that I ended up getting married, 3 step kids the youngest now 18 and the oldest 23. The 23 year old has given me a soninlaw, and the most handsome grandson I could ask for. The 18 year old is coming around slowly. The 20 year daughter is my pride and joy. She has been such a huge part of the last 3 1/2 years of my life. We have grown together in such a short time that I am her Dad and she is my daughter, a bond that is so strong. I could be thankful for all of that and I am. However it all goes back to a Loving Father because without him I would not have any of this to be thankful for.

bhaynes

I've been going to my grandma's house on Thanksgiving since I was a young boy. All the cousins would be there and we'd target practice and squirrel hunt in the afternoon. A table of food like I've never seen. My grandparents are gone now but we still go there where my two unmarried aunts still live. They're both in they're mid-nineties and can still cook just as good as always. So thankful for family!

Tom W.

As stated earlier, thank you for your generosity.

I'm thankful that z determined doctor did enough work to discover my colon cancer, and the people at the CTCA in Newnan didn't give up on me.
I'm also very thankful for the wife that God saw fit to endow me with. Without her I'd just be a memory....

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
So thankful your son is recovering.
Terrible experience for him & your family to suffer.
Glad they got the piece of garbage & hopefully this time he'll go to prison for a long time!

Wow!
You should sue the cops! This piece of garbage shouldn't be out of jail!

Hopefully your son's healing is going well!
@Slayer, cops don't put people on probation. The judicial system does.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I'm thankful for the childhood memories of Thanksgiving now that most of my family has passed on. It is my brother and I and a few distant cousins but we are making new Thanksgiving memories except now I'm in the adult role. (imagine that). My wife and I have a goofy tradition, every year on one of the evenings leading up to turkey day we watch the movie "Planes Trains and Automobiles", with Steve Martin and John Candy. It is a very funny movie about Steve Martin's character trying to make it home for Thanksgiving. I'll bet we've seen it a couple of dozen times at least.

TJay, my old memories were about my Grandparents, and the wonderful smell of food cooking in that 100 year old house. In the afternoon, my dad and I would go quail hunting on that old farm, and be in birds, until we came in.