Weekend trip the the Bahamas: a few observations

Baroque Brass

The wife and I took a weekend cruise on Royal Caribbean and I made a few observations:

People of both sexes (both implies two, not multiple genders) intended to show a lot of skin. Many of them should take a look in a mirror before venturing out. Some very overweight women showing way too much flesh. I gave it an 80/20 ratio of them being look worthy, with only 20% looking good.

Tats are popular. I don’t see the fascination but a lot of money is being spent on ink. I personally hate to see a beautiful young woman covered in tattoos. Older women are doing it too.

A mixed drink was $12 with an automatic gratuity added in. The cruise lines offer a ridiculously priced drink package but you’d have to drink A LOT to justify the price. If you want to drink, it’ll cost you.

Some folks are rude and inconsiderate of others. We were having a piece of pizza when a couple sat behind us. They started to have a loud and profane conversation, we were about done anyway and got up to leave. We both looked at them and the guy said, yeah, why don’t yall go on and leave.

Why would you buy a cruise, knowing you’re gonna be a captive audience and immersed in people for a few days, and wear a mask? What good does it do to wear a mask in a buffet line but remove it to eat?

Why would a man have a ring through both nipples?

I saw a couple of big ol’ country looking boys that were mighty cozy with each other.

Food was great as was the service. It’s kinda nice to be catered to and pampered for a few days.

Black Jack was fun, unfortunately the cards weren’t falling our way. Set a limit, when it’s gone, back away from the table.

Entertainment was good, some excellent musicians are on cruise ships.

Lots of hard working young folks, sadly I didn’t see any from America.

There’s good and bad about cruises, it is what you make of it. I enjoyed it, but I’d had enough of crowds and noise after a few days. It’s nice to be back in my quiet little corner in Grady county.

Last edited:

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
What did you think of the spacious sleeping quarters?

Dub

My wife and I laughed on a couple of cruises calling it "Walmart On Water" at times.

We found ways to enjoy ourselves....quiet pools, comedy shows, some of those overpriced libations at times, seated dining away from the buffet lines, etc.

Cabins with balconies are a must.

Baroque Brass

My wife and I laughed on a couple of cruises calling it "Walmart On Water" at times.

We found ways to enjoy ourselves....quiet pools, comedy shows, some of those overpriced libations at times, seated dining away from the buffet lines, etc.

Cabins with balconies are a must.
Yes, we had a balcony cabin, it was nice. Room size was adequate for a few days, you really don’t spend much time in there anyway. Not enough room to swing a dead cat in the shower, I think some of them big ol corn fed heffiers probably had to lather up outside and then squeeze into the shower.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Yes, we had a balcony cabin, it was nice. Room size was adequate for a few days, you really don’t spend much time in there anyway. Not enough room to swing a dead cat in the shower, I think some of them big ol corn fed heffiers probably had to lather up outside and then squeeze into the shower.
:rofl: :rockon:

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
I go on vacation to get away from the "Walmarks people". I quit going to Panymaw City for that same reason years ago .

leroy

We went to sandals resort in st lucia last summer and we liked it better than the cruises, all inclusive so eat and drink to your hearts content, going to try a different one this year.

Stroker

Wife, daughter, and grandkids went on one, want to go back. I was invited but declined. I'd rather hoe cotton in July than deal with all those Walmarks people with no escape. I do like concerts but you ain't trapped on a floating prison with unruly kids and adults and can leave anytime you like. I would like to take one of the Mississippi river boat cruise though one day.

Duff

Those are some good observations BB. :bounce: Sounds about like the few I’ve been on. I will not go on another one. Just not for me.

Duff

My wife and I had not been married very long when her boss gave everyone that worked for him, a free cruise as a Christmas present. All the ladies decided they wanted their husbands to go also. So I had to buy a ticket. Then the ladies decided they wanted to fly to Orlando instead of driving. I had to buy 2 plane tickets. Add in what we spent on the boat and that “free” cruise costs me $1600facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Love cruising, it's the best bang for your buck going as far as a vacation. We've been on 17 since 2003 and will go on many more Lord willing. It is what you make it for sure and it is not what it once was. Also don't judge all cruises off of a 3-5 day "booze" cruise. Try a longer more expensive one, it tends to weed out a good bit of those so called "WalMart" folks. Duff $1600 is cheap for a cruise fella. Lol.

Baroque Brass

We went to sandals resort in st lucia last summer and we liked it better than the cruises, all inclusive so eat and drink to your hearts content, going to try a different one this year.
I’ve thought about those, they look good. I figure it’s mostly young and beautiful people there, we’re in our sixties, young and beautiful are far behind. Heck, I wasn’t beautiful when I was young.

Baroque Brass

Folks that have taken Alaska cruises say the crowd is much more mature and conduct themselves properly, and it’s usually no kids. An Alaska cruise is on my bucket list.

bass4fun

First cruise attempt coming up in December. Taking Celebrity (have balcony room). My brother booked it, we have drink package and tips already paid. Not sure what to expect. Excited about seeing Grand Cayman and Cozumel though.