Well water and Clethodim

roscoe54

I used 3/4 once Clethodim and 1/2 once surfactant got very little kill on my grass Do I need to use a conditioner if so what kind

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
It depends on how much coverage you got with the 3/4 oz plus this time of year grasses tend to "toughen up" as the Summer heat comes on so you likely won't get as good a kill. I'd give it a couple of weeks to see what happens with what you have done so far and if you didn't kill much increase the dose on your Cleth. I doubt your well water had anything to do with it. I use rainwater I collect in one of those plastic vegetable oil tanks and it has algae etc in it but that doesn't affect the chemical.

doomtrpr_z71

One it takes about 2 weeks
Two you used too low of a rate if that's to a gallon for anything other than annual grass

If you want you can use AMS to condition the water or buy an ams blended non ionic surfactant

roscoe54

Two you used too low of a rate if that's to a gallon for anything other than annual grass

If you want you can use AMS to condition the water or buy an ams blended non ionic surfactant
IAM using 80/20 Nonionic surfactant What rate should I use per gallon Clethodim and Surfactant

davel

This! Also, I have well water and do nothing to it. It's not the well water it's the rate and time. It takes a minimum of 2 weeks for me to see any browning of bahia. It hits crabgrass harder.