Useles Billy done shot #1321 critters with his .223

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
JB those quartz points were the first ones I found and trained my eye to spot.

I am always super stoked to find a non-quartz anything!

We have fount, I think, 5 around here that weren't quartz. But, I always say "u cain't pick ur injuns." Im just happy to find n hold something that was created n last held by a feller 1000's of years ago who was as interested in living on this land as I am.

Raylander

I’m Billy’s Useles Uncle.
We have fount, I think, 5 around here that weren't quartz. But, I I always say "u cain't pick ur injuns." Im just happy to find n hold something that was created n last help by a MONKEY 1000's of years ago who was as interested in livingon this land as I am.
I got your back Jb

RamblinWreck88

Useles Billy ain’t got nothing on ME !
I have never fount an obsidian point. Only chert n quartz. I think Flint is chert? If not, I have fount flint points here too.
Flint is a variety chert. Chert is one of the many varieties of quartz.

RamblinWreck88

We have fount, I think, 5 around here that weren't quartz. But, I always say "u cain't pick ur injuns." Im just happy to find n hold something that was created n last held by a feller 1000's of years ago who was as interested in living on this land as I am.
I pondered over the obsidian point for a long time, thinking how there ain't no obsidian nowhere near here, so somebody had to trade for it some way or another.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
I pondered over the obsidian point for a long time, thinking how there ain't no obsidian nowhere near here, so somebody had to trade for it some way or another.

From what I understand, the cream colored chert is from SE GA? That means it had to be traded for as well. Who knows how much of that stuff was floated up n down the hooch n other rivers until it got to the local injuns who used it. I don't live far from the hooch, so there much have been a lotta trade. I don't think the Flint is from around here either, just not as foreign as that cream colored chert is.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
Just yall wait, I gots over 80 wooden fence posts on my place, not including the 30 or 40 old juans I ain't neva ripped down. When I git to shootin' em ain't GON be no stoppin' me.

RamblinWreck88

I wonder how many .223 shots a fence post will take?

Status
Not open for further replies.