Whats everyone cookin this weekend?

BluewaterFever

Looking to see what everyone plans to cook up this weekend. I have a few things in mind but I'm always lookin for sumtin different.
Tonight will be a little flat top cookin some sirlion and fried rice.
Saturday will be the last of the King Crab legs I got on sale and will round out Sunday with a rack o ribs on the smoker. I am doing a self test of my versatility on three different cooking surfaces for the upcoming time change Saturday night rolling into Sunday.
You can never be prepared enough for the adversity thrown at you these days!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I'm frying some chicken wings tonight, hamburger steaks tomorrow night, fish and chips Sunday.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That pork mole looks absolutely delicious! I would love to try and eat my weight in that stuff!
View attachment 1292594
The wife said she liked the fried rice, it did come out good. I need to change a few things up a lil but got the basic flavor down!
That looks delicious!

Redbow

Having neighbors over 2nite, so burgers and hot dogs with all the works including home made slaw, potato salad, fries, and lemon cream pie and brownies for dessert. For an appetizer a hot cheese dip with tostito chips the scoop kind. And whatever they want to drink.

georgia_home

There is a cryo bag o pork that needs makin, looks like the meat in the mole pic, but whole. gonna cut it up and do something. Not sure yet. Maybe part Asian stir fry. Or carnita style… gotta ask the family and give my son marching orders.

ambush80

There is a cryo bag o pork that needs makin, looks like the meat in the mole pic, but whole. gonna cut it up and do something. Not sure yet. Maybe part Asian stir fry. Or carnita style… gotta ask the family and give my son marching orders.
Green mole is super easy because I cheat. I got some cheap butt from the Mexican store and a jar of this stuff.

Doña-Maria-Green-Mole-e1602560987851.jpeg

I fried the meat, poured off most of the oil then in the same pot put some onions, garlic, roasted poblanos, roasted serranos and the jar of mole. Then added 6 mole jars of chicken stock, dissolved the mole, added the pork back in and simmered for an hour or so. Gotta scrape the bottom allot cause it's thick. Super easy.

JDBrown

Probably eating out tonight, after I finish grilling up 5 or 6 pounds of chicken breast for my youngest daughters baby shower tomorrow afternoon. Mrs B planned on grilled chicken fajitas as it's a cowboy theme. She wants the chicken done this evening, So me and Sam Adams are a grilling in this wind after the storms cleared.20240309_181449.jpg

Last edited: