Weekend cooks at the farm

Triple C

Left the house in Acworth bout 7:00 a.m. Saturday morn and headed toward the farm in Oglethorpe County. Stopped by Bells in Lexington and picked up a small butt and full slab of ribs.

Fired up the Traeger bout 10:00. Set the temp at 225 and put the butt n ribs on after rubbing em down with salt, pepper n Stripling's pork rub.
Lightin Traeger.jpg

Traeger Temp.jpg

Butt n Ribs on Traeger.jpg

Let em smoke for 3.5 hrs and then wrapped the ribs in foil. Bout 5 hrs in I put the butt in foil pan and wrapped in foil.
3 hrs in cook.jpg

Little man was busy doing work on his lil Gator while the cook was going on. Had his side kick ridin' in the back.
IMG_3196.jpg

Pulled the butt when internal temp reached 190 degrees. Pulled a bit of the fat cap off and had a little sample. Don't see a lot of pellet smoker users on here. If you ever want to add another grill to your arsenal consider a wood pellet grill. Going on 3 years and love this thing. Set the temp and it will fluctuate bout 10 degrees either side of where you set it and throw a lot of smoke on your meat. Truly a set temp and forget it until you're ready to pull the meat.
Butt Cooked.jpg

Bout 6:45 we were ready to roll at the table. Pulled pork, ribs, taters, baked beans, corn on the cob, slaw n sliced maters. Went to bed happy, happy, happy.
Pork Plated.jpg

Woke up this morning and didn't have any breakfast sausage so I improvised. Pulled a bag of quail from the freezer and boiled em until tender. Shredded the quail n set aside to add to the gravy.
Quail shredded.jpg

Made gravy and added the quail.
Quail gravy.jpg

Worked up a batch of skillet biscuits.
Skillet biscuits.jpg

Opened one of those biscuits and covered it all with quail gravy. Shoulda took a pic of little man devouring his gravy n biscuit. He made a mess of himself, table and floor and seemed quite satisfied.
Quil gravy n biscuts.jpg

Moonpie1

Gone but not forgotten
Have mercy 3C! Don't know where to start! Awesome spread! The pic with lil man is priceless. Good on you getting him outside!

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
Oh my! Oh my! That looks awesome.

Cmp1

BANNED
Wow, that butt looks wonderful,,,, I don't have a smoker but I wish I did,,,, you should try a Sirloin Tip on your smoker, I bet it would be good also,,,, and your boy looks like he's having a blast,,,,

brownceluse

Every bit of that looks perfect! Mouth watering! There isn't anything like the family time down at farm. My kids have been fortunate to grow up with that time. They are teenagers now and they try to stay gone as much as we will allow but all I we have to say is we are going to the farm this week and all they say is ok.

Triple C

Thx guys! I'm still in the minor leagues on slow cooks. Have yet to try my hand at sirloin tip or brisket. Pretty much chicken, turkey n pork on the slow cooks so far.

Biscuits been my mainstay for more than 40 years. Don't ever make em at home but always in demand at the farm.

As for the set up... Added a lean-to on the west side to block the afternoon sun and finally poured a concrete pad underneath it. Made for a nice improvement and cleaner grand younguns. Before and after of the cooking shed.
Shed before.jpg

Shed after.jpg

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Man Yeah!!!!!!!!!! Great grub and awesome pics!!!!!!!!!!:clap:

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I will work for food.Just saying....................

Cmp1

BANNED
Thx guys! I'm still in the minor leagues on slow cooks. Have yet to try my hand at sirloin tip or brisket. Pretty much chicken, turkey n pork on the slow cooks so far.

Biscuits been my mainstay for more than 40 years. Don't ever make em at home but always in demand at the farm.

As for the set up... Added a lean-to on the west side to block the afternoon sun and finally poured a concrete pad underneath it. Made for a nice improvement and cleaner grand younguns. Before and after of the cooking shed.
View attachment 903801

View attachment 903802

Really nice sir,,,, would like to do something similar, if I could come up with the money,,,, outdoor man cave,,,, like your pellet smoker,,,, we have a pellet stove,,,, there's quite a difference between pellets,,,, get ya a college dorm refrigerator out there, then you don't have to walk so far for a brewski,,,, lol lol lol,,,, beautiful,,,,

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Very Nice!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Tip Top groceries Trip. The quail looks outstanding on those biscuits.

pop pop jones

As for the food, WOW, just WOW. As for the grandchild and his side kick, made a big o smile come across my face. Which one do you think was having the best time?