What Tobacco Products Have You Used?

specialk

Ive seen old timers take a big leaf of cured and twist it up tight and cut a plug off to chew on.....ive chewed mammoth cave and days work plug...good stuff!

Redbow

Ive seen old timers take a big leaf of cured and twist it up tight and cut a plug off to chew on.....ive chewed mammoth cave and days work plug...good stuff!
Back when I was growing up on the tobacco farm you graded the tobacco before it went to market. The trash pile as it was called sold for next to nothing back then. My cousins dried it out and smoked it, rolling the trash tobacco into cigarettes every year. They didn't have to buy pouch tobacco at the store by doing that.

leroy

None. My father smoked and I couldn’t stand it as a youngster

Both my parents smoked growing up, salems, went into the store many times to get them for them. I got married and moved out and after being out of it on a daily basis I couldn't stand it. I couldn't stand to ride in their car anymore for the stench and daddy got sorta miffed when I wouldn't ride with them or when I told him they would have to go outside to smoke at my house. They got over it and eventually both quit. Did sneak one out and smoke it as a teen but I never picked up the habit.

Last edited:

Redbow

Wanted to chew something bad as a teen but could never aquire a taste for it. Same with beer they all tasted same to me ukkk would give me the shivers every swallow.
I'm about the same way with beer and all strong drink, its not my style and I hate the taste of it. Never have figured out why anyone would want to or drink the stuff on a regular basis.

leroy

I'm about the same way with beer and all strong drink, its not my style and I hate the taste of it. Never have figured out why anyone would want to or drink the stuff on a regular basis.

Lol, Now if it tasted like mountain dew or sweet tea I would have a problem ?, one of the few times I ever was intoxicated and probably the worst was after my HS graduation and it was off beer and I had to make myself drink it, got sick and that done it for me lol.

sinclair1

Smoked Newports for a long time, quit smoking about 11 years ago but got a craving for nicotine a while back so started chewing losanges and the tobacco-free snus pouches.
explain those tobacco free nicotine pouches to me. I quit before they came out, but the cancer rate is low on dipping and you will flunk a nicotine test using Snus and they cost as much.
Running from tobacco and staying with nicotine with no tar involved is curious to me, but congratulations I guess. Sure beats smoking!

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
Never smoked tobacco, dipped, or chewed...but I split my fair share of swisher sweets and threw away the tobacco for a long time. Haven't done that in 8 now

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Oh boy. Red Man regular.
Lots and lots of that. Copenhagen original. Skoal Wintergreen. Skoal Mint. Pal Mal Menthol.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Marlboro cowboy killers, Salem light shorts, Bull of the Woods plug, Levi Garret plug, Levi Garret pouch, Skoal Wintergreen, and a pipe on occasion using Borkum Riff and a blend from the tobacco shop.

Quit chewing and dipping about 38 years ago, and stopped smoking 12 and 1/2 years ago.

Shadow11

Smoked a lot when I was younger. Best thing I ever did was quit. Huge difference in my stamina after about a year after I quit. I've chewed and dipped about everything there is. I've been using kayak straight for the last 5 or 6 years. It's much better than skoal, and 80% cheaper.

specialk

Was at a race at south boston speedway in VA when i was about 11 y.o....got stung by a wasp and daddy bummed a cig off a guy and tore out tobacco mixed it with his spit and packed it on the bite...pain went away....it was then i realized daddys spit as well as mamas spit had magical powers....

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Was at a race at south boston speedway in VA when i was about 11 y.o....got stung by a wasp and daddy bummed a cig off a guy and tore out tobacco mixed it with his spit and packed it on the bite...pain went away....it was then i realized daddys spit as well as mamas spit had magical powers....
Red Man with my old man.

sinclair1

I was just reading a story about smoking in movies requiring a R rating in the future, as children are not drawn to nicotine, they emulate people who smoke that they look up too, then the nicotine takes over.

I guess there’s some truth in my experience, I started dipping with the older neighborhood kids I was trying to fit in with at 12.I turned blue a few times and kept trying it.

I never looked up to movie characters, but I guess the new millennials live on a virtual reality most of the time.

what do I know, I drank from a water hose, and fished with lead sinkers.

DSGB

Had my first dip in high school - Kodiak Wintergreen. Dipped Skoal Straight for about 10 years. Tried smoking in high school. Chewed Red Man and Levi Garrett.