Water at deer camp

7 point

What do yall do for keeping water at camp ?when your camp dont have running water.

7 point

I'm taking up 4, 7 gallon containers 4, 6 gallon containers and half a 55gallon drum.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Rig the 55 gal drum with a faucet near the bottom and leave it at camp. Add water to it every time you come back from somewhere. A little bleach (% available on the Internet) along and you should have plenty.

Buck70

Does your travel trailer have a freshwater tank and pump? If so, get a food grade plastic 55 gal drum and put a hose bib in it. Mount it on a stand so that the hose bib is above the freshwater intake of the trailer. Use a section of hose to connect to the trailer. If it doesn't have a freshwater tank and pump, install a small pump between the drum and intake with a switch. Turn the switch on when you need water in the trailer. To refill the drum, use a battery powered siphon to transfer water from a barrel or bucket. I hope this makes sense.

Hillbilly stalker

A couple of those plastic Jerry cans ( 5 gallons I believe ) should work. We do that and take a case of bottled water to drink. You can put a black plastic trash bag over the Jerry can and set it in the sun, you then have warm water to take a bird bath with afore dark.

7 point

Does your travel trailer have a freshwater tank and pump? If so, get a food grade plastic 55 gal drum and put a hose bib in it. Mount it on a stand so that the hose bib is above the freshwater intake of the trailer. Use a section of hose to connect to the trailer. If it doesn't have a freshwater tank and pump, install a small pump between the drum and intake with a switch. Turn the switch on when you need water in the trailer. To refill the drum, use a battery powered siphon to transfer water from a barrel or bucket. I hope this makes sense.
I've been just bringing some of those blue water containers full from Walmart I'm headed to camp in the morning I've got half a 55 gallon drum full ,one 15 gallon, 4 7 gallon, and 5. 6 gallon containers. I'm going to leave the 55 gallon drum and just bring the 6 and 7 gallon containers back and forth . I got some liquid pool chlorine to add to the water

7 point

I bought a small 110volt pump from harbor freight