What kind of food do you feed your dog?

Todd E

We swapped over to Purina One. It has drastically changed the over health of our five dogs. My wife wrote a story about it and we won Purina One for a year through The Fish 104.7.

jeeptastic

Gone but not forgotten
does anyone feed there dogs table craps at all. I feed my dof purina one, but sometimes when we have leftovers, i give them to the dog.

Am I a bad person?

JoeBanker

Banned
jeeptastic said:
does anyone feed there dogs table craps at all. I feed my dof purina one, but sometimes when we have leftovers, i give them to the dog.

Am I a bad person?

My dogs get table scraps all the time. I think the only food that is bad for a dog is cooked bones and chocolate.

AAADawg

I feed mine collard greens...now before you start thinking that your dog wont eat collard greens I gotta tell you mine wouldnt either for about a month....then he suddenly developed a taste for them!!!!

( I must give credit for that to Jerry Clower...what the world needs more of is Jerry Clower!!!!)

:yeah:

Nick W

Well, considering my dog weighs a little over 235lbs, he eats what ever he wants. Mostly steak and raw potatoes.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Kibbles and Bits. Got a Cocker Spaniel.

southernclay

Nick W said:
Well, considering my dog weighs a little over 235lbs, he eats what ever he wants. Mostly steak and raw potatoes.
What kind of dog, English Mastiff?

Darcy

we use purina one for our two dogs....and some people food, but mostly only meat if there are left overs, they really like scraps of vension the most...

try http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?cls=2&cat=1661&articleid=1030 for a list of some of the things that you shouldn't feed your dog.

someone mentioned the raw/natural diet....i'd love to do that but its a little too expensive to think about now. A lot of vets recommend it, but there are many factors/issues that go along with it...its one of those things were you have to know your stuff to make sure its done right, or it might hurt the dog more than just giving them kibble.

southernclay

My dad just got some called Black Gold. He gets the high performance for his pointer. It is almost as cheap as Ol Roy and has real chicken in it and the dog loves it.

6wheeler

Purina One and what ever meat I'm having that night for supper. When we have other people over to eat the dogs (a white shepard and a shiz tzu) have to be locked in the bedroom to keep them from begging from everyone at the table. Yeah, I'm a b-a-a-a-d-d-d-d boy for teaching them that, but hey these are my best friends, gotta look out for them.

kcausey

Banned
Chocolate Labs

My Labs get either Purina One large breed or Pro Plan large breed. I also bake or grill them chicken breast very dry. My male weighs 120lbs and female will be about 90lbs

Nick W...you have a Neopolitan Mastiff????

Last edited: