What Do You Have Planned ?

Redbow

For the last day of 2021? Well we don't have much of anything planned for today the Wife cooked a good meal yesterday and we still have some left for today so no cooking for us until tomorrow. We could get out and drive over to the beach and walk the shore line for a while. Take a couple loaves of bread or a bag of dry cat food and feed the seagulls. No doubt we would have a flock of them all around us in minutes if we did that. Picking up a few augers and olive shells would be fun, or take the metal detector and pick up a few pennies others have lost while enjoying the beaches here this past summer and fall.

Oh well another year has gone quickly by lots of memories and happenings in our lives and our world that we can reflect on during the New Year. And just hope and pray that 2022 will be much better for everyone in some way, and much better for our nation that badly needs repair in many ways.

Happy New Year all be safe and we hope all your days to come will be happy,, healthy, and prosperous ones.

Tomorrow we might cook collards, black eye peas and maybe a boston butt on the grill, fried cornbread too.

Redbow

Hot and humid here as well, 64 degrees this morning but a change is coming by Sunday so the weather service says, gonna get quite cool but it won't last very long. We had a little rain but more coming, we need it.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I am going to do some forum watchiing, some football watching and get some stuff ready to cook for New Year's Day.

I'm also going to establish a relationship with a new bank, a local bank. SunTrust/Truist has struck my last available bank tolerance nerve.

Redbow

I am going to do some forum watchiing, some football watching and get some stuff ready to cook for New Year's Day.

I'm also going to establish a relationship with a new bank, a local bank. SunTrust/Truist has struck my last available bank tolerance nerve.

I hope it doesn't take you 2 months like it did with us when we left BOA back in the spring to get established with a new bank. Getting our retirement accounts and everything that we needed to get completed with the new bank was the problem. My Wife's SC state retirement dragged their feet the longest. None of this was the new banks fault they were glad to accept us.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
My situation is pretty simple. Just need a checking account and want a local relationship where I can ask someone who knows something about me for a personal loan if I need it.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Going to cook some wangs and finger food. Get just a smidgen of real work done this morning then hang out and watch football.

kayaksteve

Working, Today is one of my holidays for the year. I’ll hang around and relax til the weather and calls start rolling in this afternoon

Redbow

Football, football and football and like Ruger said, finger foods to go along with it.

My Wife will no doubt watch lots of football today. Me, I really do not care for it I can watch a few minutes of it then I find something else to do.

turkeykirk

Don’t have much planned. Do know I won’t be up at midnight. This old guy hasn’t seen a New Year come in in years.:biggrin3::rofl:

Redbow

Don’t have much planned. Do know I won’t be up at midnight. This old guy hasn’t seen a New Year come in in years.:biggrin3::rofl:

Hmmm, we might just doze in our easy chairs than walk outside at mid-night to see where the fireworks are coming from . With us it ain't no big thing we just hope to be around for another one a year from now. Yep, we are old too.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
My daughter is doing finger foods too this evening.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Lazy day here for us if I can get my knee to work. I do need to get out to the garden to gather a mess of mustard for my friends down the road and a mess of collards for my buddy across the field. Gonna try to get to the woods this evening for a hunt. Maybe grill a couple of ribeyes for supper tonight.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Morning hunt, PM work. Headed out with friends tonight to watch football and see a band. Haven't gone out on NYE in forever, so we'll see if I make it til midnight. Lots happened in 2021, good and bad. Looking for a better 2022.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
Currently engaged in some refresher training courses, online, that have to be completed today.(so they credit for this year. Been a busy year and I've procrastinated)

Watch the Dawgs kick the snot outta ttun

Teenage son gonna go spend the evening with his girlfriend and family so the wife and I will have the house to ourselves tonight:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Just another day to me. Tie up some crappie jigs and wax up some leather bags for my muzzle loader kits.

specialk

Cooking greens and peas this morning, i think they taste better the next day....check cams and feeders around the house later on between showers....probably clean the kennel too.....good time to drag out the rabbit hunting stuff, make sure i can still fit into my briar britches and charge the collars too.....Happy New year Redbow and fellow Gon'ers!!!

Latest posts