want to take my kids bream fishing

Hoyt man

anybody have a good little farm pond that they need some bream caught out of? I have a 9 and 7 yr old who love to fish but kind of still have to be kept busy to keep there attention. I am willing to pay if anyone is willing to help me out... thanks jason

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
I donot have access to a private pond but I can tell you that The hollis Lathem Reservoir has good fishing in it and it is located in Dawson County There is an article about it in this last issue of GON(got a good number of catfish as well)

weagle

Hoytman, Charlie Elliot wma is only a few miles from you and the bream should be hitting. I'd get some crickets and fish around the smaller lakes till you find a bed. Some of the lakes might be open for kids only and are a good bet.
Good Luck,
Weagle

red tail

GONetwork Member
i think there is a pound open only for kids at charlie elliot. A tube of crickets will catch them at any of there lakes.

Randy

Is Thomaston too far a drive for you? When do you want to go?

Jasper

Hoyt,

The guys are right about Charlie Elliott (Marben Farms), especially since you're in Covington and it's close. You can catch bream in any of the lakes there and the great thing is that when the kid's get bored at one lake, you can be at another one in just a few minutes. Red wigglers or crickets will do the trick. We catch more big ones fishing tight line off the bottom, but late and early a cricket under a float is tough to beat.

Try Whitetail, Fox, Bennett or Lower Raleigh. Lower Raleigh is my favorite.

Good luck!