What a great business

taylornelms

GONetwork Member
Ok being 19 can sometimes be bad when looking for good hunting fishing equipment. This year i wanted to buy a bow. I decided that all my friends had one and i wanted to hunt and get better than them with mine. So, i went to WEST GA ARCHERY and they hooked me up. Ill have to say im pretty sure tehy didnt care that i was 19 and they didntcare that i didnt have a clue what i wanted. I bought a PSE Beast. Now of course this is not the highest price bow and in reality probly isnt what most of you (pros) are used to but it shoots and im positive it will kill a deer just like yalls matthews or hoyts. Anway. Wehn you buy a bow there they put on all your accessories and make sure you leave happy. Well we deffinately did. The day i bought it we set it up and shot and i got a shooting lesson. Also when you get a bow there they let you have 5 free hours of shootin time on their indoor range. Personally i kinda thought after spending a few hundred bucks they owed me a little. I have been probly 15 times sense i got it and somehow just got done using my free time. They are great. The guy noticed i was struggling a little and he came out and pretty much fixed everything i was doing wrong. GREAT PEOPLE. unlike most they act like they have all the time in the wordl to talk with you and help you in any way they can. Just thought i owed them a little "shout out" If you live in the coweta fayette area you should deffinately check them out.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Sounds like you had a good experience and are now prepared to hunt wth a bow. What else can you ask for?

Nothing wrong with that PSE, youa re right it will kill a lot of deer if you learn to shoot and keep learning to shoot it.

Jim

Arrow Flinger

Good deal! It is great to have a place that is willing to help. It sounds like you are off to a good start.

HuntinTom

Retired Moderator
It's always great to hear of such nice and supportive folks running hunting businesses - Sounds like they've got you fixed up and ready to hit the woods this fall prepared to get it done!

TJay

Welcome to bowhunting, Taylor. If you're like a lot of us you are at the beginning of a lifelong pursuit. And you're right not to worry about what other people are shooting, there is only one degree of dead. If you put a sharp broadhead in the right spot it will kill a deer graveyard dead, regardless of the brand of bow. Good luck!

Deerhead

You will be very happy with your PSE I am!

We all can learn from Taylor, and we are all guilty of it...
We all complain but never complement when someone does a good deed or goes above and beyond. :clap:

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Taylor they do offer great service. I didn't get my bow there but thats where I get all my things I need during the season. You will be very pleased with the PSE. I was in the same boat you where about not wanting to drop a ton of money into a first bow so I got a PSE. I was able to take my first two deer with it this past season and I can tell you the deer didn't know it wasn't a Matthews's or Hoyt!

smitty

West Ga. Archery

Ron and Judy are some of the nicest people out there that run a archery business.They always go out there way for everyone and reguardless to ensure you are satisfied.....Rons been around for a long time with HCA and has some really great deals right now... :cheers:

gabowman

Taylor,

Sounds like you found a nice shop to work with ya and that's great. Dont worry too much about what others shoot either. I remember starting out with an $80 compound with @ a $10 (cheap) sight, and a shooting glove and that killed deer for me. Later on if you find that bowhunting is your bag you can always upgrade as funds become available......and believe me, you definitely will want to if you get that bowhunting bug under your skin like alot of us long-time bowhunters have. It's a never ending money spending addiction for most of us. :crazy: :eek: :bounce: :bounce:

GB