What a Day...

Jkidd

I took a guy with me this morning rabbit hunting that dosent have dogs but wants dogs.Well started out this morning in a SWAMP.... Dogs struck a rabbit within 5 mins of letting them out and ran that swamper for about 45 mins before he hit the water on them. Well after walking across a swamp and not being able to pick the track back up we went back across and started back towards the truck and they picked him back up about 100 yds down the creek. Then another 30 min run and back to water and this time he out smarted us all together ::huh: So we went back to the truck and drove to the other side of the swamp and turned out.. about 1hr later and no rabbits we started back out and I decided to try this little island in the swamp and the dogs jumped1 BIGGG swamper and shot him pretty quick after about a 1min run :shoot: :shoot: Then we went to another spot and nuttn. Well now its 12:00 and only 1 bunnie in the bag I said OK Were going to a spot I know there are some bunnies and so we did. I unloaded the dogs and we jumped one real quick and ran him for ruffly 1hr before taking him. Then we went up the hill and jumped another and ran that joker for 2+ hrs before I finally got him. I dont know whos more tired... the dogs or me...

One thing I can say is my dogs did well today and cant wait till Tues. :) Ive got permission to run a guys cattle farm and I went Fri. eve and shot 2 rabbits within 30 mins of turning out and seen 4 more . Rabbits where running EVERYWHERE... :) he came out and listened to the dogs run and now he wants in on the :shoot: and he told me he has a couple more places for me to go :) gotta love it :)

Jason

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Jason,

Glad to hear you had a good hunt today. Sounds like those wabbits about put a wuppin on ya!... :D

I guess you'll get the last laugh though when they hit the frying pan, huh... :bounce:

Did you get a chance to see when the season closes yet?

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Good deal, we should be able to hook up soon then if you still want to. I'll get back with you in a week or so.