Where to find 'antique' rifle furniture 1917

Back years ago I had acquired an M1 carbine that had a broken barrel band and was missing some of the furniture. I was able to source it through a swap meet. I cannot say the last time I have seen anything about a swap meet, I mean they could still be happening but I may not be in tune with the announcements.

One of my great uncles served over in Europe WW1 and not sure how but his rifle came home with him and as time passed I inherited it. As far as I can say I believe it to be the "Eddystone" designation and the upper barrel guard is cracked through. I could probably glue it but am hoping to find a more quality fix for it. I found a few things on eBay but none of them seem to have the hollow (as it were) down the center of the guard.

I also recall that with the M1 I had to have the sight pressed off to get the clamp off and it seems a lot like that may be the case with this one as well. I am a bit reluctant to try messing with this rifle in that I have zero plans to use it. It is a heirloom of sorts and would like to have it to pass down to my own children and/or family but having that part available would be great.

Can any of you recommend a good place to source this part and also confirm if the sight would have to be pressed off to replace?

Thank you.

Jester896

Senior Clown

can't help with the sight removal info

Thanks for those links, but those are the lower stock. I only need the upper "heat shield" aspect which would be over the front 1/3-ish of so of the ones you linked.

Jester896

Senior Clown

Thank you @Jester896

I also remembered that the sight only had to be pressed off to replace the clamp on the other (M1). I had done both items at the same time and was confused.