Which feeder motor would you choose?

Which feeder motor would you choose?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

habersham hammer

I have a Moultrie 30 gallon hanging feeder and I am trying to decide which feeder kit to use. One is the Moultrie Pro Hunter II 6volt and the other is the new Moultrie Ranch Series 12volt. Which one gets the most votes is the one I'm going with. Thanks.

Bud Man

I've got 6 years on a pro Hunter 2 on four hanging 55 gallon drum feeders. As previously stated pain in the butt to program actually like the original version. With that being said I've had no trouble out of any of them.. dollar for dollar I don't think you can to beat them. JMO

I've got 6 years on a pro Hunter 2 on four hanging 55 gallon drum feeders. As previously stated pain in the butt to program actually like the original version. With that being said I've had no trouble out of any of them.. dollar for dollar I don't think you can to beat them. JMO
Can you post some pictures of your hanging feeder setups ? I like to see them I have a couple myself

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
I run 6 volt on my Primos spinners and 12 volt on my Boss Buck spinners with solar hookups. Biggest difference between the 2 is the distance they sling the corn. 12 will broadcast wayyy out and I run it on less time than the 6.

I run 6 volt on my Primos spinners and 12 volt on my Boss Buck spinners with solar hookups. Biggest difference between the 2 is the distance they sling the corn. 12 will broadcast wayyy out and I run it on less time than the 6.
That’s the same I have experience aswell. Mine are hanging 15 foot off the ground. West Texas feeder supply motors. I get an easy 100 feet of coverage from that height.

All Season Feeders has a kit that you can install on a barrel. They are much stronger and I personally have one that has been running since 2016 without any issues.

Tight Lines

I have the pro and it's fine for the barrel you are talking about. That's what I have it on. Batteries (2) last forever even without solar.

The other is like the motor on the Hang 'em High feeders I have which is far superior with The Timer module and a 12V battery. With solar I've never had to recharge them. But they cost quite a bit more...

Let us know what you decide...

This is the only way imho.

Iwannashoot

Pesident of the Fla Chaper Useless Billy club.
Those pro hunter II's are junk. We are on our fourth one in just over three years. Not to mention they are a nightmare to program. Do yourself a favor and get anything else.

Only good thing I can say is that Moultrie has honored their lifetime warranty!

Mackie889

My pro hunter 2 feeder motor worked well for the 2 years that I used it. I didn’t find it difficult to program, but maybe the earlier models were easier to program? It worked great ... until some dirtbag stole the feeder! I hope it no longer works for him!