Wagyu A5 and Surf & Turf...

Tight Lines

Had a little business dinner to attend last night...the CEO secured the private room at Buckhead Butcher Shop for about 12 of us...the chef is a former Bone's head chef...

I never eat wagyu beef, but this stuff from Miyazaki Prefecture was amazing...we had it as an appetizer, and then the chef cooked the steaks for surf and turf in the fat from the wagyu...

Way out of my price range, but it was pretty tasty...this place, which I've never been to, has some serious cuts of meat and dry aging capabilities...

I'll have to go back...

IMG_8111.JPGIMG_8112.JPGIMG_8113.JPGIMG_8114.JPG

Tight Lines

That looks so good!:clap: Never had wagyu beef either. But it WILL happen some day.
It's way too expensive for me unless someone else is expensing it. I think that one they cooked for us was over $200, maybe more...ridiculous for a cut of beef. But it melts in your mouth...it's a status thing to the Japanese I suppose...first time I ever had it, and it was tasty...

I'd take a good burger any day though, especially if I was picking up the tab...or a porterhouse sliced up for the family...

I like to try new things, and glad I joined the dinner...more to see old friends than anything...but I also like to hear the chef talk about the concepts and techniques, and the chef there knows how to cook a steak...it was interesting to hear his description of everything we ate...it was an experience...

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
It's way too expensive for me unless someone else is expensing it. I think that one they cooked for us was over $200, maybe more...ridiculous for a cut of beef. But it melts in your mouth...it's a status thing to the Japanese I suppose...first time I ever had it, and it was tasty...

I'd take a good burger any day though, especially if I was picking up the tab...or a porterhouse sliced up for the family...

I like to try new things, and glad I joined the dinner...more to see old friends than anything...but I also like to hear the chef talk about the concepts and techniques, and the chef there knows how to cook a steak...it was interesting to hear his description of everything we ate...it was an experience...
Yikes.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Yeah. I checked them out a while back and they run from $85.00 from some place I can't spell to $365.00 for a Kobe A5. This is for a 10 ounce 3/8 inch thick ribeye (prefered size in Japan). I thick you can order a ribeye roast from Costco for $1500.00 to $2500.00 + shipping.

Waddams

Umm...what would the name of that establishment be? My company is planning several high end events right now (including for our CEO and COO), and if I can guide us to a place like that, get to attend, and have it paid for by the company, I'd certainly like to!!

Tight Lines

Umm...what would the name of that establishment be? My company is planning several high end events right now (including for our CEO and COO), and if I can guide us to a place like that, get to attend, and have it paid for by the company, I'd certainly like to!!
Buckhead Butcher Shop...

I'd never been, seriously expensive cuts of meat, with a special dining room off to the side (not a restaurant, only events).

They have a website you can whizbang it...

specialk

you should have took a bite then ask for some ketchup and watch the looks on er'bodys faces!!

sinclair1

Had a little business dinner to attend last night...the CEO secured the private room at Buckhead Butcher Shop for about 12 of us...the chef is a former Bone's head chef...

I never eat wagyu beef, but this stuff from Miyazaki Prefecture was amazing...we had it as an appetizer, and then the chef cooked the steaks for surf and turf in the fat from the wagyu...

Way out of my price range, but it was pretty tasty...this place, which I've never been to, has some serious cuts of meat and dry aging capabilities...

I'll have to go back...

View attachment 1234733View attachment 1234734View attachment 1234735View attachment 1234736
Imported a A5 a few years ago and made a thread in it. Good stuff

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Buckhead Butcher Shop...

I'd never been, seriously expensive cuts of meat, with a special dining room off to the side (not a restaurant, only events).

They have a website you can whizbang it...

If the word "Buckhead" is in the title of the business, you can't afford it. :bounce:

And to think when I grew up just past Lenox Square before it was Lenox Square, Buckhead was "the sticks" and everybody who lived there was a "hayseed".

DynamicDennis

I prefer the strip loin for A5, but realistically it is too rich to enjoy much of. I prefer the AMERICAN Wagyu. A couple weeks ago made 1 18oz A5 strip steak, and 3 24oz American Wagyu Ribsteaks for my 40th B-day.I cooked the A5 first on 500' akorn, cast iron, bacon fat. Followed up the American in same pan, added a little Rosemary. Sliced the A5 thin, and enjoyed like an appetizer. Was most excellent. The ribsteaks only got seared in the pan, finished in oven to 123-125'