Whatizit?

rosewood

Yes sir, I was being a smart pants.
Still I have never seen a black salt block with a bullseye.
It is actually an indention, kind of bowl shaped. The block is laying on the side. Not sure why they make them that way, maybe to catch water??

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
It is actually an indention, kind of bowl shaped. The block is laying on the side. Not sure why they make them that way, maybe to catch water??

they aren't deep enough now, but when I was a wee tyke, that hole was deep enough that my Pappy and I would sharpen up a post in the middle of the pasture, and place the salt block on top of the post for the cows to lick on. Back then, the hole in the middle was at least 4 inches deep.

Turpentine

It is actually an indention, kind of bowl shaped. The block is laying on the side. Not sure why they make them that way, maybe to catch water??[/QUOT
I was really just trying to be funny.
I think the indention is to help hold it in place while the horses or other farm animals lick it. Similar to a tolite paper roll holder.

shdw633

I think it's a fawn

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I still say bobcat.
IMAG0131_zoomed.jpg

rosewood

I do have pictures of foxes. Some quite good ones too. So far, the only native critters I have not seen here was the bobcat and the bear. Everything else has been spotted on this camera and this is in the back of a subdivision.

Rosewood

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Bobcat was my first thought also.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Way too long of legs for a gray fox.

rosewood

Bobcat
It's not a skunk facing left as his eyes are on the right side
Kind of hard to have eye shine on the back end ain't it?

rosewood

This one just showed up at same cam. Looks kind of puny though. Now all I have to see here is a bear and all game in ga have been seen on this cam. Really don't want to see one though here.20191102_113139.jpg

rosewood

Latest posts