Water backing up from beavers and city drainage

sghoghunter

Are the beaver dams on your property? If they are, it's going to be hard to prove that city is responsible.

The dams are not on my property but the drainage ditch is. The drainage ditch goes down the east side to my north property line then goes west along the line. About 200yds the road crosses the ditch and where the dams are is about 30 feet across my line.

sghoghunter

That don't really work most of the time. They will be bringing sticks, limbs, mud, etc to patch the dam and will clog up the conibear before they go through it. You could set a a foothold on a drowner ( #4 or larger) back from the dam enough that they would step in it with a back foot when they are repairing the dam.

Wished I were closer. I would help you out.

I went back and checked on the dams at dinner and they did repair one last night. I done some more looking and actually found two trails coming out of the pond between a couple trees. Could I set a couple conibears between the tree or would I be better off with snares

Doug B.

I went back and checked on the dams at dinner and they did repair one last night. I done some more looking and actually found two trails coming out of the pond between a couple trees. Could I set a couple conibears between the tree or would I be better off with snares
You could set either one. I don't know what size conibears you have. If they are bigger than 9"x9" they have to be within 10 feet of the water. Snares must be within 10 feet as well. Also, if there are several beavers there they will get wise to the conibears pretty quick. So to get them all you may have to change tactics. Go to the trapping forum on here and keep us informed!!!

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Just my opinion.
I would not set any trap on another persons property.
Conibears kill instantly, whether it is a beaver, cat, dog, coon.
Sounds like you need to work with the property owner or take them to court and force them to remedy it.

Doug B.

Just my opinion.
I would not set any trap on another persons property.
Conibears kill instantly, whether it is a beaver, cat, dog, coon.
Sounds like you need to work with the property owner or take them to court and force them to remedy it.
There is nothing wrong with setting on another person's property as long as you have written permission from the landowner. That would be much easier if the other property owner is agreeable to it than going to court. Course some people are hard to get along with and court may be the only option. I hope it all works out.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
There is nothing wrong with setting on another person's property as long as you have written permission from the landowner. That would be much easier if the other property owner is agreeable to it than going to court. Course some people are hard to get along with and court may be the only option. I hope it all works out.
The permission was a given.
My main point was not to set a conibear where anything other than intended species can get in it.